Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - June 2008

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - June 2008

If you have any concerns within the thread please email/ PM any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails & PM's are treated equally & confidentially) :-

Sarah_H - Admin
    sushee
    Slyder

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Pregnancy Articles.

Here's wishing each and every one of you, a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Congratulations...

Congratulations Tracey!! I'm sorry to hear you've had a hard time - well done to you though! You should feel proud of yourself. And it's lovely to hear you talk about your little boy. I'm also glad to hear how much help your DH has been - hope he's not going back to work too soon. Those first few weeks are hard, but it does get better. Take all the rest you can get - and that goes for everyone else too

Lismith, hope you and babe are doing well

BW - all the best fo today

Hi to everyone else - hpoe you're all travelling well

Thanks, Marcellus.

I'm back from the appointment, and overloaded with information! I go back in about 5 weeks and get to have two scans (a dating scan - not sure why I need one!) and the nuchal scan (not entirely sure I want it!) before then. At least I'll have regular reassurance that things are ok.

9 weeks tomorrow, and getting past yesterday means we got past the point where we lost the first baby... I think it's all starting to sink in!

BW

Big congrats TL - sorry you had a bit of a rough time. I hope you are all home and settling in and having a wonderful time getting to know your little one.

Pleased to hear that it's sinking in BW, and you will have a few things to keep you occupied with over the next few weeks.

Arielle, Nic...hope you guys are well, and waiting to hear exciting news shortly!!!

Tracey - Huge congrats on the birth of your bubba! So glad to hear all is well with him, and hope you are healing well too. Isn't it lovely to see our DH fuss over us and the new little person in our lives.

BW - I was thinking about you today and was wondering how your appointment went. So very glad to hear all is well with you and your little parasite (have you thought of a different name? I think it is fitting considering parasites suck on and don't let go) WOW at being 9 weeks tomorrow. It seems to be flying by, but I'm sure it probably doesn't feel that way for you...

Arielle, how are you going?

Me - not a lot happening. Finally about over the cold..YAY! Feet have started to swell up, not nice at all either! Had our hospital appointment and I walked away even more scared of my c/s now. We asked about DH cutting the cord, and the midwife told DH to follow the paed. and ask him, along with telling the midwife in theatre of our wish. Filled out heaps of paperwork, and got our bounty bag (which DD is calling my 'show bag' LOL) Midwife gave DH some paperwork all about the c/s, what will happen with me, him and bub. They will put bub into special care for about 2 hours to check his breathing and then he will be allowed out after that if his breathing is all well. makes if feel like it will be even longer before I get to hold him.
    We can also have photo's taken. It says we can have pics taken of the birth! DH thinks they mean the actual c/s, and I think it would be pics of bub on the table while being checked and first hugs with DH etc... Either way, DH has decided that it will not be happening, he wants pretty, clean photo's back in the room.

Anyway, must go and quickly check out the rest of the forums... will drop back later.. hope you are all well

Nic

BW congrats on a wonderful scan and happy 9 weeks tomorrow too.

TL congratulations on the safe arrival of Jett.Your hubby sounds so sweet. I hope you are recovering well now too.

Nic Try not to worry too much about the c/s hun.I also had one with Sage and TBH it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be Just think about that gorgeous little boy that you'll be holding in your arms very soon.

A quick update on us.Sage is doing well. He's 7 and a half months now. He melts my heart every day. He has the cutest little giggle and the loudest sqeal when he's excited lol. He has started saying bub,boo and mum all in this past week. I had him weighed today and he is now 7.19kg. He has put on a whopping 800 grams over the past 3 weeks which is the most he's ever put on lol. He is starting to wear some size 00 clothes. Not bad since the size 00000 were a bit big on him when he was born lol.
    He also loves going to his swimming lessons too. His Nan brings him to my work each Thursday for his lesson lol.

Hi to you all. Hope you are doing ok.

Hi Girls
    Ive finally got around to posting in here and it terrifies me as i do it !! But i am almost 8 weeks and had two scans already (dont ask) But my fertility centre said good bye the other day and gave me the "we dont need to see you any more" didnt know whether to be happy or sad. The "all day" nausea had well and truly kicked in and is very different to what i had with DS and sooooooo tired i forgot how crappy you feel these first few weeks.
    BW: so glad everything is going well for you, although i havent been posting ive been lurking and following your progress. We have to be happy about every milestone we reach!!!
    Nic: good luck it is very scary those last few weeks i remember them well just take it easy and try to enjoy!
    Hi to all the other ladies in here hopefully i will get to stay around awhile and meet you all !!!

Hey guys

I continue to lurk a little...and just wanted to come in and say congratulations!

Lissmith...such wonderful news about little Emma! So thrilled for you! Hope you are having a wonderful time being a new Mummy and enjoying your precious little girl! Like people said to me...'they grow fast'...so just enjoy each little stage (the good, bad and ugly!!!)

Tracey...YAYAY! Congratulations on Jett! You sound fantastic despite things being hard at the hospital! I, like you, was really disappointed with our hospital stay...they also did very little to help...so it was wonderful getting home. You sound like you are totally in love with your beautiful little boy! Just gorgeous!

BW...9 weeks! So fantastic! Glad to hear that things are going well. Things are looking great! Can't wait to continue hearing the good news!

Scooby...welcome! Wonderful news! Hang in there! Just enjoy each wonderful day and with each week know that the anxiety decreases and the joy increases (along with the belly!)

Mako...so lovely to hear about Sage. Sounds like he is absolutely thriving! No wonder with a Mummy like Mako!

Nic...I also had a c/s. I was scared (especially because I really needed to go to the toilet before they started...had to delay the c/s whilst I 'cleared my bowels'...talk about pressure!!!). Anyway, like Mako said, it was better than I expected. Yep...you can take pictures of the actual c/s (actually one of the nurses took photos for us). DH got to cut the cord, so that was great too! I was in recovery for only 20 minutes before I got to go back to the room and have a cuddle...although I did get a cuddle when Felix was very first born (whilst I was on the table!)...so you may find that you get to hold your little one sooner than you expect. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want!!! The worse than can say is 'no'...I wish I had been a bit more vocal (but as it ended up, it all went fine!)

Do a search for tips about c/s on BB...I started a thread before I had mine and found so many of the posts so helpful!!! You'll be fine!

Lenny...hope things are going fantastically with Liam!

Marcellus...how you guys doing?

Arielle...hope you are doing well!

Hope I haven't missed anyone! I know I have...especially some of the new mummies...sorry! Oh! Just remembered...Ltl Panda...you doing okay? Kimbe?

As for us...we're doing well...although I've been pretty sick. Got the dreaded flu and then a few days later had my first bout of mastitis. MAN!!! Felt like a double dose of the flu...but I'm on the mend now and doing so much better.

Felix is just being too gorgeous! He's 10 months next week...just an absolute delight. Crawling, standing (with support) and cruising the furniture. He's just getting funnier and funnier by the day! Loves playing peek-a-boo games, hiding behind the furniture and then popping his little head out! All very cute! Can't believe we need to start planning for his first birthday!!!

Okay...well...better go...hope everyone is doing well!

Take care.

Monnie + Felix

Hi everyone! How are we all?

Lis - have been thinking of you and hoping all's going great with Emma. Hope you're healing up well too.

TL - Hope all's well with you and your gorgeous lil' man too.

BW - congrats on getting past the 9wk mark. It must be a relief!! Not long now 'til you're on school hols I'm guessing. Time to put your feet up and enjoy being pg I hope.

Lenny, marcellus, Mako and Monnie - so nice of you all to pop in. I can't believe how old your bubs are already. Time is absolutely FLYING!! I hope you're loving being Mummy's. I can't wait to join you v.v.soon!

Scooby - a big welcome to you, and congrats on your pg. Hope that m/s is giving you a break. Just noticed your "paranoid," mood. Hoping you're ok!

Nic - how you doing?? Not long now 'til you're on hols. Yippee! ENJOY won't you.

Shannon - how's your belly coming along?

Hi also to those I've missed. Hope the week is treating you well thus far.

Me? 3 days 'til EDD, and all is well. Absolutely NO signs of anything happening whatsoever, so I am guessing I will well and truly go over. Baby seems to be in no rush at all. Must take after Dh. LOL!!
    Keep thinking that I should get started on the super hot curries, long walks, nipple stims, DTD, etc.... but have been rather lazy. I'm actually pretty happy here at home just enjoying my last few days of peace. Next week, may be a different story if nothing has happened. I think then I will go see my accupuncturist to help give things a wriggle on.
    Anyways, stay tuned...... shall let you know how things are progressing.
    Take care y'all.
    Arielle
    xo

Hey Arielle, all is well here. I have started to get bad heartburn again in the last couple of days for some reason? Just have to remember to keep taking my meds for it.
    Hoping the curries, and walks help out with your bubbas arrival.

Nic

Hi Ladies

Arielle how exciting not long left now! We eagerly await your news Belly is starting to expand rather rapidly at the moment!

Welcome Scooby and Congrats that is fantastic!

BW - Glad your appointment went well and you have jumped that 9 week hurdle! Do we have a new name yet? Or is it still parasite?

Nic - Lol at your show bag! Not long left now for you, your DD must be getting very excited.

Hi to everyone i missed! We have had so many new mummy's lately we are going to have to do some recruiting!

Everythings going well here babies are mostly behaving causing me a little bit of grief last night and this morning, and heartburn has become my latest pregnancy accessory!

Shan

Hi girls
    Glad to see some posts in here i was wondering if i should be posting somewhere else?
    Thank you all for the welcome
    Dont know if it helps but with DS i had shocking heartburn and use to take liquid gaviscon it was the only thing that would settle it (oh and sleeping on 2 pillows)
    Arielle: i tried everyting with DS curry, nipples, rasberry leaf tea, walking, driving over speedbumps (funny i know but worked for DMum) ENded up being induced when DS was showing no interest at all of being here (to comfy inside you know boys )
    Me: still hangin in there been so nauseaus no vomiting but just feel sick all the time although its such a reassuring thing that i almost dont mind!
    Monnie: yes a tad paranoid will be to at least 12 weeks ive had 1 MC and 1 ectopic and although i know this isnt an ectopic im still so nervous, hence no ticker yet. I go see the ob next monday so hopefully another scan and i will start to feel abit more settled.
    Well good luck girls most of you seem to be almost there, so exciting that you get to meet your little ones soooo soon
    BW: hope your going ok havent heard form you for awhile

I'm mostly ok, Scooby. Heading into nuttiness because it's been about a week since my last scan, and I'm still waiting until Tuesday for the next one. I thought my OB was mad for making me have two scans between the first and second appointment, but I'm loving her to bits for it now!

I'm also incredibly busy with reports, exams and marking - early pregnancy fatigue doesn't go well in that mix!

BW

Hey Scooby, it has been a little quiet in here hasn't it? have you tried the seabands for the nausea? I used them and found them helpful, they didn't stop it completely, but helped make the sickness a little bit more bearable.
    I tried the mylanta for my heartburn, but it has been that bad that it makes me feel like I'm going to be sick. OB gave me a prescription, but told DH to fill it as I would probably get lectured on using it during pregnancy. He said it is fine to use though, and it will be the same medication they give to me before my c/s.

OMG, my feet have swelled up again today! They are so sore from all the swelling. DD is going to rub some cream into my feet tonight, little sweetheart! I have been having some major BH's today and last night,( at least I hope they are BH's lol) it is actually starting to scare me a little, especially since we won't be near the hospital until next week!

Ooh, BW, so good to hear from you Looking forward to hearing all about your next scan. Will that make you somewhere around the 10 week mark?

Nic

Glad to hear your good BW i know what you mean about the scans but they are great peace of mind. Yes the tiredness definately sucks i forgot you were a teacher so i can just imagine the paper work Good luck for tuesday will be thinkin of you
    Nic: havent tried seabands but at this stage im willing to try anything so thanks for that!
    I never got BH's with DS in must be such a weird and awesome feeling, enjoy your foot rub tonite, im sure its well earned.

Scooby, the sea bands certainly do work a treat. I'm also having a lot of success with Blackmores morning sickness tablets. If I remember to take them at night I have a much better morning.

BW

Hey there! Still here!!

Scooby, I found the seabands helpful too. I also found accupuncture incredibly effective. Hope you get some relief soon, but do be reassured that for MOST people it does get better, usually as the 2nd trim begins.

Nic - hope your foot rub was nice! Please send her my way once she's den with you. LOL!!

Shannon - bet your belly's looking bewdiful!! Has milk helped with the heartburn at all? I find it great, aswell as the Rennie tabs.

BW - those extra scans are very reassuring for sure. Yay for your ob!!

Went to my ob today, and all is well. He didn't even do an internal. He says there's no need to "pick on baby," just yet, as is confident labour will start on its own some time over the next week. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease let him be right. Thank goodness he's on call this weekend, so I don't have to cross my legs for a couple of days.

Belly rubs all 'round!

Arielle
    xo

STILL HERE!!!
    Moonstone, hot curry, DTD, and long walks not helping thus far. I guess baby has other plans. Who am I to interfere!!??

Have a great weekend everyone.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast