Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - August 2005 #2

Wow Carrie, that is fantastic! CONGRATULATIONS!

Carrie,

Congratulations! I'm shocked and very happy for you that the little one is hanging in there. She must really be a toughie. Thinking of you all in the days ahead. I hope she goes from strength to strength.

Love,

Mel

Carrie, big congrats to you on the birth of your beautiful daughter.
    I'm sure all will be well.

My DD was born at 33 weeks, weighing 1.53kg (3,6) and here she is colouring next to me as I write.
    It's a bit hairy but they are real troopers.

Tam - that's good news about your little girl. I didn't know she had also been premature. It is truly amazing how well those little ones do these days ... the special care units are fantastic.

My little brother was premature (this was 30 years ago) due to placental insufficiency so was 4lbs at birth. I posted his story once in the prem babies forum. You wouldn't know it to look at him today.

Hope all you ladies are going along nicely. I'm having some V8 juice at the moment and it's going down a treat. I think I've found something I like.

Talk to you all during the week.

Love,

Mel

Thanks everyone for your congrats. It's always so reassuring to hear other stories of prems that have done really well. The NICU is covered with photos and stories. Kyla was born a really good weight for her gestation and I can't stop thanking God that we have been so lucky. She came off her drip last night and is now having only mummies milk (fed through an oral tube). I went in today and they had dressed her for the first time in a cute little dress with a frill on the bottom - it looked like a doll's dress. Also I got to do a Kangaroo cuddle (skin to skin contact cuddle) and changed her nappy for the first time. So it was a great day.
    I hate leaving her though!!

Hope everyone else is well.

Carrie - OMG I am in shock but happy for you all at the same time. I am glad that she is strong.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Congratulations Carrie on the surprise arrival of Kyla. She sounds like a brave little fighter! My ex-SIL has her DD at 29 weeks and her DD is now 11 and taller than my 11yo!

love
    sushee

Cant wait to see piccies of Kyla, Carrie. So glad you got the chance for a kanga-cuddle, bet you just about fell to pieces! Sounds as though she is a real champ of a bubs.

Blue Sky Guest

Hi everyone

Do you mind if I pull up a pew & join you? It doesn't seem real but we got the official BFP today (I keep crying when I write that - what a sook).

Already I have a question! How do I work out how far along I am? I had 2 x 8 cell embies transferred on the 13/8. I got 2 different stories from 2 different nurses today. One nurse said 4 weeks, another said 6.

Hope you're all doing well.
    Cheers

Blue YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!

The nurses told me it is from the date of your last menstrual period, so count the first day of that full bleeding as day one. From there, you can work out how many weeks you are.

We seem to be a month behind each other. My transfer was 13/07 (LMP 24/06) and my due date is 04/04 if that is any help to you.

So exciting to see people moving over here all the time. Keen, I'm keeping that seat warm!

I go to meet my obstetrician today. It all still seems slightly unreal to me still so be prepared for this Blue!

Sal Guest

Blue, a huge WELCOME and CONGRATS to you! Yay!

Well, I looked up my preg book for you, seems if you had 8 cells put back on the 13th, then the "official" LMP for you was 28 July so I think your EDD is 4 May.

Trish, I hope you're joining us tomorrow! :luck:

Blue we had transfer the same day and my clinic has told me my EDD is 04/05/06 ( i love writing that ) so i would imagine it is the same

Hey Carrie - you need to change your ticker now

Blue & Shazz, would you like your details added?

tiggy Guest

WELCOME AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

BLUE and SHAZZ!!!

WOW!! What a great way to start the day! Fabulous news Blue & Shazz, it's brilliant to have you both in here now!! Yay I look forward to sharing the next 8 months with you.

Carrie - Wow! Congratulations to you, what a scary yet amazing time for you. Sounds like you have a wonderful wee girl - I am so stoked for you and your DH. She will only go from strength to strength.

Well we had our NT scan today, I have posted the new scan picture on my www for you. Baby looks a little alien but a very cute alien!! We could still see the foetal pole from our second little embie, it actually made me quite sad however the important thing is that bubs is growing and everything is perfect.

Can't wait to hear how you got on Sush and Keen with your appt today.

Take care everyone!

tiggy Guest

AWWWW Amy,

What a cute pic of your little alien!!!!!

Congrats and so glad that everything is going well for you.

I can understand your sadness over your other little bub. Hang in there, this bub will always have a twin, you know that and it will be a very special part of you forever.

I just wanted to pop in and say
    "CONGRATULATIONS" to Blue you clever girl.
    :bellyrub:
    Bec

Sal Guest

Shazz, a big welcome to you, too!

Amy, your alien is very cute indeed! That is quite a clear pic of her (yes, still getting girl vibes from you).

Fingers crossed Sush that your scan went very well too.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast