Thread: Who gets to be Jack:dunno:

motherduck Guest

Default Who gets to be Jack:dunno:

Just having a winge you don't need to reply to this thread
    When have wanted a baby Jack since we were PG with #2 instead we had our DD Cassie who is loved by all.
    Now we are going to have twins, we have found out that twin B is a boy but twin A won't let us see. So we are having our Jack.
    Named after DH's grandfather there are no other grandsons, (to as they say carry on the family name) DH's sister has two bioy that are in thier late teens and the oldest out of them is fave first born and all that.
    The Inlaws are hoping we have two boys my delema is that if this is so then I feel the one we call Jack will be spoiled rotten and the other one may get over looked a bit.
    So I told DH that Twin B should be called Jack even if Twin A is a boy aswell that way the oldest has a better chance of not being left out and because I already refer to him as Jack.
    I also feel the other twin Is a girl (at the moment nicknamed Jill ) which means Jack will automaticly be the fave.
    Jean

oh I can so see what you are saying. That would be pretty hard to try & counteract with family pressures too.

Maybe if Twin A is a boy as well have Jack as his middle name? Or some form of like Jacob...

It will be hard for everyone to try & not choose favourites. Especially with twins.

I would find a name that means Jack for twin A if it is another boy.

If this were a serious concern of mine I would name both boys (if they were both boys) something else and have Jack as both their middle names.

It's a tough situation but I've seen it myself in twins (one being favoured over the other) and it is a terrible thing to see.

Just my humble opinion though, good luck, I hope you find a solution that you and dh are happy with!

I like that Idea Willow.
    The more I think about it the more I think if its both boys then Jack shoul dbe their middle names or not used at all.