1234513 ...

thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #1 - 2009

BellyBelly Member

Jan 2006
    Coburg -Melbourne

HI ladies, have not posted in here because just to much terror and heartache has gone along with this pg but have been lurking as know a few of you from LTAC threads.
    Just had to post for Nixon and Megan re their breech babies.
    a) don't give up hope that they won't turn - it can happen even at the last minute so consider NOT booking a c/s and just wait to see what position they are in at onset of labour. Things are not going to happen so fast that you can't just get a c/s at that time
    b) Do try the acupuncture and Moxa - it works wonders for some
    c) there are quite a few exercises, tips etc to get babies to turn - try googling or look into the pg/labour section of BB
    d) Why not consider vaginal birth?
    My DS was breech from about 26weeks - never, ever moved from then onwards. I tried EVERYTHING I had ever read to turn him although was not keen at all on trying the medical "manipulation" - to many risks. Stubborn little fellow had no intention of ever budging so by 35weeks i gave up on the idea of turning and started to look into just having him vaginal breech. I had done the calmbirth course and was dead set against c/s unless absolutely necessary.
    My OB (who was also my FS) at the time would not agree to do vaginal breech birth so I looked around and found one who would. Swapped Dr's and hospitals at 35weeks and gave birth to DS at 39+2 wks - vaginal breech,no drugs, no complications. Was up and about within an hr myself and DS just sported a very bruised bottom.
    There are some extra risks in a breech birth but not to the levels that some OBs scare you into thinking. My OB had fairly strict criteria re the birth but I trusted him totally and in the end he said it was a far easier birth than a few 'head first' ones he had done in the previous days.
    Criteria included: - NO epidural - you must be able to push
    baby must be frank breech ie bum ( not feet) down
    baby must not be estimated to be over 4kgs at term
    most likely would have episiotomy - which I did but wasn't an issue
    labour must occur spontaneously - no induction drugs

Anyway, sorry for the long post but might be something to think about. PM me if you have any more questions.

Jul 2006
    Canberra

Sad news

Hi everyone

Just a quick post from me as I am not really up to much at the moment. Just got home from the hospital. Our beautiful and much longed for little baby boy, Ryan Patrick, was stillborn at 7:50pm last night aged 18wks 1 day.

We have had a very tough last week and both DH and I are hiding from the world at the moment. I will try to get up the strength a final post in the next week or so.

Take care all
    xx

Jul 2008
    Sydney

Oh Chez my darlin'. I'm so so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that you and DH can take strength from each other to get you through this terrible time. Please know we are here if you need anything.

x

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

Cheryl i'm so very very sorry babe - i just don't have the words to express

huge hugs to you and your DH on the loss of your precious Ryan Patrick

Aug 2008
    Melbourne

Chez67 - I am so sorry and saddened to hear this - my thoughts are with you and your DH.

Feb 2008
    Melbourne

Cheryl - I am heartbroken for you and your DH. My thoughts are with you both and your precious Ryan Patrick. We are here for you when you are ready.

Janie xxx

Nov 2004
    Melbourne VIC

Chez, I am so so sorry.

Apr 2007
    in lactation land

Love and hugs Cheryl I am so sorry for your loss. It is just so so unfair. Ryan Patrick was a much longed for and loved child. xx

Mar 2008
    mid north coast, nsw

Cheryl- I am so so sorry to hear this. Sending my very best to you and your DH. Bless little Ryan Patrick

Mar 2007
    Sydney

Oh No Chez, I am so truly sorry for the loss of your precious Ryan Patrick

Sep 2008
    Sydney

Sorry girls just dropping in to make you aware of this thread - we need to do something otherwise the Safety net will be taken away from us.

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...y-net-ivf.html

Oct 2008
    Melbourne

Chez - so desparately sorry for your loss. I don't have any words - I'm just so, so sorry.

Oct 2008
    Melbourne

Cheryl - I am so sorry for your loss. You and DH are in my thoughts and prayers.
    LNB

Jan 2008
    Gold Coast

Cheryl I am so terribly sorry and heartbroken for you and DH for the loss of your son. Look after each other and your hearts. Thinking of you and hoping you find the strength together to get this this devastating time. You are in my thoughts and heart xx

Aug 2008
    Melbourne

Please make sure you check out this thread - as the safety net issue could impact ANYONE seeking IVF (one of the things being considered is excluding IVF from the safety net full stop). This is so important to those of use to hope to join this thread one day - and also for those who are pregnant but may need IVF for future babies. We can't let the government take IVF out of the safety net. I have never written a letter to a government official before, but this is just too important to leave it up to others - the government needs to hear from as many people as possible.

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...y-net-ivf.html

Oct 2008
    Melbourne

Chez, Im so sorry to hear of your loss. Please take care.

Jan 2006
    Sydney

Chez - I am so sorry for your loss of your darling Ryan Patrick.
    My thoughts are with you..

Sep 2006
    Beaudesert, QLD

so sorry chez

1234513 ...