Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - August 2005 #2

Sal Guest

Amy, good luck tomorrow (am sure you don't need it though). Pls post piccies of your bub once you get them!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Amy,

can't wait for the new pics of bubby when you get them tomorrow. Glad you're going in early so that your mind will be at ease and you can relax over the weekend.

Jo, had my house done last week, and of course the stoopid pest control guy arrived at 7am instead of 9am like he said he would and began to spray outside the house with me still in it! Suffice to say I was not happy and couldn't leave to go to my mum's like I'd planned. I wore a hanky round the bottom half of my face like some renegade cowboy and sulked at DH for most of the morning for hiring a pest control guy that can't tell the time.

Heehee

love
    sushee

Amy - looking forward to hearing your news when you get home. Hope everything goes really well.

Jo - love the ticker. What a beautiful cat he was.

Sal - the hammock is an interesting idea. I haven't actually seen one (but then again I'm hardly an expert on baby stuff). I've started hanging around on EBay to see what I can get second hand. Just getting a feel for it at the moment.

Had almost all of this week off (bar Wednesday) as I've been sick. Only four more weeks and my body should have adjusted to the hormones. The flat has gone to rack and ruin but DH is helping as best he can. I never thought I'd see the day when I didn't give a fig about the state of the place but Lordy, it's here. I may as well get used to it because I've been informed that you don't get much done with a new baby around.

Hope you are all well and going along nicely.

Love,

Mel

Mel,

My house is pretty ordinary too. I usually get home, eat (if I don't feel too sick) then crash by 8.30pm - in my work clothes, usually. DH has been trying to manage with the house and kids, but without mum's iron fist, they are playing silly buggers with him, like taking off to bed and leaving him the washing up to do, or washing their clothes and leaving it wet and tangled in the washing machine.

What they don't know is that my patience is fast running thin with them, and this weekend, mum will be home and will have the whip out. I don't really care about the mess, but I care that poor DH is being run ragged by the little bludgers.

Amy, waiting patiently for the new piccies.

love
    sushee

Just got back from our scan - everything is perfect! Sorry no piccies this time, I didn't ask just ran out of there to ring DH and tell him the good news. I have to go back on Tuesday for our original NT scan as she couldn't do it today. But bubba was bouncing all over the place, could hardly get a heart rate as was so busy!!! HR came in at 150 bpm so all good. It was so amazing, I saw its spine and she did a femur measurement which put me at 13w2d, but I'm sticking with my original dates as I think bubba just has long legs!

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes, was very nervous when I went in but you can't wipe the smile off my face now!!

Will do personals later.

xx

Amy that is fantastic news! I just went to dry my hair while I was waiting for your post. As I'm drying I'm thinking "I'll bet Amy has posted by the time I get back to the computer" and you had! Hope this sets your mind at rest and you can have a relaxing weekend.

Sush - I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a messy place. I'll bet DH is missing your usual firm hand with the kids too. Sounds like you're coming back though, better than ever and just in time for the weekend.

Talk soon guys. Got to go and do some little chores.

Love,

Mel

Yay Amy!

I forgive you for no piccies, but only coz you were so excited and also because you have another scan on Tues.

But will expect piccies on Tues. Hopefully will have some of my own too!

love
    sushee

Thanks Guys - you're the best! hehe.

It worked out great in the end because DH couldn't be there today so he gets to see baby on Tuesday.

Oooo Sush can't wait to see piccies of your wee precious bundle! And yes I'll definitely be demanding a picture on Tuesday.

Take care everyone.

Sal Guest

Amy, what great news! And you get to see bub again next week, too! Piccies mandatory for that scan (and also for you too, Sush).

Mel/Sush, I have been letting the house go to rack and ruin for some time..I look forward to having a proper excuse to be so slovenly! As we have moved to Bris and have no family/friends here, we get visitors rarely...:gossip: I only clean the house for the visitors!

You poor girls, getting bad m/s. I now realise that I was one of those sickening lucky women who don't get m/s or symptoms (after all those weeks of tortuous worry I figure it's my turn to gloat a bit hee hee).

YAY Amy I am glad that you got to see your little one!!!

tiggy Guest

Yay Amy!!!!! So glad to hear that everything is fine!!!!!

Mel, Huh! You should see the state of my home! Sush, can totally relate to DH being run ragged by the kids and trying to keep the house too. I'm pretty lucky, he puts in a stellar effort but it gets to him and me when the kids are over the top and lazy with their chores just because I'm tired!!!

Just thought I'd let you all know that I think I have my wayward antenatal care back on track, after much crying , wailing and gnashing of teeth, a scan of Bean and Sprout and a lot of reassurance, I'm feeling quite light and breezy, with stress levels at an all time low for this little (large) preggy lady!!

Amy - what great news \/ I'm so pleased that all is well!

Mel - Yep Sarma was a handsome chap. I heard a rumour the other night that there may be some kitten pics in a couple of days and we have a EDD for them as well LOL!

sush - My termite man insisted that I went away....he wanted to be safe and sure. He is a very nice man, comes out from Chirnside Park in Melb, whereever that is to the country.

Tif - Glad that everything is back on track!

Housework?? Yes the place goes to rack and ruin for several months after a baby comes along. I think from memory I just did the very basics. I did promise myself that next time we would get a cleaner in for a few months.......don't think thats what is going to happen. Atm, I have to do everything that I want done in the morning as I'm far too tired in the afternoon, and just slob about and play with Jack.

Just popping by to check that all is well with Amy's wee bundle - and WOOHOO, sounds as though he/she is coming along very well!

Gee I miss you guys....

Hi there, I haven’t posted in here for a while but with good reason!.....take a seat......my baby has arrived!

(I have just copied from the Birth announcements rather than re-write
    On Friday night (19.8.05) I went into an early labour and gave birth to our beautiful daughter on Sunday 21.8.05 at 7.25 am via emergency c-section.

Kyla Maree Kathryn was born at 28 weeks and 6 days and weighed 1.445kg (3lb 1oz).

It was a pretty scary experience. I started spotting on Friday night (19.8.05) and was cramping all night. Sat morning I discovered that I was bleeding quite heavily and so went into knox private where they gave me some medication in an attempt to stop contractions. Unfortunately this didn’t work, so I was sent via ambulance to the Royal womens.
    I laboured all through Saturday and after ultra sound and profuse bleeding they discovered that I had a low lying placenta that had abrupted. I was 8 cm dilated but bubs couldn’t get out as the placenta was in the way. For some reason, I had never been alerted about the placenta and the doctor was also not advised. Had he tried to break my waters our little girl would have died. Luckily he decided to do an emergency c-section as my blood pressure was only 90/60 - I was put under general anesthetic and it took only a few minutes for Kyla to arrive.

She was sent straight to NICU but is doing really well. She is off C pap and should be on full feeds tonight at 12pm. She’s a beautiful little trooper.

So to you girls with NICU babies – I’m sure I’ll be speaking with you soon!

Carrie ~ Congrats on the scary but safe arrival of your daughter hope you are both doing well you will be in my prayers [-o<

tiggy Guest

Carrie,
    Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful little girl, Kyla!
    Hope you are both doing ok.

Sal Guest

Carrie, firstly a huge CONGRATS on having a gorgeous daughter! Wow, that must have been very scary for you, thank goodness your doc found out about the placenta before disaster struck. Funny that it wasn't picked up before. How fantastic for you!! It feels like just yesterday that you announced your BFP after your very first IVF attempt.

:happy4u:

Carrie - WOW!! Congrats on the arrival of your little girl! Must have been a very scarey time for you! Glad to hear that you are doing ok, please keep us all informed.

My dad was born three months early and only weighed 3 lbs, that was over 60 years ago!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast