Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting after LTTTC #2

Default Parenting after LTTTC #2

Welcome to the Parenting after LTTTC general chatter thread.

Your Mods/Admin team for this area are:

Sarah_H - Admin

SeaChange - Moderator
    dusty - Moderator
    Lenny - Moderator

If you have any concerns within the thread please email/ PM any of the Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails & PM's are treated equally & confidentially).

Please see this post for Admin and Mod details.

Here's wishing each and every one of you, a happy and easy going parenting journey after a difficult ride to get there!

Congratulations...

Your last thread is here
    Last edited by Caramello; September 18th, 2009 at 10:29 PM.

OMG Monnie, what a scary time for you all So glad to hear that Felix is well and home and that you guys are heading off for holidays..

Holy Cow Monnie. how absolutely terrifying for you!!! So glad that little Felix is doing well now. DH had encephalitis about 2.5years ago with seizures also and I know how scary that was with an adult, let alone your own little one! I was considering a flu shot and wondered about one for Celeste but maybe I wont do it? Hmmm will have to ask about hers...

Marcellus, we have a smock type bib too but it's not long enough for her lap really.

Happy easter everyone.

Oh Monnie what a terrifying time for you all. I'm so relieved Felix is doing well now though. I hope you are having a wonderful time away for Easter.

Happy Easter to you all. I hope you are having fun with your families pigging out on chocolate lol.

Nice avvy Mako - is your DH a super stud or what?

Am also having second thoughts about the flu shot now too.

Sazz - I'm planning to sew some more... what colour would you like? Actually, a hood would be good too for the bits he puts in his hair ....I think it's just easier to strip him naked to eat really, just a pity it's getting cooler now.

Thanks Marcellus lol. I must remember to show DH how hot he looks hahaha...
    I'm also having 2nd thoughts about Sage's flu shot. I got the script the other day but haven't got it filled yet... Just wish I knew what to do

Another one here who was thinking of getting the flu shot and now am not so sure?

Mmm...Well, DH has mentioned twice in the last week about how gorgeous DS is and he thinks we would have a fantastic time bringing another bubba into our world! So many things to think about...once I get past the idea of another c/s that is! But the big one would have to be our clinic. The FS we were seeing, at their 'satellite' clinic is no longer in practice, so I think it would mean moving our embies to a closer clinic who we weren't really fussed about going with in the first place! Anyhoo...it's all just talk at the moment, but I suppose it is something we will have to think about one day...maybe

Hey guys

Felix had flu shot last year and was fine..but apparently this year's batch has caused more problems...on advice from medical staff, given what happened, we won't do it again!!!

Anyway..we're having great time away! Felix is loving getting dirty in his 'farm boots'

Thanks for all your best wishes..much appreciated!

Hope you guys had a great time Monnie.

Lol at your DH getting clucky Nic.

Little A has been standing alone more and more and has even taken a few (accidental) steps recently. Just back from the library with a flip-the-flap book on trucks... what fun!

Enjoy the long weekend everyone

Well, Thursday arvo he just up and started walking!
    Hope everyone is well

WOOHOO Go Mr A What a clever little boy youy are.
    Marcellus Let the fun begin lol. Its harder to keep Sage happy and content in his stroller now he's up and about. Oh and I can forget about trying to carry him anywhere now too lol.

We are going ok. Not alot happening atm. Although I went and had my WC and Flu shots and I decided to get Sage a Flu shot too and he's been fine. He was very funny at the time though. When the nurse gave him his needle he just looked at her and said "oohh" lol. He was more interested in eating his sultanas

Yeah, well, I don't think clever comes into it really
    Just hoping he'll wear himself out now and sleep. Met up with my mother's group this morning and he's been asleep nearly 2 hours now....ah, have probably just jinxed myself.
    Sultanas are pretty cool

Wonderful news Marcellus...it's so much fun watching them toddle about and really start to find their independence!

Sage is a good boy!!! Eating sultanas and chilling out with his vaccinations! WOW!

I headed off to my Ob. this week...looking at starting the process for No. 2.

So...it's back to follicle tracking, HSG's, etc. AHHHHH!!!

Brings back all those tough memories...although thankfully, having Felix does take the pressure off a bit! Would so love to have another baby...but will just have to see what happens, hey?

Ob/Gyn. was lovely though... he said "I'm really sorry you have to go through this again...wouldn't it be nice to just fall pregnant without having to do all of this"...

I so appreciated that!

Anyway...Felix is having a marathon sleep after his swimming lesson this morning...I think it's been 3 hours now!!!

Monnie I wish you all the best on your journey of ttc bub #2. How exciting for you but understand where you are coming from re the tough memories. I saw my Ob/Gyn back in March and also discussed bub #2 for us too. I need to get my but into gear and get some bloods done etc to work out where I'm at etc. Might be a little out of whack still as I'm still BF Sage. I have just found out that I can start taking Metformin again as soon as I'm ready as it won't affect Sage. I was worried about it coming through my milk but it won't cause him any harm apparently which is good news. I wasn't prepared to stop BF just so we could try for another bub iykwim.
    DH is very worried about ttc again due to my history of M/C and doesn't want us to go through another one as he told me it nearly "kills" him to see me suffer. We went through a "suprise" M/C only in Feb. We weren't trying for a bub but it just happened but sadly it was pretty much over before we knew about it So it is pretty obvious to us that I need to be back on the meds that helps our bubs stick.

Anyway Sorry for the long post. I just want to say that I hope bubba #2 isn't too far away for you guys

mako - sweetie, I'm so sorry about your recent loss. Really sorry for you and DH too. I can understand your hesitation.

Monnie - hope Felix is 100% again. That would have scared the life out of me. Best of luck with TTC - are you going straight onto clomid?

Marcellus - i'd love to see little Mr A! He is so close in age to DS and he has started 'walking' too. Not all the time. But more and more. It's so funny and he loves it. He can get his balance now midway through so he doesn't always fall into a heap anymore. He has dropped a day sleep and is sleeping for about 10/11 hours at night now. I seem to get less and less done!

Nic - how is DD? I hope that keeping a diary has shed some light on things. I can't believe she is 9 y/o already! A little lady already.

Sazz - Hi!

Ok, so we are TTC number 2 as well. Natural thaw cycle number 1 is underway. I'll let you all know, but we are very cautious with our feelings this time.

to you all, hope those little bubs are settling in and things are getting easier.

Awww Mako, so sorry for your loss. Wishing you the best - and it's great news that you can get back on the Metformin without weaning.
    Best of luck to Monnie & Lenny - fingers, toes etc all crossed for you. I soooo hope you only have to do one cycle.
    And do we have to do ALL those ******** tests again?
    I'm scared even of natural ttc to be honest, just remembering all the stressing and disappointments. So yeah, we all understand (unfortunately).
    Lenny - I'd love to meet little L too! What a shame we're on opposite sides of the country. A is LOVINg walking. he gets giddy and carried away sometimes and falls in a heap. But then he gets right back up again - I love him for it. Nothing seems to get him down.

Hi everyone.

Wow, it seems like we are all thinking of #2 (or 3) now. I'm not sure what we are doing now that we only have one frosty left. Probably going back soon though.

Best of luck to you Lenny and Monnie. I really hope you only have to do one horrible cycle each!!! Wouldnt that be amazing!!!

Oh Mako I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. You must have found it really hard when I was going on and on about my cycle!!! I feel just awful now.

Good work on the walking Aric!!! Celeste started last sunday so it must have been a good week for learning to walk. She just got up and did it too. I knew it was coming cause I saw her standing up without using furniture a week before. She was so pleased with herself and was practicing up and down over and over for at least an hour that first day! Now she is more than half-time walking. I think she will be pretty much full time walking within 2 weeks of starting!

Good boy Sage with the vaccinations!!! I'm thinking of getting Celeste and myself done too. Not fun but for a good cause. Must remember to take sultanas!!!

Hello everyone else!!! Funny how this thread has a big burst of activity and then we all go silent for days/weeks.

Hey Mako...I too am sorry for your loss...

You just have to wonder why it has to be so hard for some...

At least we all know we fought very hard to have our little ones...

I must admit, I'm really not looking forward the gamut of tests to come...it was hard the first time, but now trying to fit them in with a toddler seems a very tricky task indeed...and I sort of feel "I've done this already...surely I don't need to do it again!!! It's so invasive and rigid and 'unsponanteous'...

Oh well...I guess that's just the deal, hey? I still can't believe I'm one of the lucky ones to end up with a beautiful little boy...so I really can't complain!

Go Lenny Go!!! Hope it works out just wonderfully for you!

And well done Celeste...you go girl!

If anything, the constant chasing after a toddler is great exercise! And they just look so cute toddling!!! I love it (except the intense negotiations that happen now to try to get Felix into a pram, trolley, highchair, carseat!!!

Anyway...hope everyone else is doing well!

My DH is just back from an overseas work trip...so hoping things feel a little more normal in the next few days...my hat goes off to any single Mums out there...they are truly amazing!!!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast