Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #1 - 2009

Good morning everyone,
    it was great to read all the updates. Thanks Nixon for adding me to your list, I got a bit of a thrill. I don't know if it's one or two but most likely one. i havent had morning sickness and my hcg tests haven't been overly high apparently. I'm not wishing for twins, but it is still a surprise to find out.

I haven't been feeling great since the "special cuddle" incident (as Greenslw described it!), still a bit on edge and will ask for another blood test at the docs tomorrow. I'm only going for accupuncture but it's at a clinic so will ask to see if my levels are rising. How often do you get it done in these early stages?

KellyD, I'm following closely in your footsteps but hoping that I don't get your symptoms. It's 6 weeks and 1 day today and the dreaded symptoms I've been warned about should start soon if they are going to. Lastnight had a very strange night with fluttering tummy for hours so not sure if I'm working myself up with anxiety or starting symptoms. BBs have a mind (and post code) of their own!

JenC, I hope your OB appointment went well.

Bel, you poor bugger,so much hospital food! I hope everything is going well for you in there and you get safely past that 36 week mark.

So many to mention, but will send you all lots of luck and wishes and talk soon.

Murph- Don't beat yourself up about the "special cuddle" incident. Most couples have "special cuddles" when pg. I think that if you are really worried, then definitely go have a BT just to ease you mind. You'll be fine though. As for the hospital food....hmmmm it's getting shall we say "interesting!!" Thank goodness for my sissy who works 5 mins away and a good husband!!

Hugs Bel
    xx

Hi Bel- hang in there...you are doing so well...and the weeks are counting down!

hi everyone else...thinking of you

Hello,
    Finally got some time and energy to drop in and do more than just read!

Kelly - sorry to hear about your MS - but that is great that your work is being so understanding and giving you the time that you need - must be a huge relief!

Bel - glad that the twins are still up to there usual tricks and that you are getting the very best care for the three of you. Hang in there and hope the time to 36 weeks does not drag too long.

Murph - hope you are feeling better and that your blood tests are all ok. Good luck!

AFM - spent O/N in Wodonga hospital after I fainted in the shops and then in emergency my heart did some strange beats. Turns out to be nothing and more importantly Tex is ok - they go a midwife over to check his/her heart beat out - which was great of them. Feeling tired (not much rest in hospital - I don know how you do it Bel), and have been told to take week off work to rest up a bit...which means that I'll work from home and take naps when I need to - I call it a compromise - DH calls me stupid!

Have booked in for your 20 week scan, and I think we are going to find out the sex. DH thinks it is a boy, I want it to be a boy (but will love a girl) so we figure we had better find out in case it is a girl and we need time to get our heads around it. Started buying stuff for the nursery - got to love ebay! Got our pram and a cradle - now just trawling for a cot and change table!

Wishing everyone well.
    FG

Good afternoon girls

I got my first BFP on Friday so am VERY new to the thread but am really ecstatic to be here

My HCG level was 171 on Friday which I was told was good and my estimated due date is 20 November. I have to book a 6 week scan sometime after 30 March. Just waiting for a letter from the clinic to confirm all the details.

Have also started a "pregnancy diet" so hoping I can stick to that! My eating habits werent the greatest prior to falling pg, they werent bad but not fantastic either!

Look forward to joining your group and following everyone's progress.

Hope everyone is travelling well.

Cheers,

Tania

P.S. KellyD, thanks for your well wishes and sorry to hear about your M/S. I ended up getting a "belated" birthday present

and Congrats on your BFP Tania!!

FG, was wondering how you were going....and what a scare you have had! Glad to hear that you are ok and little Tex is growing nice and strong.
    Take it easy and make you get lots of rest.

to all.
    I have been lurking over the past few days but have been home sick with a head cold
    Anway off to have another snooze before DH comes homes.
    Take care all

Hi all

Well, we had our first ob appt yesterday, and had the unexpected joy of another u/s. Wasn't expecting it at all, but because of the OHSS, he wanted to have a good look around.

Anyhow, we saw our little twin beans and heard their heartbeats for the very first time. It brought tears to my eyes. So amazing. They're progressing well. About 2cm each, and heartbeats around the 160bpm mark. So all looking good.

I'm not on modified bed rest, which means I can do about 4 hours of work per day, from home preferably. After 5 weeks of lying in bed, it's quite nice to have something to do, although my first day back at work yesterday was a total shock to the system and exhausting.

I'm having to look into my income protection policy, as I have now used up every single leave entitlement I have, and can't really get by on no money, as i'm sure you can all understand.

Anyhow, welcome Miss Magpie!. Wishing you a happy and healthy preg
    Hope you're feeling better farmgirl - fainting and ending up in hosp sounds scary.
    KellyD - hope you're ok. It sounds like you have a great employer. Take the time you need to rest. It's really important.
    Mel - yay! I can't wait to feel the first movement. How exciting.
    Nixon - I have a revised due date - 16 Oct.
    Bel - glad things are going well. Hang in there.
    Everyone else - hi, belly rubs, and hope you're all well.

Jen

Just back from my midwife appt and looks like buddy is now breech. He was head down for about 5 weeks and last week there was a day where his movements and tumbles were very strong and almost painful, so I would say that's when he turned again. I have to have a scan on Monday to confirm his position and if he is breech I will see the midwife next day to work out the plan of where to go from there. If he's breech looks like I will be booked in for a c/s and he could be here in just over 2 weeks.
    As much as I want a natural birth, I feel ok about this. I just want him here safely.

Megan - I recall hearing that acupuncture can sometimes turn a baby around. I'd make certain to go to an acupuncturist that has experience with pregnancies - but I know that they are often a big help (I know first hand of someone who had her morning sickness "cured" via acupuncture).

Hi Everyone

I wanted to make sure you are aware of the discussion in this thread: http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/long...y-net-ivf.html - it's very important.

Megan - my baby is franks breech. Has been since 21 weeks. Bum well and truely wedged in my pelvis and feet up around the ears. The Ob reckons we have until 35 weeks until we start talking C/S and then we'll see how we go. I have heard stories of babies turning at 39 weeks etc. I have started acupuncture in an attempt to assist the turning. Next visit I am going to ask for instruction on using moxa (do it yourself at home).

I was very upset when I was told I would possibly have to have a C/s. Stats I have read say that at 33 weeks there is only a 5% chance that baby will still be in breech. At full term there is only a 3 - 4% chance baby will still be in breech.

I was desperate for a natural birth (calm birth lessons still came in handy when I was trying to calm myself - I'm so scared of the thought of a caesarean), but have since come round to the thinking that I don't care how my baby gets here as long as he/she is healthy. I'd rather have a planned C/s than hope the baby will turn and have to have an emergency C/s because I went into labout while busbs was still breech.

Anyway. Good luck. I hope buddy gets a sense of direction soon. If my baby has inherited my sense of direction we are definitely in trouble!!

Nic, that must be what it is! My sense of direction isn't that great either! lol
    I started to get quite upset about it last night. I don't even think it was because I may not get the calmbirth I wanted, but just the unknown of it all. I wont know for certain what position he is in until Monday by which time I will be 36w4d and if he is then I have one day to make the decision to try and have him turned at Monash on the Wednesday. I have been trying to find someone to do acupuncture. I'll have to do some ringing around. Most say it's most successful before 34wks.
    I have had all pregnancy to prepare myself for the birth and now this! Definitely not prepared for this.

yep - all the visualisation of how you see the birth unfolding kinda goes up in smoke. I am also the type of person who needs to have things booked/organised well in advance in order to feel in control. My Ob wouldn't really give me an answer as to chances that the baby will turn etc. DH says don't worry about it, but he doesn't quite understand that I need some time to be ok with a c/s.

I reckon you could still use the calm birth techniques to visualise the C/s and start making peace with that as a possibilty now rather than stressing til Monday about 'will it/won't it'. The essense of calm bith was that you know what you need to do to birth your baby - I think that can be extended to include a c/s if that is what is going to be the best and safest way.

Go back to the relaxation tapes, but this time with c/s as a possibility. Not to say you totally exclude natural, but opening you subconcious to another possibility and allowing yourself to get to a place where no matter what happens you will be calm and in a positive space for your little babe.

I guess what I'm saying is - I think your concern is more about the unknown rather than fear of the C/s. So embrace the unknown and have faith that you can make what ever happens the most positive wornderful experience. Be ready for everything and anything and know that in the end - just think of that little wiggling, kicking, streching, punching buddy in your arms - nothing else really matters, does it?

X

PS: I also started looking at the dates of our possible C/s and checking out the meaning of the day if any, famous people born on that day and any tragic things that would stop me from choosing that day for the planned c/s. Made me feel a bit better. You know, that if I had to I could tell my baby why I chose that day and about any special people also born on that day.

Funny thing is.....I did my calm birth course when I was 16 week. When you did your calm birth course, did you try and visualise/ask the baby a date that the baby would be born? It was one of the exercises we were asked to do. The date I got was 31 - obviously there are only 30 days in April so i thought it might mean I would go into labour on the 30th and give birth on the 1st of May.

If I go in for a c/s the best option would be the 30th or the 1st - that will put me at 39 weeks. Trying not to read too much into it, but it would be very weird if that's the way it turned out.

Hi Girls

Miss M: Welcome to the pg thread after your belated BFP. I had faith that you would be joining me.

Megan: How scary for you to now have to deal with the c/s option as you wanted a natural birth. But as you said so long as the baby arrives safely that is the most important. You are probably in a spin thinking he may be here so soon.

Jen: Yay on the ob appt and the scan. I have my ob appt next Thursday and can't wait to see if he will do a scan as well. I'll be 1 day short of 10 weeks so am hoping to see something resembling a baby in there..

Nicole S: Take care of yourself, there are lots of bugs around at the moment.

FG: Wow what a scare you had, at least everything was o.k. How exciting to being so close to finding out if Tex is a boy or girl. I'm definately going to find out as I'm too organised and impatient to wait and see.

Bel: Good to hear that you precious ones are still playing nicely and growing and getting stronger, role on 36 weeks.

AFM: Still not feeling 100%, but not having the stress of work certainly helps. I think the dizzyness is the worst and probably to having to eat every 2 hours. I have no appetite for anything but if I don't eat my blood sugar levels drop and Ifeel crap. It's so hard to make food when the thought just turns my stomach. I think this one definately takes after DH as it is so impatient to eat and it seems it is feeding off me pretty well. After eating so much over the last couple of weeks I weighed myself this morning and have lost 1.7kg since the transfer. Oh, just thought I would let you know that I think work is being supportive as I work for a Government Dept, so they have to make sure that they do everything possible to help.

Quick one for all th girls with morning sickness......

Can't remember who it was, but I remember right back at the beginning someone mentioned 'Fruit Tingles' the lifesaver lollies.

Althought I didn't get m/s as such I did get the occasional bout of vom-vom feelings if I hadn't eaten. The fruit tingles worked a treat - probably just a sugar rush, but thought I'd let you all know.

Thanks Nixon

I might give that a try. Have done the lollypop thing and it is just too much sugar. I generally have a sweet tooth but can't handle too much sugar these days.

Like Nic, I too did not suffer from any 'real' MS but when I was feeling off I found a piece of apple did the trick.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast