Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what are you drinking?

I'm finding myself very thirsty, and drinking lots of water. Love Ribena at the moment too... sometimes weak.. sometimes strong. I also heard drinking lots of water makes the baby smart. LOL. let's hope so!!

With Nicholas I couldn't drink anything else but water and juice.

With the pg I am drinking water, maybe a glass or 2 of soft drink and I love the Berri Multi V juice atm, am drinking that like its going out of fashion. 8-[

thanks for all your replies.. i'm now stocked with almost every kind of fruit juice on the supermarket shelves! hehe.. but it's amazing how refreshing a squirt of lemon juice into ice water can be!

if coffee is about the caffeine and coca cola is more about the sugar.. is drinking decaf and diet coke okay?

Default Drinking

I'm drinking water and juice a lot, have completely given up coffee and alcohol (which I can now smell at 12 paces, so feel absolutely put off), but still drink 1-2 cups of tea a day. It's not a lot of caffeine and isn't making me feel sick, so I just cut back from what we used to have. If I really want another hot drink at night I quite like a warm milk as well.

And to justify the tea, I haven't touched coke or chocolate either!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Juice, juice and more juice. All different kinds, but my favourite was and always ice cold apple juice, so cold that when you scull it it takes your breath away. Mmmmmmmmmm. Also lots and lots of caramel milkshakes, I craved them so much. And ginger beer is so wonderful when you're feeling queasy.

Decaf coffee should be ok in moderation. Diet coke maybe ok in moderation but then again the artificial sweetner is not good either if you drink a lot of it.

From what I've read, caffeine in moderation (up to 3 cups of coffee a day) does not cause any harm, although apparently it can hinder conception, but we're obviously past that point here!!

As for coke/diet coke, I figure at least I know the effect of sugar, but the artificial sweeteners in diet softdrinks are scary... did you know that if you have Phenyllanine (the sweetener in Diet Coke) with any salty food, your body absorbs 3 times the amount of sodium from the food than it would normally absorb? There are many other concerns about it too including headaches and depression. At least sugar is natural and we know its side effects...

Ellibam Guest

wow dee i knew there was a reason i never went for diet drinks.

At the mo i drink about 2 litres of lemon cordial, any type of juice watered down, occasionally a can of coke or screaming soda, 2-3 cups of tea, 1 cup of raspberry leaf tea.
    wow looking at that i think i drink alot.
    i cant drink plain water and never have been a coffee drinker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12