Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy AFter Long Term TTC Chatter - May/June 2005

Thank you Sal - feeling really apprehensive....

But I guess you just never know.... It feels really weird going into an exam knowing that I have to aim for at least 80% in order to secure a pass.... Under normal circumstances, that would be a distinction effort at least ](*,)

Best of luck with your exams, don't study too hard, remember to rest... (yeah, I know Mum...)

Only two more days and you are 8 weeks....

TamB - good luck for the U/S today. Thinking of you at this stressful time.

Best of luck Gab. Does the fact that you have done it before help?? Were you able to concentrate more on areas you felt weaker in the first time round, or is this a case of starting from scratch??

Sal, we have Adobe Photoshop (notloaded on this computer) so I'll give it a go.

Hayseed

Hi Guys,

Sal and Gab - good luck with your exams. Sal, just checked out your photos, you spunk you!

Tam B - hope everything went well with the u/s.

Hayseed - looking forward to seeing your pictures when you get around to it.

Sal (again) - my sister has started work so I've had trouble getting hold of her. Will try again tonight.

Hi All

Just wanted to update you LTTTC girls on my status. U/S was yesterday and we are pleased to announce that we are having TWINS!!!! Both are very healthy. I have set up a website if you wish to take a peek at the twins.

belmarks Guest

Wow Tam CONGRATULATIONS!! Hope all goes well for you both and the twins!!

I have nothing really to report today, have an OB appointment this morning, hopefully everything will be fine.

I spoke at our IVF clinic's fertility seminar last night, it was really nerve wracking, but Im glad I did it! I just spoke about our journey and everything we had been through, but tried not to get too bogged down with the pitfalls, because most of the people there were just embarking on IVF and I didn't want them all to run for the hills. It was good to see so many people there though, well, good in a reassuring sort of way, that people are actually considering going down the IVF route, as much as it was hard, we are glad we did it.

Sal Guest

Thanks Mel!

Tam's a cutie - and check out her flat tum!

tiggy Guest

Hi Sal,
    My EDD is 5/2/06 but know that bubs will be born around the 36 week mark, all going well.

My prog level was 112 and my hcg was 1490, so looking good so far.

I'm so scared though and don't want to get my hopes up.

Sal Guest

Those numbers are great, Tiff. So your EDD puts you in Feb, but at 36 weeks that means you're in Jan, so you should join us in the Jan pg buddies thread!

I can't even imagine how scared you are (my fears are all based on the pure unknown, I have no experience of loss), but once you get to the 12w mark hopefully you can enjoy your pg more.

When will your first u/s be?

tiggy Guest

Sal,

I have my first U/S on the 23rd of June. The doctor wanted to make it sooner but I couldn't cope with being on the boarderline gestation for a positive heart beat. I have to be sure that it will be long enough for the heartbeat to be there. Does that make sense?

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Tiff - it does to me - :hbeat: loud and strong it will be by then

Trish

tiggy Guest

Thanks Trish!

Awww, congrats Tam

Tam -

Fantastic pics and it's great that you're having twins. Hope everything keeps going well for you.

Love,

Mel

Sal Guest

Tiff, I know what you mean exactly! When I realised that the furthest along I could possibly be for my u/s appt date was 6w0d then I was so worried that they wouldn't find a heartbeat and I'd of course be beside myself even though it is touch and go to see one anyway. I guess the downside of your approach is that you have to wait a little longer to see the little heartbeat!

Hey, I'm 8w today (and don't feel pg at all). Phew. Have an OBS appt for June 28 (my first one ever) but am dithering over whether I'll actually go to it. Decisions, decisions. Am staying with my parents and have had some 'discussions' over my strong ideas of what I want in my labour and also about going private or public. Needless to say, now I'm less sure of my pigheaded stance. *sigh*

belmarks Guest

Hi Sal, what about your DP? What do they think about the private/public debate?

Sal
    Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner. I saw that friend on saturday night but just before arriving at the dinner I found out that yet anothr one of the girls going was pg and I forgot all about asking her. About your labour plan I just say be open minded, the friend I was going to ask about the OB thing, was very set on having a natural birth, no drugs no drs etc. She would not waiver one bit, then she went into labour with her 10lb 5oz babe and it was impossible for her to not have a c/s. Because she had been so adement all along she was devastated and it was not at all a happy experience. She also got awful mastitis and was unable to breastfeed for some time. She admits that had she not been so set in her ways that the arrival of her little man would have been less traumatic for her.
    Just a thought... 8-[

Sal Guest

Hi Bel, my DP is fine with me going public, actually I can't really think of a good reason to go private. I think I talked my mum around (she thought that since I have private cover why would I consider anything else). I believe that I'll get just as good care and no big bills. My sis had her third child and as part of her 'private package' the paed drops by and looks at the bub, regardless of whether the bub needs it (hers didn't). All very nice, but then the bill arrives later. Grrr plus the way the private OBS have all rorted the Medicare safety net system by making women pay up front for their care - my sis didn't even have an OBS at the birth but she paid for it all the same!

Shez, thanks for trying, it's hard to pin someone down to pick their brains in a party situation! I have strong views, but am realistic...if the bubs is breach then a c/s it will be, I will be fine with that. I just have my ideas of what I think the birth could be like but accept that once in labour I could be screaming for an epidural and forceps!!

Shezabelle,

I have a friend that was determined to not have drugs & have a very natural birth, she had made out numerous lists & plans etc, She did hypnobirthing/breathing/relaxation etc classes so she wouldn't neede any intervention...

She went into labour & the placenta had begun breaking down & so she was rushed intoi theatre & had an emergency C/Sect, she was & still is devastated..

I did say at the time that she should just be prepared for anything....

She suffered from PND for a long time & actually resented her son because as she put it "She had planned & prepared perfectly for the birth, why did 'he' stuff it up!?"

She is fine now & very good Mother, but says she will never have a baby again, as it showed her she is no good when she doesn't have total control of something!?

She actually calls me & others mad for wanting more than 1!!!???
    I try to steer clear of her!!! 8-[

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast