Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #1 - 2009

Default Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #1 - 2009

Welcome to the Pregnancy after Long Term TTC forum. Finally you have gotten over one big hurdle - pregnancy after long term trying to conceive! Pregnancy that follows can often be very nerve-racking or may involve more monitoring than other pregnancies. Discuss your experiences and thoughts here.

If you have any concerns within the thread please email/ PM any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails & PM's are treated equally & confidentially) :-

Sarah_H - Admin
    sushee Senior Moderator
    gargy Moderator
    dusty Moderator

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Pregnancy Articles.
    Your last thread can be found HERE.

Here's wishing each and every one of you, a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Congratulations...

Hi Ladies -

First time I have been first in a new thread and of course I don't remember enough about the pages I just read to comment

Have been checking regularly but don't find the time to post after reading everyone's progress.

Welcome to the new ladies and great to hear that everyone else is travelling well.

AFM - feeling bubs move quiet often which brings a smile to my face everytime. MS is still around but I just try and ignore it most of the time although I did have to run out of a meeting in my office today. Project nursery is taking shape and feeling less overwhelmed with every trip to Baby Bunting !

Take care and have a great weekend everyone,
    LNB

Thanks Dusty, there sure will be some bubs born in this new thread!!

Just jumping aboard this new thread ladies, looks like I finally caught a bit of a cold which I have been ducking for weeks
    At this stage haven't taken anything as it is only a runny nose and my left ear is a little soar..but I don't think there is much I can take so I will ride it out over the weekend.

Have a great weekend ladies...

Just jumping into the new thread also - finished work yesterday and they totally spoilt me. Count down is on now until this baby arrives!

Belly rubs to all.

Janie xxx

i will know for sure if i am joining you in 6 days and counting, but doing test on tue when pregnyl is out of my system.

hope to give you all the good news soon.

Hi again,
    another curly one for you girls if you don't mind. Do you remember/know when you can DTD once you're pg? It's too late cos I've done it (sorry for tmi) but got a fair bit of fresh red blood about an hour later. Now of course feeling pretty worried but thought I remembered reading somewhere that it's all a bit sensitive and that bleeding is okay...god I hope so. we were never told anything about when to do it or not and now feeling ripped off

Hope you have some good news for me cos right now not sure if I still have baby or babies on board and not feeling crash hot.

Thanks

Murph - there isn't any real reason to NOT DTD unless you've been advised by your doctors due to recurrent miscarriage issues. the cervix forms a protective plug, and unless you're having very hard/violent sex your embryo is going to be very well protected in there. the cervix has a larger volume of blood pumping through it (everything down there does!) so you can sometimes bruise and the bruises will actually bleed kwim?

i've not abstained during the pg, as petrified as i was a the start - i just wanted to feel normal after everything we've been through - we just made sure to be a little bit more careful to make sure not to go at things too hard - DH was really good and if i say to be gentle, he changes what is happening so as not to make me uncomfy.

FWIW - i've heard that orgasm causes the uterus to contract a little and give the baby a "cuddle" - so i think we're just teaching our gremlin about affection from a really young age!! and the increased blood flow means O is more intense most of the time so it's the most enjoyable time to dtd!

Hey Briggsys Girl,
    cool, thanks for making me smile I think I'll put those new fears to rest now. I've been reading around the net but you can be as careful as you want and still not guarantee a smooth ride. I agree with you, I just felt so good to feel normal, which you don't get when you're packed with pessaries half your life.

I'll put myself and the computer to bed now. Thanks again.

Hi girls
    Just jumping aboard the new thread too. Have my first OB appt tomorrow, so looking forward to that. Just waiting to get to the 12 week mark to relax... at least somewhat.
    Hope you're all well.
    Jen

PALTTTC Hot Mama's to be:
    Queenh----09.04.2009---- It's a ....?----# 1 & 2
    Bee83----06.05.2009----It's a Boy ----# 1
    Nixon----09.05.2009----It's a Surprise---- # 1
    Briggsy's Girl----31.05.2009----It's a Girl----#1
    LuckyStrike----03.06.2009----It's a ...?----# 1
    NicoleS----03.06.2009----It's a Surprise----# 1
    Mon----12.06.2009----It's a Boy & a Girl----# 1 & 2
    Bel----02.07.2009----It's a Boy & a Girl----# 1 & 2
    LNB----05.07.2009----It's a ....?---# 1
    Kahlan----17.07.2009----It's a Girl---# 1
    Alloy----26.07.2009----It's a ....?---# 1
    Farmgirl77----17.08.2009----It's a boy---# 1
    Kaydee78----21.08.2009----It's a ....?---# 2 & 3
    Rach81----22.08.2009----It's a ....?---# 1
    Mel77----30.08.2009----It's a Boy---# 1
    Jen34----01.09.2009----It's a ....?---# 1
    Rara----04.09.2009----It's a ....?---# 1
    21andTTC#1----14.09.2009----It's a ....?---# 1
    BabyMiracles----02.10.2009----It's a ....?---# 1
    Neptune----15.10.2009----It's a ....?---# 1
    JenC77----16.10.2009----It's a ....?---# 1 & 2
    Diamond----16.10.2009----It's a ....?---# 1
    KellyD----24.10.2009----It's a ....?---# 1
    Murph01----06.11.2009----It's a ....?---# 1
    Miss Magpie----20.11.2009----It's a ....?---# 1
    Lalitearns----??.??.2009----It's a ....?---# ?
    Grub17----13.12.2009----It's a ....?---# 1

Our thoughts and prayers go to those whose beautiful mothers who's precious babies have been taken too soon

Much loved & wanted daughter of Hippy Mum & Hippy Dad, Georgia Ariela taken too early from this earth 12-03-09 @ 22wk 6d
    Much loved and wanted son of Chez67 & her DH, Ryan Patrick, born sleeping 17-03-09 @ 18wk 1d

Congratulations the lovely ladies who spent their pregnancy in this thread always ready with useful advice or a shoulder to cry on.
    Welcome to the world precious babies of Scooby, Numa, Butterfly Warrior, Miss C, Devon, Tiggerlinda, Janie71 & Megan.
    Last edited by Nixon; April 14th, 2009 at 05:28 AM.

hi girls
    I've been following everyone's progress and there have been some great updates in here!!
    Just a quickie from me, I've been feeling like there's some movement from bubs over the last week (but couldn't be sure if it was just a gurgly tummy) then last night I'm certain I got confirmation - I had 3 distinct tap-tap-tap in the one spot on my right side. It actually kind of freaked me out, but was also very exciting!
    Only 3.5 weeks to go unti l19 week scan - yippee!!!
    Hope you're all well.
    Mels xx

Hi Girls

Hope everyone is doing well.

TL & Janie: It is so close now, I'm sure you can't wait to meet your little miracles.

AFM: Well this m/s stuff is really getting me down. No vomiting still but suffering from everything else... Severe nausea, dizzyness and fainting, constipation and indigestion at 2am in the morning. Went to my GP today to see if there was anything that I can take to get me through my days at work. My Dr prescribed me 4 weeks off work with lots of rest and taking care of myself. Contacted work (where I have only been for 4 weeks) and they were great and instead of taking 4 weeks off work, I'm taking this week off to try and get some rest and then from next week they are going to let me reduce my hours from 12pm - 8.15pm to 4pm - 8.15pm as I feel worst between 10am and 4pm each day. They are also going to allow me to have rest breaks whenever I need them as well. Hopefully this works out to be a good option for me as even though I will only get paid part time hours, it is better than not getting paid at all.

So plenty of sleep for me this week and hopefully our little bubble starts to play nicely very soon..

you poor thing Kelly,

I had a total of 4 weeks during my first trimester (both sick leave and annual leave). I don't know how I could have gone on at work if I didn't have this.

Mels, isn't it fantastic to feel the baby. I started to feel the baby (maybe the placenta) as early as 14 weeks but it is only in the last month I have been feeling the baby without having to be on my back or pressing my hand on my tummy. I feel her when I wake up and often in the afternoon when I am at my desk at work. My little girl becomes highly agitated when she hears loud music. Even having experienced the kicks for quite sometime now I still smile everytime they occur.

On a different note, I am having trouble finding out what has happened to HM because I can't locate her blog. Could someone fill me in? Thanks.

Belly rubs to all.

Kahlan, here is HM's latest blog entry - unfortunately her little girl has passed away

Thanks BG, that is so sad....

HM, if you are reading I am so very sorry for your loss... life is so unfair....

Morning all,

Sorry for the few and far between posts. Trying to stay as horizontal as possible with my legs raised and some days trying to type just annoys me in that position! Am still in hospital. All is going well here. Started steroids yesterday and am feeling good about that. Little ones still think they are circus performers, so am often laughing at my tummy. Babies are above average weight which is fantastic seeing as thought they will be premmie. OB is still trying to get me to 36 weeks, so that is just over 11 weeks ago now. Not sure if my body will behave, but 36 weeks would be fantastic.

Nic- Can you add me to the list of due dates...officially due 2nd July with 1 boy, 1 girl. BTW..you are doing a great job with the list. Maybe you could make a trip to the Gold Coast to help with all my lists!!

Thanks for your support as always. Means the world to me.

Sorry for no personals..breakfast is coming. Got to love hospital routines!!

Hugs to all

Bel
    xx

Sorry Bel - I must have made a typo and Bel became Bee. Fixed now though. Glad things are going well, it must be a bit of a nightmare having to be in hospital all that time, but obviously anyone of us would do it in a heartbeat for our babies. I hope the time passes quickly for you and before you know it you are at or past 36 weeks.

Thanks Nic..I thought when I saw Bee..what a coincidence is that? Someone else due on the same day with twins and the same sex!! My pg mind didn't think it could have been me!!! Not too bad here in hospital. I feel really reassured and safe here and have someone 24 hours to annoy and ask questions!!! And I get to hear these two 3 times a day!!
    Hugs xxx

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast