Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your age cut off for falling???

I can't believe how quickly this does become an issue! One minute I was 25 and had all the time in the world and now I am 30 and suddenly there is an egg timer on me! I am TTC #1 and ideally would like to have 3 bubbies by the time I am 35. I really wouldn't like to go past that age if possible.
    Karen

My mum had all 5 of us by the time she was 31. I always said that i'd like to have my whole family complete by the time I'm 30. I turned 27 two weeks before Madeline was born and DH & I wanted 2-3 years age difference between Maddy and any sibling.

So I guess if I fall pregnant when I'm 29-30, that'll make Maddy almost 3 (min.) when her brother/sister is born. I think I would be quite happy to have a little pair; coming from a large family, 2 kids would be just right for us! *L*

This is something that i have been thinking about a lot lately.
    I always thought that I wanted my family completed around the time I was 30 - so just over 2 years to go. Then in the last year or two,I've thought that I've got plenty of time, at least another good 10 years in me!

But, lately I find myself thinking not about my cut off age, but my DD's cut off age. DD will be 7 in November, and I honestly don't know how many years of an age gap I am willing to have??

If this was to be our 3rd child, I would have no problem with a big age gap, because DD would already have a sibling, but that's not the way it is unfortunately!

So... in summary..I'm not really sure? :smt102

Nic

mooshie Guest

nic

i wouldn't worry too much about your dd's age. my girlfriend's son was 9yrs old when she had her 2nd child, their can be quite a few advantages to having a big gap. she works from home and her son is just soooooooooo fantastic with his sister when my girlfriend is busy and has deadlines to meet. he is also great in teaching his little sister all sorts of things. i think everyone just learns to adapt no matter what the age difference is.

My XBIL had a sister around his age and then 2 older siblings that were roughly around 10 years older. So they had 2 children and 10 years later had another 2... not sure what the rationale was behind that. As far as I know there weren't any medical reasons behind it. But he thought it was great anyway.

Well - I had planned on having babies from around 31-32. But, the best laid plans of mice and men we are still trying to get No 1. Heading toward 35 at the end of the year and I would still like 3 babies. I guess now I am looking at the logistics of that and that it would take me close to 40 :shock: Not at all what I was planning. I think we will take it one ( ) baby at a time and see how it goes.

Mine was 35...if I didnt fall before then, then I knew it simply wasnt meant to be.

*phew*

Just made it.

sonsangel Guest

Originally my cut off was 30. I still think it will be if this bub is a girl.
    Alas, I may get clucky again in another 3 or 4 yrs time so my absolute cut off would be 35.

maggie Guest

HI

My DH and i started TTC when we were 30. yes we wanted to get our family over and done with

But hey, upstairs had other ideas for us, and we are lucky enough to be now 15weeks preg after 6 yrs of TTC : . i will be 36 when this baby is born, and i have been feeling wonderful. When we were TTC all these yrs, we NEVER had a cut off as we both wanted children so bad, we were going to keep going to achieve our dreams. After many IVF cycles this one was a natural conception, and we are over the moon. If WE are lucky enough to get to number 2 i will be appr 38 if it happens

To all of you lucky ones who were able to concieve at a young age, lucky you, but there are many of us who try when we are young and cant fall preg, and its not by choice . To have a cut off when you are facing infertility is very very hard. ](*,) ](*,)

Lea my parents had my sister in 1977 then me in 1979 and 5 years later had my sister in 1984 and my brother in 1985, sort of like your XBIL. The reasoning for them was that in between me & my younger sister mum was pregnant with a little boy who died at aroun 19/20wks.

As for my cutoff - I always said I wanted to have a baby by the time I was 25, funnily enough Zander arrived 13 days before my 26th birhday We're planning on at least another 2 if not another 3 or 4 (ie somewhere between 3 & 5 total) and I'd like to be finished by the time I'm 35, so I have another 8 years to go.

Maggie IKWYM about having a cutoff when facing infertility. My cutoff I just mentioned is only theoretical as it's quite possible we won't be able to conceive anymore children. I just desperatley wanted one so anymore is just a bonus

I had a cut off of 30, definately wanted to be finished but.... but number five is on his way and I'm 32, but there will be no number 6 lol
    1 DD at 22
    2 DD at 24
    3 DD at 28
    4 DD at 30
    5 DS at 32
    10 YEARS OF PREGNANCY LOL

I thought I would do marriage and children by 30, but I split with my XH when I was 26, but was very lucky to meet DP soon after, and had Jenna when I was 28. Now I'm pregnant again, and hopefully this one will come out OK when I'm 30.5.
    We were talking about waiting for a couple of years, and then reassessing, but realistically DP is 43, and has 3 children from a previous relationship (and they are nearly 22, 16 and 14) soI dont think its very fair to have a newborn at 50.
    We will probably stop having kids as a result of his age, not mine But my limit would have been 35.

We never really discussed a cut-off time for completing our family, more a cut-off for the number of children (we thought we'd have two about four years apart).

Having now had #1 and enjoying the whole experience so very much we are reconsidering the two and perhaps going to three or maybe even four (although less likely). Since I am 29 we still have plenty of time even with the four year age gap plan.

In our area, and in my mothers' group, it isn't unusual for some of the Mums to be over 40 so I wouldn't even mind if the last one snuck itself in around then. I apparently have fantastic ovaries, so I don't think my eggs will be as 'old' as they could be at that age (although they won't be as good as they are now), if that makes any sense.

Probably we'll be guided by how easy/hard the kid/s are!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123