Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XMAS HAM - yes or no?

Default XMAS HAM - yes or no?

Hi there,

Just wanting to see what people think about eating the lovely xmas ham off the bone that we all live on around this time......
    Yes or No ?
    I'm hoping for a yes but of course don't want to take any chances.....

Hey Jupiter

I've heard yes...but make sure it's hot.

My plan is to serve it up for our family for Christmas lunch (cold) and then zap mine in the microwave before eating it!

Congratulations on your pregnancy Monnie !! and thanks for your reply. Sounds like a good idea..

Oh I had seafood, but it was cooked & hot, prawns etc!!! MMMMMMM

Ok what do we suggest for a cold christmas lunch - cant eat the chicken cant eat the ham .. so does that mean salad only ..

Oh...thanks Shannon...would heating it up in the oven be better then?

No dont eat salad....... You can have a slice of bread!!!! hee hee

sorry just kidding!!!

Hey thats cool - it is pretty much what its like hahahahahaha isnt it...

I cant wait for a foot long italian BMT Subway (salami, pepperoni, ham)- mm with old english cheese and bacon added .. toasted of course....

OMG I WANT ONE NOW................. ...

Oh What - What Is Wrong With Soft Serve Icecream

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Shannon...

I agree about using common sense...you obviously don't want to put the baby at risk, but tipping over into hysteria can't be helpful either...

isnt soft serve sposed to be ground cows hooves..... seriously....

hey Gill, Ive never heard of that heheheheheh ...

Yeah I must admit when preg with Indah DH brought home a huge leg of ham from work all sealed up & for the next 2 days I ate it, cold, fried like bacon etc....

MMMM, in bali where I like for the first 25ish wks of my first preg I never saw a Dr, had any idea about foods to avoid etc, except for the old wives tales in bali etc...

I ate seafood, I ate from the carts & ate whatever whenever, stuff typical tourists wouldnt touch not even being preg... I did a motorbike tour all around the Island at 18 wks for 5 days staright on a motorbike...

It wasnt til I arrived back in Aust I was given all this info on stuff & my OB, literally told me that it was all abit OTT & common senmse is best!!!

There are just some things that are too tempting!

So I will have the ham that Dh brings home but once it's been open 2 days I tend to steer clear of it, unless we do cook it up!!!

Shannon- yeah trust me to get sucked in... either way euwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......

Cool

I've only ordered a small ham that will do us for a couple of days, and have 2 fridges, one of which is so cold it almost freezes things. That's where the ham will live after I bake it

My ob also said that all the listeriosis stuff was OTT and that I definitely should eat christmas ham!!!! I haven't bought one this year, but I was going to microwave the cold chicken and ham at our christmas party - so long as you microwave it till its piping hot it should be fine - also, its better to use a medium setting rather than a high setting and heat it for longer - that way the food gets heated right through to the middle.

pholmes Guest

Gee, I didnt even think about ham. DH has been telling me no seafood, bummer. He did a delilvery to Westfields at Chatswood and someone pulled up in a small truck, unrefridgerated with fish etc rolling around on the floor, not even in ice. Apparently they just picked it up put it in tubs and delivered it to this really clean, well presented shop. Scary! As far as the ham goes its great on the BBQ, I love leg ham on the BBQ so maybe thats what I'll do with mine. YUM!

I'm avoiding the ham this year. Every year I gorge on it, it is so yummy. This year I think I cna hold out for little one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast