Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you get your first stretch marks?

Default When did you get your first stretch marks?

Hi,

Just wondering when the average person first gets stretch marks?

I've got none yet and I'm wondering when its safe (if ever) to assume I'm not going to get any.

Thanks

Christmas day!!! (edit - damn good xmas food!)

around 7 months
    Last edited by Kitt3n; April 2nd, 2008 at 11:22 AM.

I didn't get any and I'm far too lazy to use potions and lotions so I think it's just the luck of the draw.

I was using a massage oil blend (but I dont know if that means anything in theend anyway) but I didnt get any until I was 8months 1 week!!
    I ASSUMED that I had made it that far, so I wasn't going to get any...then They started as a little red mark, like the button from my jeans had been digging into my beelly, adn they just spread!! lol They almost doubled in size in the last week I was pg (my overdue week).
    Oh I got the under the bellybutton, all the way to the pubic bone ones

Moral of hte story...never assume!! lol

I didn't get any the whole way through the pregnancy but once she was here, you could see a few faint white lines around my belly button and near my hips but they aren't very noticeable. I did use a mix of bio-oil and palmers cocoa butter the whole way through, and am using again this time. Whether it made a difference or not who knows but it smells so good and made my tummy feel nice and soft especially later one when its all stretched out!

I used body butter all the way through...and thought I was safe!

But unfortunately there was a stretch mark bonanza in the last 2 weeks (I was 8 days overdue!!!)

Unfortunately, if you're going to get them, I don't think there is a whole lot you can do to avoid it...

Let's hope you are one of the lucky ones!!!

With DS I probably got the fat, big ones from probably mid-way along. I had little ones from earlier on though.
    I got heaps, but I'm hoping since I got heaps with DS, this time around I won't get anymore.. not that it will matter. Lol.

yeah, if you're going to get them, you can't really help it.

Good luck, and I hope you're having a H&H pg.

xx

I'm 39 weeks and only have two so far. One on the front of my thigh that kind of disappears when I massage cream into it, and one on the inside of the same thigh. Been using body butter/vaseline/lanolin/anything I can get my hands on all through. Even if that doesn't help (I think it might just) it feels so good on your tight-as-a-drum tummy. I think regular exercise and eating well has helped, too.

I got a few on the tops of my thighs around 7 months and nothing on my belly until a few days before I was induced at 10 days past EDD, they aren't very bad though. I used Bio Oil and sorbolene (sp) throughout my pregnancy and still use sorbolene now.

I got them on my boobs before I even knew I was pregnant! That was with my first. Then I got them on my tummy at around 30 weeks or so. Then with the next two I didn't get any and thought I had been lucky, but then they showed up in the last couple of weeks of being pg. I have decided I am just one of those women that will get them. I did all the lotions etc, because it feels nice and it may have helped in the fact that I didn't get any stretch marks until late with my girls. But it doesn't bother me too much because they always fade to nothing afterwards.

About 17 years ago. PMSL.

Stretch marks are a genetic thing. Pretty much if your mum has them, your gonna get them

I had none the whole way through my pregnancy so I thought I was gonna be stretchie free - but got a couple at 40wks!
    DD was born at 41wks. I think I got slack towards the end with moisturising - this time I will moisturise MORE towards the end!

I got them at 37 wks both times.

I don't have any yet (touch wood) but I also think it is significant that I don't have an 'outtie' belly button. In fact there is still plenty of room to move before I would get one.

I use Palmers Cocoa Formula hopeing it will help and if it doesn't it is just nice to have DP rub it all over my belly each night (its his favourite choir too). I've heard lots of people say from about 30 weeks onwards it when it all starts to happen...... with the last 2 weeks or so the worst.

I got plenty of Stretch marks already from Puberty so although I hope it doesn't happen to me I still think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    About 17 years ago. PMSL.

Stretch marks are a genetic thing. Pretty much if your mum has them, your gonna get them
    MY MUM DOESN'T HAVE ANY!!! Boohoohoo
    Even with the twins she didn't get any! Although she did pop at 33wks.

Ummm principessa76 i got mine first one at about 6wks - boobie ones lol.
    Then at probably 24/25 weeks. I grew all at once though...
    And then i even got one while bub was descending during labour which i found amusing.

I got mine on my boobs when my milk came in when I had Evan. My boobs pretty much exploded. I don't have "stretch" marks I have visable tears in the tissue.
    have a hot bath or shower & you will see them if you have any.

yeah I don't believe that lotions & potions will prevent them. Maintaining a good healthy diet & fluid intake, teamed with exercise is probably they only thing that may help avoid them.

I am sure there was a thread a while back about this, was something to do with hormones??

It's more to do with the elasticity of your skin which is generally inherited, that said you may have inherited your dad's skin elasticity (or lack of) if you had the opposite to your mum. Make sense?

Anyway, my first pregnancy I only got some on my boobs & hips. This time round I started to get them on my lower belly around 29 weeks & I'm still getting more now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast