Thread: how many birthday's have your snowbubs had?

Default how many birthday's have your snowbubs had?

I was driving home after FET today and on the four hour drive it occurred to me that if a pregnancy occurs from my little embie(now safely on board, as many fingers crossed as possible) that it will have already had two birthdays while it has been waiting for me and I got to thinking, how old are other embies that go on to a successful pg? and what is the oldest known period of storage for an embryo that went on to a succesful PG? does anybody know?

Last edited by blizz; February 12th, 2008 at 08:22 PM. Reason: grammar

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I have read of snowbabies who have been in the freezer for 10 years or more, which are then transferred and a successful pg has resulted. I think there was a couple in the US who had an embryo that was frozen 13 years which resulted in a successful pg and birth. I don't know if it's the longest on record or not, but that's pretty impressive all the same!

Twins in my class were frozen for 9 months as embies and their little sister who is actually a triplet waited 3 more years to defrost and she is a happy healthy 3 year old now.

that's kind of what I was hoping to hear, I guess I was starting to doubt my embies because it has taken so many more turns this time and I still haven't acheived a PG. I know I'm being impatient but I just started to wonder, Isn't IVF technology amazing!!!!

It never ceases to amaze me what they can do. Interestingly the mother of these girls said that none of her fresh transfers worked and frozen was better for her.

yes I have had the same experience to date Paige was my first FET as fresh didn't take

I have one left which I am to be meeting soon and it has just had it's 1st birthday. I was shocked when I realised that it has been 12mths since my pick-up this month.

Not long compared to some on here but it feel like it to me!

My Two frozen embies would be 3

well my 2 year old snowbub is officially on board and giving me all the symptoms I've been hoping for, I had a thought the other day that this bubba and Paige were actually concieved on the same day but born two years(well closer to three)apart isn't that a strange thought LOL!!!!

Good Luck