Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - March 2008

Wink

Love it Marcellus - Jelly's cooked......Lets go
    Try and have as much rest as you can force into the last couple of days

Arielle - glad your still going well

Nic - I was drinking bottles of mylanta and gaviscon in my first tri and am dreading it coming back.

Just got back from hossy....blood pressure fine, glucose results fine, babys heart rate fine, she is head down already but not engaged thankgoodness, I think she is still little rare ......little madam really doesnt like being prodded and poked for her position......but apart from that I guess we are all good and normal

At least the fortnightly appointments seem to make the time go a little faster.

Belly rubs chickies xx

traceylee Guest

Hi Girls,

Lismith - yeah on your fortnightly visits. It must seem closer now. Mine dont start until April. Great news on the good results.

Marcellus - Had a giggle at the "more aggressive approach" with acupuncture that is. So funny. Congrats on the new addition, a meow. Im allergic to cats & DH hates them but I know that they are very smoochy if you get a good one.

Nic - luv that show rules of engagement & also cracked up at the ad. The dreaded heartburn. I can totally understand. Hope your shopping day went well and you got some great stuff.

Arielle - we are only a few days apart from each other. Congrats on the mat leave & selling the business. Relax & spoil yourself. You will get a nice surprise on the gender when Lil Sprog is born and its exciting not knowing. Will keep you on your toes guessing the gender and naming Im sure. Great to hear everything is going well.

Me - had my visit yesterday and saw bub doing gymnastics in my tum (lucky I cant feel it half the time I would get no rest). Very, very active little man and he is growing really well. Doing glucose test next week (before the easter bunny comes with those yummy eggs).

Tracey

No news here. Getting loads of BHs which actually aren't too painful for me luckily, but they do make daily life even more challenging. 3 hours of it last night...i actually thought towards the end that maybe bugsy was thinking of making his move. But no.

Hope Marcellus is ok too.

Jo

ooo, that sounds promising Lenny! Jelly did his head-banging routine again last night, so not much sleep for me either.

Alina our doula was around again today. Apparently anyone in late pregnancy she takes a photo of goes into labour that night or the next day... so got her to take a snap.

Glad to hear all is going well with you and bubs Tracey and Lismith.

Hi everyone else - catch you later

Bugsy can't come before tomorrow, because that's when i pick the car seat up ( such useless parents), and then DH is off work from Tuesday. Because of the nature of his work, he has had to book time off so that they can get cover. I hate to say i actually sleep better when i'm on my own in the bed, so it's mixed blessings having him home!

Hope Jelly decides to give you a rest tonight...or decides that today is going to be his day

I just wanted to come in and see if there was anything exciting happening for Marcellus and Lenny.
    The race is certainly on for the 2 of you

I hope you are all doing really well and that you had a good weekend.

Ltl Panda How did you get on at the appointment with Anton for his feet?

Has anyone heard from Ktgirl and "Itchy and Scratchy"? I'm a bit worried about them cause I haven't seen them here for ages I really hope they are ok.

Sage's tooth is just oh so close to popping through the gum now. He is rolling over all the time now and he is very inqusitive as to what is happening around him. Its wonderful to see him grow and develop each and every day.He is such a happy little boy and he lights up our lives so much.

Lenny, hope the car seat is now sitting all beautifully in your car ready for bugsy's arrival

Marcellus, how cool about your doula taking pics and then labour starting! Hope it's working for you

Not a lot happening here. Bub decided to kick me all night, so I didn't get much sleep. Hope it's not a sign of things to come. Going to buy our inflatable baby spa bath this week on line. We are going to have it at my parents house, and when we're not there they can just deflate it until next time we come in. DH has relented and said he will paint a blue wall for me in bubs' room so I can put one of the walls of wild australia stickers on it! I'm a little excited, but told him I would wait until it came time for him to paint bubs' room and we had moved the furniture around, then I would see if it would fit in the way I want or not. Going for a drive on Wednesday to pick up some more materials for DD's built-in. DH is so excited about getting to finish it off. We needed a bit of timber so went to the local rip off store and they can't get what we want for at least another month! So a 400klm round trip for the remainder of the timber it is then!

Have to go, will drop back in later on to see how everyone is

Nic

the photo didn't work... ;(

I was up very early this morning with regular contractions... but it went away.

Lenny, how awful that you're only just getting your car seat... not! We only just got ours the other day

Hey Marcellus and Lenny

Have you got someone to do your BA?

If not, I'm more than happy to. Just PM me and I'll send through my mobile number.

Ohhhh...can't wait!

Just popping in to check on Lenny and Marcellus. Hope you two are feeling ok.
    Lenny - I've been feeling for you with this heat wave we've been having. Thankfully, it's subsided for now/

Marcellus - bummer the photo didn't work. I am pretty fascinated that it atleast seemed to get some contractions happening. Magic camera!!

Nic - sounds like you've one very active bubba there. Safe travels, when you go wood hunting.

TL - we are rather close aren't we. Looks like it'll be a race b/w you and me in a couple of months time, just like it is with lenny and marcellus. Hope you're feeling well.

Lismith - yay on getting to the fortnightly appts. Getting closer! Woohooh!

Mako and Monnie - hope your gorgeous lil' ones are doing well.

Had another ob appt yesterday. Bub kept wanting to kick the doppler away, but we did get a heart rate, amidst some hickups (so cute). 'twas 160bpm.
    It was similar at my 12wk and 20wk scans too. Apparently it's a normal heart rate, but I did think the heart rates came down a bit as the pg progressed?? Not worried about it, just interested. I know the heart rate being indicative of the sex bizzo, is s'posed to be an old wives tale, but it has got me thinking. I am wondering if perhaps there's a little princess on board with this higher heart rate?? Also, everyone around me are having boys at the mome. We're about due for a girl.
    Not fussed either way, but fun to postulate.

GOOD NEWS! A close gf of mine just had a bewdiful healthy baby boy. He was nearly 9 yrs in the making (IVF), but he's finally here. I couldn't stop blubbering when I held him for the first time. Such a precious little miracle!!!

Belly rubs to all! Have a great day. xo

Big congrats to your friend Arielle - how lovely! It'll be your turn soon too

Thanks Monnie - OUr doula is going to post for me, so don't worry, you'll hear if anything happens. Nada for now

Lenny - are you still 'with us'? I feel sure now I'm going to be left behind and end up in the April babies...

Great Marcellus...can't wait to hear! Your little one will be here so so soon!

Yeah...where are you, Lenny?

Maybe she's busy becoming a Mummy!!!

Still here guys, thanks for all asking The heat has been a bit much and actually i was grateful to still be working - with air-con. Finished work now, had a haircut, shaved my legs, and i'm all ready to go now!!!
    I feel i am going to be a bit late too Marcellus, as nothing much seems to be going on with the little guy. We had a scan and he has grown exactly as he should have over the last 2.5 weeks. He is still small and amniotic fluid is still low (5 now), but we are still on track for the natural birth. Was having BHs when i was at the Obs again. Quite funny - I didn't think that he could tell but as soon as he put the stethoscope on my tummy he said, "Oh, you're having BH's!"

Monnie, i am honoured to have the amazing Lou posting my BA for me. Her continued support is humbling.

Arielle, can't believe you are 26 weeks already, doesn't time fly? Aren't we glad the temp has dropped!

Nic, I got an active one too. Always at the worst times too. I thought he'd have slowed up by now, but no - he's still having a party in there.

Mako - hope you hear from KTgirl soon. I have heard there is another forum (not on BB) for multiples - she might have joined there.

Hey Lenny, glad you finally finished work - phew! Good to hear that all is going well with Bugsy. You know you have to post regularly from now or we'll all assume you've gone off and had your baby without telling us....

now, must go clean the house again

Wink

Ohhhhhh its getting very exciting ladies!!! I keep popping in to see when you going to hatch your eggs.....I hope you are both trying to relax, but feel free to take your time cos im after you and really really not quite ready yet.

Are you able to sleep properly towards the end? As im still having a nightmare, I only sleep right through when I am so utterly exhausted the old body cant take it any more. Feeling a little tight at the mo as well, and bubs is a fully fledged alien now, things sticking out all over the place

And everyone is getting paranoid at work that I will drop early....god forbid, they are only panicking as they havent replaced me yet, but hey they have had 6 months. Also woke up at 4 yesterday thinking if I did go quickly what the hell could I throw in my bag as eveything is dirty and havent washed any bubs clothes yet...we havent even gotten a mattress yet, and the car seat saga is still not solved yet see its not just you

oohh tension mounting

Marcellus...sounds like nesting fever is taking over!

I think my record was vacuuming 3 times in one day!!!

Enjoy these last few days...I know it's hard carrying such a load...but the anticipation is so special!!!

Lenny...yay...on finishing work!

Lissmith...sorry to hear your sleep is so troublesome at the moment...I hate to say it, but it really is your body 'getting you into training!!!'...so in some strange way, it is a positive!

Nic...hope all is going well.

Best wishes to Arielle, Satya, Ktgirl...hope I haven't missed anyone!

Hi all,
    Busy day here, saw the Ob & discussed the results of the last scan. Bugsy is still little (35 percentile) and fluid still low, so he said if I don't go into labour spontaneously over Easter then I will get induced on Wednesday. Then he sent us to the hospital where they hooked me and him up to the monitor to check his heart and movements. Thankfully that came back really well, so he's not distressed...just not growing much. Another heart monitoring on Saturday, just to see that he's still OK. So it's been a busy time, but i feel OK about it all. I'm sure he'll grow big once he get's out and get's doted on from his Mum and Dad.

I feel now I should maybe be baking and cooking and cleaning etc, but instead i'm on the net downloading songs for my MP3!

Lismith - I love the Alien analogy...especially when you can see the movements...it's freaky to start with. Oh, and sleep...oddly enough i am used to the lack of sleep now. It's true what they say about it being practice.

Marcellus - i am wishing you are very very happy easter and I hope you get to meet Jelly really soon - even EDD would be good!

Take care all and thanks for checking in Monnie

Lenny I hope the monitoring goes well for you hun.Please try not to worry about the size of bub cause even if he is at the 35th percentile, thats still good. Sage isn't on the chart yet lol, but he is growing at a consistent rate and thats all we can ask for. So if you have any concerns please know that you can ask me

Marcellus Happy EDD for tomorrow. Sending you some L.V's.

Lismith I'm sure you'll get things sorted out in time for bubs arrival. It probably seems like its never going to happen but trust me it will. We only put Sage's cot up 2 days before he was born and I fitted the carseat the morning he was born

I wish you all a very happy Easter.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast