Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your age cut off for falling???

Fire Fly Guest

Default Your age cut off for falling???

I wasnt to sure where i should put this question but im curious to know how many of you have an age cut off for haveing kids.

I had DD when i was 32 and we never planned on haveing any more than one. But we now have a 4 week old ( planned), which i am now 34.
    Ive always said and still do, say that 35 was my cut off for haveing kids.

Am i makeing sense? 8-[

kirsty Guest

You make total sense.

We always said we'd be done having our family by the time I was 33yrs & that makes my DH 40. So that works out to be December this year for me & January next year for DH, but as it is I am currently pg & hopefully all will go well this time around & this will be it for us.

Ooh Kerrie I will have to update your avatar

If we went on to have a 3rd (unlikely) my cut off is 32, so I still have 2 years left in case we change our minds.

Love

i used too.... cut off was 28 .... but i threw my cut off out the window when the urge to be a mum again out weighed everything else

i had my first bub when i was 20 totally planned clomid baby and my second when i was 23 also a clomid planned baby and that was going to be it ... but i guess you can never say never i turn 31 in a few weeks and bub #3 due in May but i am sure that this bub will be our last

I think for me it would have to be 40.

I am 34 now and hopefully we get pg again in the next few months so that one will be born when i am 35. We want to have 4 kids so it depends on what labour i have and how long we wait till we try again.

I had Kimberley when i was 31 and Alexander when i was 33.

Around 35. Lily was born when i was 18, we still have AGES to go. But I want 4 or 5 kids, so still plenty of time luckly!

Haven't really thought about this but I would say probably 36 would be it for us. DH and I are the same age. We haven't even managed #1 yet, but hopefully it happens soon. We would like to have two reasonably close together. I want 3, but DH isn't keen!

mooshie Guest

we have always wanted 3 children - original cut off was 30, then circumstances beyond our control increased it to 35 and now it is 38 :shock: considering i will be 38 in october if we don't get it right this month, i think we will reevaluate everything

We wanted to have our kids done by 35. (we are the same age) and we are 2 years off that and have our first.... better get cracking on the next one I think!

Kirsty77 Guest

My original cutoff was 30 but I'm 29 in september this year and we want 3 kids and only have one so far!So I guess my new cutoff would be 32 idealy but I realise things change and my body may have other ideas.

I never really thought about this, I did now I always wanted to start having kids before I turned 30, I was 29 when I had Nicholas. When Declan is born I will be 32, so I guess around, 35-36. :-k

Fire Fly Guest

Wow im glad i asked the question. Its very interesting to read what you all have in mind. Funny how things change though hey.

I would actually consider haveing more now but i dont think my body could handle it. Its surprising how much difference the two pregnancys have been and im sure its because of my age.

Thanks for all the replys.

DoubleK Guest

being 21 and pg with my first baby, i think its too early for me to decide on a cut off age!

while this baby was a surprise.. a totally welcomed one... i know i'd love to have at least 2 kids, who knows when #2 will be tho!

Rach

Mine would be 35. I will have just turned 30 when this bubs arrives. Then I would like maybe 1-2 year gap with the next. That will leave time incase we want another after that!

Lisa

Yeah hun, Im with you, 35 is my cut off, so I have to hurry the f*&k up!!

LOL

When I gave birth to DD on my 26th birthday, I planned to have another one (or two) by the time I was 30. I am now 34 and DD is begging for a little brother or sister!

Thanks to a divorce and the time it took to find a new (and wonderful!) DH, things got held up a bit, so I suppose it's going to have to be around 35-36!

Hi - I always had in my head that 35 was the cut off. I was 34 when Alex was conceived and that took almost a year. So I would have extended it, if he had not come along when he did.

Barb.

I had my first baby when I was 20... I am now 22 and am unsure what my cutoff age would be. I would like to have another baby by the time I am 25, and that would probably be my last one (according to DP anyway!)... however I can just see myself at 30 or 35 wanting another one as well... so its really hard for me to know!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast