Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When did you start showing?

With my first probably around 15 wks, with this one about 10wks, I started wearing maternity tops & pants!

Melody Guest

Mmmm.... my clothes started to feel tight/restrictive on me around twelve weeks & I started showing to myself & DH around 16-19 weeks but realistically I was 24 weeks before anyone started to lok at me funny & ponder whether I was pregnant or not.

Around 20 weeks with my 1st pregnancy people at work were commenting. Although at 35wks i actually had to tell people i was pregnant with 5 weeks to go.
    With my second pregnancy im noticing clothes are feeling tighter sooner. I dont know about the other girls but i dont worry about it, i think its a nice feeling - youve got the rest of your life to loose the weight ...just enjoy it !

To me, I started showing a little belly around 12wks; although I was so crook for 10 weeks I literally went from having an inverted flat stomach to having a little belly.

At about 15wks people at work suddenly started commenting that I had 'popped'; my chest definately got bigger too around that time.

I like wearing clothes around my waist so I moved into maternity skirts and pants around 12/13wks to be more comfortable. Generally random people in the public have started noticing now around 18/19wks. (Unfortunately not enough to stop rude people from elbowing past)

Quote Originally Posted by mbear
    With my second pregnancy im noticing clothes are feeling tighter sooner.
    Same! I'm only six weeks here and my clothes feel tight! At this rate I'll be pulling my maternity stuff out in a matter of weeks :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by Flea
    Quote Originally Posted by mbear
    With my second pregnancy im noticing clothes are feeling tighter sooner.
    Same! I'm only six weeks here and my clothes feel tight! At this rate I'll be pulling my maternity stuff out in a matter of weeks :shock:
    I wouldn't stress Flea.... prior to getting bad M/S I thought everything started to feel tighter straight away. You might find you feel 'fuller' but it's not noticeable to anyone else.

davvie Guest

In the early stages, by 12wks I had pudded up a bit, very fluidy. Then I lost weight and didnt show until 22wks or so. I am 5'11 tho so my ob said that I wouldnt show as much as smaller women.

There aint no mistaking the belly now tho!! hehehehe

I had to buy maternity pants really early around 8 weeks as i couldnt stand having any pressure on my belly but i didnt really start showing till i was 16 weeks, but i now look at photos of that period and realise i wasnt that big at all compared to later stages.

mizzsocial Guest

I wasnt showing until around 14 weeks, but people who didnt know me just thought i had ate to much which resulted in a poped out belly! LOL..

But it wasnt until 24 weeks, where people i didnt know accually had the guts to ask me when i was due! hehehe

I started showing about 16 weeks and I was also wearing all my maternity clothes by then. By the time I was 5 months pregnant I was quite big my SIL knew I was having a big baby and probably would need a c/s to get him out and she was correct.

angel_eyes Guest

I just popped out on Sunday, felt really fat - 10 weeks tomorrow and the pants are definitely getting tighter.

With Jules i was in maternity gear at 7 weeks. With this one i thought i could hide it longer cos i still hadn't lost much weight from Jules, but at 7 weeks, everyone that knew me started asking if was preggers cos i had popped out so much. Strangers didn't ask until recently but i think thats just cos i have such a young baby they think i might just still have the belly!lol. I didn't actually get that big (compared to others) with jules, it just grew really fast and then stopped around 30 weeks.

alex c Guest

I started showing at about 7 weeks and all my clients at the hairsalon think im already 4-5 months iv really popped out and im only 8 weeks...

Do you think it is common to look bigger some days??

I'm 15 weeks and at the moment I think I look smaller than I did last week -but then again my eyes may just be playing tricks

It's kind of hard to tell....at the moment as I'm not an egg shape - more of a watermelon with boobs - besides before falling pregnant I would have considered myself "pleasantly plump" - however with severe morning sickness I have lost 6 kilos - so I'm not sure what to really expect??? - maybe I'll become that Super Model afterall.....(LOL) I'll settle for Super Mum first though

\/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12