Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When to tell family?

DH and I were having a discuss on this when we started to discuss IVF issues. I miscarried at 11 1/2 weeks the first time I fell preggers (when I was 24) so I'm wary of it happening again (and I've had cervical cancer since then).

So we've decided to keep it to ourselves until after the first scan. But then again we weren't going to tell anybody we were going to attempt to have kids but he had to tell his mum & his best friend (who has just recently gave birth to a beautiful baby girl), so then we had to tell the rest of the family. There was one particular person involved with a member of his family that I didn't want knowing about our baby attempts but they were told (bit hard to tell his brother and tell him not to tell the person he is living with).

But then again our plan may just change when we find out we're pregnant.

i told family and friends straight away wheni found out 5 weeks, and work 13 weeks after the first ultra sound.

I told pretty much everyone I know as soon as I knew at 4 weeks. All the people I told I would have wanted/needed to know if something was to happen so I didn't see the point in waiting.

symphony Guest

I was just about to post the same qn! I'm 6wks and have so far told my sister and midwife friend (she guessed!?) in Aust and my karate teacher here... Waiting until after next Dr visit to tell family. DH thinks the 12 wk thing isn't important for friends too; I'm umming and ahhing... I've been lucky enough so far to have no m/s so it probably won't be obvious, but don't know if I can keep it a secret for another month and a half for friends!

With both the boys we told everyone straight away. Had good intentions of the 12wk wait thing with Lach but didn't happen rofl.

Love

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12