Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - March 2008

Default Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - March 2008

If you have any concerns within the thread please email/ PM any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails & PM's are treated equally & confidentially) :-

Sarah_H - Admin
    sushee
    Slyder

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Pregnancy Articles.

Here's wishing each and every one of you, a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Congratulations...

Your old thread is here

Yay Lenny - great news. Glad to hear little bugsy's doing fine. Doc actually checked my fluid levels today - all good.

Have a good weekend everyone

Good news on the fluid levels Marcellus. Are you all prep'd now for bubba's arrival?

I am amazed at the number of people with the placenta to the front. I'm not sure what it means for the birth, is it all still good for a n/birth or will you be looking at c/s?

Lis, it is great to be counting down the weeks and see them actually disappear behind you, you'll be on mat leave before you know it!

Well Jenna's doing great. It's been a week since she arrived and we finally decided last night to give her her first bath in the sink and to start writing down her feed and nappy change times so we can get a routine happening. She's such a feeder and sleeper that we hadn't thought to do it but with DH going back to work after Easter, we didn't think getting ourselves breakfasted and showered around 10am was functional in the long run!

Those of you with bub's in arms already...did you ever take the phone off the hook? In our household the phone hardly ever rings but on Thursday we had 10 P/C's during daylight hours alone - yes i was counting! I was so tempted to disconnect the damn thing! How have you managed all the wonderful well wishers without offending anyone??

Hey guys

Re. anterior placenta...no need for c/s at all...like the sonographer said to me, you basically have 50% chance of the placenta being posterior or 50% chance it will be anterior!!!

Kimbe...yep...we definitely take the phones off the hook...or put them on silence. There is nothing worse than finally getting bubs to sleep and... ring...ring...ring... I'm sure people would rather have to wait to have a chat with you than know that they woke up your little one.

The tricky thing is remembering to take the phones off silent once they are awake again.

And don't worry about the breakfast at 10am thing too much...I'm still regularly in my pj's until 11:30am!!! I think the routine just naturally happens over time...and just be aware that just when you think you have a routine going...whammo...everything changes!

It's not a bad thing...just give yourself permission to 'go with the flow'...I know I needed to do that! Parenting definitely teaches flexibility, that's for sure!!!

Marcellus...Lenny...on your marks...get set....GOOOOOOOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by monnie View Post
    Marcellus...Lenny...on your marks...get set....GOOOOOOOO!!!
    I read that out loud to bugsy - he stayed very quiet - i think he's happy where he is for a few more weeks! Everyone at work joked that bugsy might take 'Labour Day' seriously and i might go on Monday!

kimbe - DH has been a shiftworker for years, so we have the phone on silent a lot when he is sleeping. The message still kicks in - so no harm done. I hope you get used to going with the flow and just loving the newness of it all for a while. At least you have DH home for a little while longer too. I know i have to learn to get out of being super organised and routined and i keep saying to myself that it doesn't matter if the house stays messy and dinner does not get cooked. It'll be weird, but i'm sure i'll get used to a little bit of choas!

labour day was last Monday here - missed that one. A labour day baby would be better than april fool's.... We've started a pool in the family to guess when Jelly will be born... mum's the only one optimistic enough to guess an early date. I'm going with the 30th - but I don't mind if i lose that bet.

Glad everything is going well with Jenna Kimbe.

Have had a rough couple of nights - constant BH and Jelly apparently grinding down in my pelvis (well, don't really know what he's doing, but it hurts). Still manage to sleep a bit though, so could be worse (oh, have now jinxed myself).

Went to hospital tour (again) today. Saw a new mother pushing her little brand new baby down the ward - sooo gorgeous. She was shuffling uncomfortably along, but looked so happy and content. I feel all warm and fuzzy whenever i think of it.

Smile

Can I ask when you (for those who have had them obviously) started getting BH I havent felt anything that I could associate with them?

I get odd belly tightening cramp, but the ob said it was my belly ligaments going into spasm, so I guess I just am waiting for a sign

DH asked when we were starting our classes, as he doesnt know anything about babies.........as if I do!! but our classes dont start for another month I think we are starting to feel a little unprepared.

My mum made a comment yesterday along the lines of "I hope we make the birth, but I guess in reality this baby might be 6 weeks old by the time we come out" I just said there is no way this baby is being born in 2 weeks time, omg I may have to do the baby washing and get my bag packed though just in case

I am dare I say getting a little excited.......is this euphoria going to stick around for the remaining weeks? I hope so

Hope you are all well, everyone is sounding pretty positive which is fantastic xx

Marcellus - i keep getting a sharp shooting pain like a knife being stabbed up me - not sure what that's from, but it always gives me a huge fright each time. Labour Day is not going to happen for me - that's fine, i still have a lot to do!

Lismith - the euphoria will last i'm sure! I don't technically have a bag packed yet - I figure i will need to do something to keep me busy when the contractions start, because the hospital is 6 minutes away, so i could have a whole 12 hours to pack! And if i forget something ...DH can go and get it for me! We did our ante-natal classes at 35 weeks too, and everyone had a great time.

I am getting annoyed with the weather...too hot again! I have to have loads of clothes ready for the baby, because it could be this hot when he arrives, or it could be cold again. I think I'm tired and easily annoyed! Once DH gets off doing nights i might feel a little less anxious.

Take care all

Really not too long for you now Lismith! If your whole belly is tightening, then that sounds like BH to me... Stronger ones you can 'feel' the tightening. I also get pressure on my bladder (if not empty), mild cramping down low, lower back ache... if you're not feeling anything i'd be happy actually...

Ah - do you mean the sharp stabby pains as baby headbuts your cervix Lenny? They are nice, aren't they? Jelly's taken to banging against my pelvis or something...

Dr Thyer is away at a conference for the week from tomorrow... kinda hope Jelly will hold off till he's back.

Take care everyone

Yep...Lissmith...they sound like BH...I used to feel them tightening across my belly like a band.

Marcellus...hope jelly holds on til Dr Thyer is back...but the midwives are great, so I'm sure all will be fine.

Lenny...I think the main thing we trying to deal with the weather and babies is to use the layering concept...so that you can add or take away as needed.

Can't believe how close you all are....yayay!!!

Guess what???

Felix crawled yesterday!!! Well, sort of dragged himself around the room really...but he's definitely mobile! He can get up on all fours and rock...but then he sort of collapses and drags himself around!!!

We better hurry up and make this house crawler-friendly!!!

traceylee Guest

Hi Girls,

Monnie - Congrats on Felix crawling ! Its always good to stay one step ahead of the tots when they become mobile. I think its a continual adjustment of moving things, lifting things up out of reach and bolting things shut. Cant wait ! I have friends come over with their tots and they have childproofed my house for me by breaking everything I had in the way. We are ready now !

Lenny - how fickle is the weather? Its hard enough knowing myself to put on with this hot/cold shift let alone have to dress a bub. I agree that layering is the best solution too. I cant believe your bag is not packed, I had such a giggle at myself. I wish I was more relaxed like you. My bag has been packed for a while now and in the car already! Hoping you are well and not feeling too anxious, its such an exciting time !

Marcellus - Not long now! Are you okay with doc away if bubs doesnt wait ? I think I would be a bit nervous. My Prof has done all my ops, m/c etc himself. I would hate for him to go away but everyone is highly trained so I guess that would give peace of mind. Take it easy.

Me - DH away at a conference until Wednesday and I have been so excited to sleep in the bed myself without his snoring. Im not sleeping well, milk is still helping but I thought I would sleep better with him away. Not the case. I had a shocker last night. Tossed & turned & when I finally fell asleep I dreamt I had a baby and he was crying in his crib and I didnt know what the noise was. I woke and went in the nursery and saw him there so cute. I felt so bad that I forgot I had a baby. I breast fed him and the milk was just running down my armpits cos he wasnt latched on properly and I couldnt get him to. I had to change his nappy, wrap him up and try to get him back to sleep for ages. When I woke this morning (for real) I was so exhausted. Maybe a sign of things to come ! My dreams are draining me so I have decided not to read any baby books before bed. I need the rest now !

Everyone Else - hope you are all happy and healthy and enjoying those tums !

Tracey

Oh Monnie, that is so cute! He must be such fun sometimes.

TL - If i packed a bag - i'd have nothing to wear!!! Seriously though, I have a stack of washed bub clothes, toothbrush etc and some huge maternity pads of course () waiting in the babies room - all i have to do is throw them in a bag, add some clothes for me, and i'll be off. I am paranoid we'll forget the camera - so i have a big post-it note written.

I have stopped having baby dreams...which is strange. I thought they'd get more frequent. Maybe I'm just too tired to remember

Lismith - for me BH's are a bit like period cramps (but then i have endo and adhesions, so i don't know if that made any difference). The back pain, and the tightening feeling, like marcellus said. I rarely get them at all, so i just count myself lucky. I know (from marcellus and Jo) that getting them constantly can be a real hassle.

Big CONGRATULATIONS TO KIMBE, so excited for you. Nice and fast thats all I have to say, hope you have healed well.
    Nice to reade that Jenna is also doing well.

Unhappy

Monnie - I cant believe he is crawling already, I really dont think I have any perception of how fast they grow.

Lenny - Im hearing you with the bag, I have put some things in there and then realised I had cut my wardrobe in half So I may have to rethink my clothing options.

And I know this is probably elsewhere, but I couldnt find it in the hospital threads, how long are you usually in hospital for?

I had a shocking night last night TL - think it must have been a full moon. I have been having issues with back pain, which has thankfully now subsided, but I still wake with a dead-bum cheek and last night I just could not get back to a comfortable position. Spent from 3am on the sofa think I maybe got an extra hour and now feel sick as a dog..........and am exhausted

I am seriously looking forward to regaining some control over my body

tracey - hope you can get some more sleep soon.

monnie - how awesome that Felix is starting to crawl! He'll be off in no time.

marcellus, hope jelly holds off until your OB returns.

lis, I hear you on regaining control of your body! Hope you can get a more comfortable sleep too. As for how long you will have to stay in hospital, i think it will depend on a few things, how you go through delivery and what your recovery is like, what your Dr is like etc.. With my DD, i ended up with an emergency c/s in the early hours of a sunday morning, and I discharged myself on the wednesday morning. I just couldn't stay any longer, much to the disgust of a particular midwife. I think maybe a few days is normal?

Well, not much happening here. DH had his hand on mybelly last night while I was drinking some ice cold water and bub decided to kick his hand as soon as he placed it on my tummy. He thought it was great. He has decided also that bub likes to play round and round the garden when his hand is on my belly. It seems bubs like to rub cirlces, only when DH's hand is sitting on my belly.
    Must go and pick DD up from school, will chat to you all later on

Nic

I haven't popped in for a while, but I'm still about.
    I've got a bit of catching up to do, but from the small amount of reading I've managed, it looks like you're all doing really well.

Marcellus and Lenny - not long now!! Can't wait to see your BA's. Gotta love Melb weather Lenny. It sure does keep us guessing at this time of year.

Lismith - ouchy bum cheek! Hope you have a better night tonight. You're getting pretty close too. So exciting!

CONGRATS Kimbe! So thrilled to hear your little Jenna is here and doing well.

Nic - sounds like your bub likes playing the same games mine does when DH wants to feel a kick. Cheeky lil' things!!

A big hello to everyone else too!

All's cruising along nicely for me and Lil' Sprog. I am feeling well & really enjoying being pregnant. I have a decent belly going on now, but no stretch marks yet thankfully!!
    We have decided not to find out what we're having, but both DH and I are pretty sure it's a boy. Will just have to wait and see.

Well,.... as I've now finished work - YIPPEEEE (I took early mat leave as I sold my business), I will hopefully be popping in more regularly. i look forward to chatting with you all more often.

Take care all! BELLY RUBS all 'round.
    xo

Arielle, yay for finishing work! LOL at Lil' sprog, playing the same game.

Has anyone seen the ad for this weeks episode of rules of engagement? I laugh myself silly, and DH gives me this little dirty look, even though he is having a giggle himself. Had to tell him tonight that I wasn't laughing at him or what he had to do, as we both had to do some not so nice things to have this bub in our lives LOL!

OMG, the heartburn has been giving me a hard time lately. I'm completely over it! Shopping day tomorrow, so will have to buy some more quickeze.

Nic

I can't see new threads on here unless I hit submit reply... it's really weird.

Anyway, how cute Monnie! Can't believe he's crawling around already.

Long time no see Arielle - glad all is going well with you.

And how lovely to hear about the baby kicks. It's so sweet when they kick their daddies...

Well, I'm on countdown. DTD last night and acupuncture today, another session booked for next week and if I go post dates we'll get more 'aggressive' with it (acupuncture that is...). I'm tired, I'm enormous, Jelly's cooked... let's go! Decided I don't mind if our doc is away, but doubt it'll be this week anyway. Have gotten no study done, so will probably just drop out, but have done some sewing, which makes me feel better. Oh and we got a cat.... in retrospect probably wasn't the cleverest idea right before a new baby, but he's 6 years old and very gentle and smoochy, so hopefully will be alright.

And that's me - time for a nap

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast