Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #1 - 2009

Grub try not to worry too much on symptoms your body is changing every day.
    I found that my BB were only sore a week or so after my BFP and never hurt since.
    I truly believe that the trick in any persons pregnancy is to only worry about your only symptoms and try not getting caught up in how other people are feeling.
    As for MS never had any and neither did Nixon if I recall.

BG, looks like you have your action plan of the day in full swing
    All I did today was take June Bug's car seat out of the box to air it!!

As for Denial Land I think I'm still there with you!!
    In less than 2 months time bubs will be making themself heard from the outside....truly still amazed

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole S View Post

BG, looks like you have your action plan of the day in full swing
    All I did today was take June Bug's car seat out of the box to air it!!
    hun, if it weren't for the fact that i need to do a lot of this stuff while DH is home to look after me (as he puts it) - plus a lot of stuff is packed in places i can't get to, so i'm getting it done while DH is home (and there is only so many hours in a weekend - even a long one!

just talking to SIL - she is going to pick up Gremlins nicely ironed linen from mum's (go mum!) and bring it out so i can put her cot linen on - and after that, i'm taking more pics - then filling the cot with her teddy bears - OMG she has a HEAP of them already!

Hey BG. Nic and Grub, still just us in here. I made really good progress on my essay today so am allowing myself the special indulgence of jumping on the computer to read your posts. Ah, lovely long posts too. It was lovely reading your question lastnight Grub about what to buy and plan for and i told my DH about it. You'll be really jealous (well maybe) but I spoke to my sister today and asked if by any chance she has been putting away baby things for me from her last baby (3 years ago)...she sighed, exsasperated...ahh, just everything! her husband has been asking is it time yet??? (as in is it time that he can get back all the space in his garage filled with all the stuff they have saved for us). My sis has been telling him she will give it to us when we reach that magic 12 weeks that we are waiting for, but I got really inspired by your comments today about embracing it. So I'm not kidding, they have saved everything. We are bones of out butts broke living up here in paradise and studying. we sold our house, left our well paying jobs to live and work in the rainforest, invested everything in shares, hahahahahahah!! And we seriously love second hand, so we are just stoked. I know some people don't go for second hand and there are some things that we will treat ourselves to, but we have the whole change table and bath thing on wheels like you by the sounds BG and the rocking baby swing and walkers, pram, woohoo, I didn't even think of all that stuff either. I know you think you are broke in the defence force Grub, but seriously, when DH was Army and I was a park ranger that was the richest time of our lives. I can't wait til this PhD is finished and DH can earn some money, but if it means leaving here, I'll settle for being broke. Hope you make it back to FNQ Grub. We have looked at atherton as a possibility for a job.

the nappy issue, how complex is that? I just always thought I always wanted to go natural toweling no questions asked, but then there are all these pea pods and really easy to use things that aren't disposable and have all sorts of environmental benefits. DH thinks I'll quickly get sick of toweling nappies and he is a big fan of all the new types.

Well thanks for the sisterly advice, I will take on board a lot of the wish list and essentials too. I'm very into recycling, reusing and ethical buying so i'm a bit different to the rest of my family and it's great because most people know that we won't be filling our house with fischer price toys and my dad is building us a high chair! I love hand made and Fair Trade, supporting world vision everything and that has meaning. Not that I'm knocking anyone else's choices. It's all great fun and I can't wait.

Ha, the boobs. Well my symptoms were all form my drugs and pessaries I'm convinced of that (at first), but now real changes are happening and I've had no drugs for two weeks..ouchies, I will be forking out for the new soft models. lol

Gotta go, xoxo

Hey BG, Grub, murph and anyone else home over Easter

Im all into recycled furniture too, my whole house has been furnished in pine by ebay. My brother and SIL filled our house with there baby goods as soon as we had a house just took a few years to get out the shed. My DH is an accountant so i started shopping around early to get the best prices on the big ticket items i needed pram,cot set and car seats and put them on layby after 12 weeks. From then on we allowed for one item a week in our budget. I have managed to get some great bargains off ebay that i couldnt normally afford (a designer baby bag valued at 130 shipped to perth for 40 becasue lady didnt like it, brand new with tags).

As for my BB sore from about 6-8 weeks nothing since and still havent changed a size LOL, i also havent changed weight and have only needed elasticated waists in the last 2-3 weeks because my belly popped out..oh and i needed a dress for BIL wedding at 30 weeks. As for MS well thats been a constant for me since 8 weeks and still is!

We are on weekly checks now and having a scan this thursday because bubs was very small at 33weeks, 10th percentile, so we will see if hes getting fat yet! My DH Best friend had a 9lb 3oz this morning, his poor wife is tiny..im nearly 6ft and DH is 6"6!

Anyway have a great night.

Love Bee

mornin ladies

we were given heaps of stuff second hand when DH and i first started TTC which we put in storage - since then we've moved, and gone through a rather tortuous time (which i'm sure you all more than get) and having it stored in the house started to really get to me (seeing basinette all the time was damn hard) so DH and I ended up getting rid of them. spoke to my bro and SIL when a family friend found herself pregnant and broke at 17 - when she was finished with them, she offered them back but i asked her to pass them on to charity as i simply couldn't bear the idea of them being in the house again (and she was living with her parents so no storage room there). my SIL's SIL is now pregnant, and i'm copping some flack over getting rid of stuff, but i was reluctant to accept stuff way back when (we'd already had one miscarriage and it hurt at the time) so i just figured too bad, our house, our lack of storage, our pain. we'd kept boxes and bags of cot sheets and things, which i've now given back to SIL to give to her new SIL - they don't fit the boori cot anyway!

Murph - the nappy decision is a huge one - and one that, if you want to be properly set up for baby, one you need to consider now. most MCN stores online offer layby (i have a couple on at the moment) and yeah, as an initial outlay, it can seem like a lot - but what DH and I did was work out what disposables cost for a week (ball park), and decided we'd spend that much each week through pregnancy and have a decent stash by the time Gremlin arrives. i've gone a little over that amount but that was only because one big online store were having a clearance sale where i managed to save over 40% on heaps! i have also picked up extras like baby legs (google them - cute!), and some great clothes from the sales. the only things i've paid full price for are things made by Maz - but they aren't exxy - everything else i've found on sale over the course of this pregnancy! it's been awesome! can't wait til i finish prewashing them all so i can take a pic of my stash - soooo purddy! i have two layby's left to pick up of mcn's - and also want to get some traditional flat nappies for back up (and to use early on when bubba has black tar poos!) which i'll prolly layby at the local shops this week. jump in and read the cloth nappy threads, and feel free to PM me with any questions you might have!

to everyone else - a huge hi! not having a great day today - overdid things yesterday, and ended up in a lot of pelvic/back pain. i am definitely paying for it! feeling like we've achieved a lot though.

from yesterday's check list
    jobs for today - so that i can't avoid them!
    - dry towels = DONE
    - rewash nappies and pre wash last load of girlie nappies
    - set up rocker and swing (not important for us to have it done now, but they're being stored in a big plastic tub DH needs so that he can empty Gremlins wardrobe of 28 years of his accumulated stuff - gotta love moving into the house his folks built when he was 15!) = DONE
    - move open robe from our room and set up hammock = DONE
    - get mum to drop Gremlin linen off at bro's house so he can bring it out and SIL and I can put the cot together properly with linen tonight = DONE
    - cook roast dinner for bro and sil = DONE
    - make some meals for the freezer = DONE (14 meals in the freezer with more on the go now!)
    - REST! (this is the important one - and the one i forget most often! lol) = well, i went to bed early, does that count??
    also managed to set up the amby hammock, put the cot mattress on the higher rail, clean up a whole heap of stuff - and end up feeling like crap last night and again this morning. today is simple cooking (chooken flied lice for dinner) and might cook some vegie soup in the slow cooker depending on how energetic i'm feeling. DH will be doing the washing (i hope!)

tomorrow is OB appt - yay!

hi girls...

thanks BG for the m/s advice. i'm sure i don't actually want it, but it would be reassuring. lol. in saying that i did wake up nauseous today but have been taking ginger tablets for a few days cos of early sickness last week. so hopefuly those tablets are responsible for keeping most ms away. iykwim? not sure if that made sense. hey, that's good you are gettig so much help from the family. lap it up!
    good luck with the ob appointment tomorrow and the nappy feed back is great.

nicole s- i'll definitely try not to compare anymore! that's good advice.

hi murph and bec - i'm a bit in the same boat with 2nd hand. i know what you mean BG when you say you didn't want it in the house. i was starting to feel the same way. we already bought a cot and a pram - cot cos it was a good price and good condition and dh was all excited so we went with it (this was just afte we were married and naively thought i'd be UTD within a few months... hahhahhaaa). And we bought a pram designed for running and with all the bells and whistles, it was a $400 pram and we picked it up for $80, 1 yr old. so were happy with that.

Mruph you are lucky your sister could give you stuff, that takes the hassle out of it for you.

my parents want to buy "one of the big items'' for the nursery. and i think my in-laws will want to as well. so that'll take the pressure off.

we'd love to do cloth nappies but i'm going to chat to my 2 best friends - they've both got 6mth olds and one went cloth, the other disposable. so i figure i should get a pretty good perspective.

anyway this has taken me about an hour to write and in that time the nausea has gotten worse... uuuggghhh.

five weeks today! yay.
    ox

Hi girls. Wishing you all a happy Easter. Hope you've had a great long weekend!

Has anyone heard how QueenH is going?

Haven't seen any posts, wasn't she due earlier this month?

QueenH was due last Thursday so quite possible she's popped her bubbas out and is bonding with them as we speak! given it was twinnies she might have gone earlier than EDD - and is now trying to get her head around two new family members! hopefully she'll pop in soon and update us

my parents want to buy "one of the big items'' for the nursery. and i think my in-laws will want to as well. so that'll take the pressure off.
    i don't have IL's but my parents said from the outset they wanted to buy us one big ticket item - which they also did for bro and SIL when they had their first. as DH and I had done a lot of research about what we were going to get, and i didn't want to dictate what my folks spent, i asked them to get a new carseat for their car. my eldest niece is almost 9 and the car seat they had was used for my cousin's kids first, so i know it's past it's "use by" date. they were fine with that. i figured they could set the budget as it was for their car and i know they'd get something appropriate. only a few days later, a car seat went on special at target for 149 instead of 300 so they grabbed that and then said they'd paid heaps less than expected, so when a portacot i'd mentioned to mum i liked was on special, they got that for us as well

hi everyone,
    We're home
    Noah Mason born 8th April at 5.38pm, 7lb 9oz, 50cm long, after a long wait all day to go to theatre. The c/s was ok, and I wasn't nervous the entire day which I think definitely helped considering we waited in our room for 6 hours before being taken down. It was all very quick (taken from my room at 5pm and he was here 38 minutes later!) and painless but a very strange sensation to feel all that tugging and pulling. Seemed like they barely lay me down and someone told me that his bottom was out and then suddenly there he was above me before being whisked away to be checked by the paed. I had a cuddle for a few minutes before they decided to take him to special care as they were concerned he was working too hard at breathing. DH disappeared with him and I was there for another half an hour being stitched up and then another half an hour in recovery where I received the message that Noah was fine and he and DH were back in our room.

I was taken back the the room at 7pm where we had our first breastfeed. DH said Noah had been sucking his hands and trying to find a feed from him! So we had our first feed skin to skin and he latched on first go. We have since been having a few b/f problems, mainly because I had an elective c/s my milk has taken a while to come in so for 5 days I have been feeding 3 hourly and expressing after every feed to stimulate supply. Its been exhausting and painful, but I was told by the home visit nurse today that I can stop the expressing as I seem to have enough of a supply now.

Very surprised at the recovery from c/s. I thought it would be a lot more painful, but honestly I barely notice it now which makes life a bit more comfortable. Just have to be careful not to overdo it though which is hard when you feel ok. Not allowed to lift anything heavier than Noah which is fine by me. I don't want to do much else other than snuggle him these days anyway! As much as I hated the thought of having the c/s, we're now home and the end result is a beautiful little baby and we couldn't be happier. This is the end result we wanted more than anything, so that's all that matters.

I have put some photos on facebook for those on there, and I'll try and get around to uploading some on here soon.

Congrats Megan. So glad everything went ok for you and you sound like you have made peace with the whole C/S thing.

No change here, so 2 weeks and 4 days to go for us and we'll be heading down the same path as you. People keep saying - the baby still has time to turn around - but I just can't see it happening. My bub has been in the EXACT same position since 21 weeks and seems to be suitably comfortable.

I'm still struggling to get my head around the whole C/S thing. Ugh. I know I'll get over it, but why can't just one thing about this conception, pregnancy and birth go my way? Maybe this is a life lesson for me - I can't control everything and maybe this is happening for a reason that I don't yet understand.

[QUOTE=briggsy's girl;1744653]mornin ladies

we were given heaps of stuff second hand when DH and i first started TTC which we put in storage - since then we've moved, and gone through a rather tortuous time (which i'm sure you all more than get)

Hi BG, yes I certainly understand about the memories. I couldn't believe that some of your rellies would bring it up like that though, surely it was yours to give away. sorry if I seemed a bit insensitive.

I bet it's been fun doing all your homework and getting all those nice bargains. Not long now til you get to try them out hey? Good luck today with your OB appt.

Hi Megan, huge congrats on your not too eventful birth of Noah. Cute name. Thanks for sharing the story too, I am losing my fear of c/s through all these stories. Just one question, does it involve epidural? I'm only asking because my husband has the world's biggest phobia that he has transposed onto me since he had to help give them in pretty bad situations in africa (and he's not medically trained). We call it the e word, as it can't be spoken. any words of advice to get us through this?

Since I reached 9 weeks (3 whole days ago, I am soooo happy). I suppose because my friend lost her pg at 9 weeks and the day her m/c was confirmed, our first ever pg was confirmed, its been hard to be too confident. She is amazingly supportive and happy for us but it's been a psychological barrier that I am finally over and I'm just smiling all the time (and soooo ready for special cuddles again!) I also want to start nesting.

Good luck Megan, hope your first days as a mum are everything you dreamed.

Hmm, as I suspected, my quote box didn't work....sorry BG

Good afternoon girls,

Hope you had a good Easter break

Mine was really relaxing and I hit 8 weeks yesterday!

Megan - Congratulations on the arrival of Noah Glad all went well with your c/s. Ive had 2 laparotomies so a c/s doesnt faze me. I think the cut would be smaller! Enjoy your beautiful bubs

Hayley - I too am trying to get my head around all the things that you need to buy! My DP's sister wrote me out a list on Saturday actually and ticked off the things that she has for me which is good. Im also going to get second hand things as Ive heard its a big waste of money to buy all new things. Plus we need to buy a car and house before the baby arrives as well! She mentioned local baby markets are good too so Im going to suss them out.

to everyone else. Hope your doing well.

Take care,

Tania

Megan - congratulations on the birth of Noah! How wonderful. Wishing you lots of lovely bonding and cuddle time. And thank you for telling us what the C/S was like. I'm having one (I have had a couple of major spinal fusions so always knew I wouldn't be able to give birth naturally) and I am so nervous about it, so it was really nice to read your message. Very different to the nightmare stories I've generally been hearing!

I've been away from this post for a while, so it's been lovely to catch up on everyone's news.

BG - I am sorry to hear your rellies are giving you a hard time about giving stuff away. Sounds a bit insensitive. I hope you're ok

Muph- you are so excited!! that's fabulous. Good on you - you deserve to be.

I am agonising over what to buy too - so hard! We're lucky because between our parents they will buy some of the big things like pram, cots, car seats, bassinettes, etc. We were all set to do it ourselves (typically stubborn) but when we found out we were having twins it was a quick slide to accepting all the help offered to us!

I am in 2 minds about the nappies too. The environmental impact of disposable nappies disturbs me, but so does the huge amount of water and electricity that I'll use to wash cloth nappies. I have tried to read a few studies about what truly has a smaller footprint, but they seem to say it all works out even in the end, or else they are so obviously biased that it's hard to take it seriously.

My MIL is VERY pro-cloth nappies, my husband refuses to put 'poo' in the washing machine (and has in all seriousness raised the idea of buying ANOTHER WASHING MACHINE - to be used solely for nappies), and my own mum says I should do whatever is easiest for me because with twins I'll hardly have time to breathe, let alone wash 20 nappies a day !

We need to get a new car too, so it's all a bit overwhelming at times. I did spend some time working out some sums on the weekend though, and it looks like we will get the Baby Bonus after all, which will be a huge help.

What I am pleased about is that I can finally start to get excited now. After the OHSS which scared the life out of me, I just couldn't relax and didn't want to get my hopes up in case it all ended, but now that I'm into week 13 I feel like I can finally go nuts!

Anyhow, hello everyone else - hope you're all well.

Jen

congrats Megan! You've made me feel more reassured if I do end up having a cs.

Well as for me, I am officially in my 3rd trimester.... DH printed photos yesterday and in comparison my tummy was very small during 1st and 2nd trimester (although at the time I thought I was huge!) Having my diabetes test tomorrow and am so nervous.

BG - you are so well organised. I fretting at present because there are some many things I have not buy/done. Will have to screw my head on in the next couple of weeks to get everything done. My MIL is moving in with us (to help with the baby) and I haven't even got her bedroom sorted. DH has a total of 17 nephew and nieces and my MIL played a big part in raising them so I feel very much in good hands (not to mention she has 10 children, DH is the youngest). We get along so well so that is a real bonus.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter break.

hi kahlan, congrats on being on the home stretcht... i can't wait to be there and big kudos for moving the MIL in! you obviously get along great... personally i'd last a week then go nuts. lol. hey that already happens when they visit, not that i don't love them... just ... you know.

big congrats megan!!! how wonderful ... like the other girls i really found your story helpful as i dn't have a clue what's going to happen.

jen - you don't put the soiled nappy in the machine do you?? i thought you pop a little wipe or liner in the nappy, which catches the big stuff... you flush or throw that and then soak the nappies in a nappy bucket and napisan and then wash them after a good soak??? so dh doesn't have to worry! but i ain't no eistein in these things.. that is just what i thought happened.

hi nixon, glad you are getting more comfortable with the idea of a c/s. we haven't even thought that far ahead yet. like megan said, so long as the end result is a healthy bub that's really all that matters ultimately.

hi to BG, missmagpie, murph, nicole, kaydee and all the other girls just getting back online after the holiday.

AFM: i had a dizzy/faintness spell for a few hours around lunch today. i iddn't have my morning snack so not sure if that was it but felt very unwell. fortunatlely i mostly work at my desk but still it wsn't pleasant. boss gave me an hour early mark which I used for an hour-long nap. Put the slow cooker on this morning and what a good move.. fed sick hubby and tired wife and now i can just kick back.

been checking the toot religious while in the loo but still have the all clear. i really am just trying to accept everything will be okay and not worry so much.

oxoxo

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast