Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - March 2008

Wink

Yeay Marcellus you made it chickie and another wee man for the group, hope you are both doing well. Cant wait to hear the name.

Big welcome to Shannon - hope you have a wonderful pregnancy.

And Good luck with all the impending Glucose test results.

I have had a very organised, cleaning frenzy weekend, it was very productive so am feeling chuffed with myself though I still have a way to go and think im coming down with something, though it could just be sleep deprivation

I have also taken our 2 chosen baby name choices off the table......im not happy with them, dh was not convinced by them (though hadnt said anything grrr) so now with less than 6 weeks we are up aganst the clock......oh well whats a little pressure hehe. Hey so any gorgeous strong female names which go with smith...please feel free to mention

Happy Monday to everyone, hope your all doing well
    Lis xx

Oh, i am so happy...Lenny & Marcellus congratulations to you both on the birth of your little bubba's, sounds like you both did fantastically well with the whole birthing experience. I wish you both all the best with motherhood, it is great fun, but also tiring - Jenna is 5.5wks now and absolutely precious, but when i can't sooth her wind pain or tears it is really draining.
    Welcome to the newbies, it is great to see new +pg's in here, it has been a while which is hard given we're all LTTTC'ers, but finally you're breaking the drought!! Good luck with your 9mth journey, it is so great to watch/feel yourself (and your DH's/DP's) grow and change. This forum was a wonderful treasure for me during my pg, i hope it gives you the support you need aswell!
    Lissmith - good luck with the name hunt. Girls names are the most difficult we found, i have no doubt you'll select a name you are both proud of and happy with...and don't worry, no matter how great the name, your little one will at some stage tell you s/he hates it and would have rather been called Batman or Cinderella or something!
    Nic, Satya, TL, it's all getting closer for you guys now, glucose tests are like the final test before fortnightly and weekly visits!!! Good luck.
    To anyone i've missed, i hope things are going great, belly rubs to all and Mumma hugs to all the bubs.

Lissmith You could use Jenny Smith if you like. This was my maiden name No just kidding you don't have to use it. My cousin is Kimberley Smith. The name game is a hard one but no matter what you guys decide on I'm sure it will be perfect.

Good Morning Ladies

Just had to pop in this morning i am bursting with excitement!

We had our scan this morning and we are having twins!
    They just looked like black blobs We could see a heartbeat of one but not the other as it was hiding behind the first one. So we go back next Wednesday so another sneak peak Cried the whole time and am in shock but very very happy!
    And it explains the morning sickness!

Will catch up on personals later!

Shan & (Bubble & Squeak)

Smile

OH wow Shannon, Big congratulations thats awesome news. I'll keep eveything crossed for next wednesday.

I have finally solved the drama of the car seat....I have booked the stupid car in to get a anchor point fitted....dh wasnt happy about the money but its his fault for buying a stupid work car and we need it. I have then booked in to hire a baby capsule and get it fitted, but after the reaction over the anchor I havent mentioned that. I know we bought a reversible car seat but I still think its too big when in full recline and it will get used after the first initial stage. I just wish sometimes he would think before he opens his mouth. I on the otherhand hope I make it to the fitting on the 24th

Bub has dropped again and I am feeling a lot of discomfort, oh well 40 days to go
    Hope your all ok Lis

Shannon...fantastic news! So thrilled!!!

Lissmith...I didn't really you were so close...40 days! WOWOW!!! Good luck in breaking the news to DH!

Marcellus - I hope everything is going wonderfully for you all. Thanks Alina for posting. I can't wait to hear from you, but i know how busy you will be! Take care and enjoy.

Shan - I am thrilled once again for you and DH. It's so exciting! And don't worry - none of us feel like we belong here to start with and most of us are still stalking the old LT threads! I wish you all the very best.

Hi to Nic and TL and Lismith and anyone else in here. And to all the new mums - where do you guys find the time?!

Jo

Hi everyone!
    Just back from hols, and is so nice to come in here and see so much great news.
    HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Lenny and Marcellus!! I am so happy for you both. Your little guys are here and safe - Wooohoooh! You've done so well ladies. Best of luck adjusting to your new roles as Mummies. I'm sure you'll be great! xo

Welcome to the newbies! Great to have you with us, and all the best for a wonderful Pg. Twins Shannon! That's wonderful news.

Lismith - OMG! 40 days to go! That's great. Glad you've got the carseat sorted. Sorry to hear you're a bit uncomfy. Won't be long now. Any luck with the names?

Monnie, Kimbe & Mako - hope you and your gorgeous lil' ones are doing well.

Nic, Satya and TL - hope those test results came through all good, and that you're feeling well.

I too am waiting on my GT results. Somehow (such a dunce) I stuffed up my appt times, so I need to wait 'til Friday now for that and my anti-D jab. Hopefully they're not too upset with me when that needle comes out. LOL!
    All else going well. I was very excited to notice whilst away that I am getting milk leakage. It's so nice to know my bits are working, and now it feels like having this bubba is getting really really close. VERY exciting!

Have a great week all!
    Take care
    Arielle
    xo

traceylee Guest

Hi Girls,

Wow such great news all around and its nice to be a part of it!

Arielle - Welcome back from holidays! I was reading about milk just the other day. I never even checked before or felt it but I will check now.

Shannon - Hooley Dooley TWINS! What an awesome surprise ! Wishing you well and I bet you cant wait until next weeks scan. The morning sickness is apparently a very good sign of "baby health" so even though it may be a bit rough for a while, know its a good side effect. Take it easy !

Kimbe - I cant believe how the time has flown with Jenna being 5.5 weeks, it feels like only last week you had her. Hope you are doing ok and getting as much rest as you can.

Lismith - sounds like you are sorting your car seat drama out once and for all. You only have 40 days to go? Thats gone so fast too. Your next up and Im after you, then there's Arielle, Satya, Nic, Shannon & Karena. I think that's the order Im not sure. Anyway, focus is now on you....... batter up !

Me - Had my visit & Glucose came back with good results considering I put on 22 kilos. I thought for sure Easter would have hit me hard but it seems it doesnt work that way. I was told to go swimming for exercise daily. I want to but I dont feel like struggling with the swimmers up over those thunder thighs I have now created. I could carry a baby in each leg I reckon! Was told that baby will be around 8lb, the rest is all me. Scary thought. All good and on fortnightly visits now. I am so ready for this baby I cant wait.

Take care & belly rubs all round !

Tracey Lee

Shannon, Congratulations on having twins!! How awesome.

Tracey, good to hear all went well with your results.

Arielle, goodluck for Friday.

BIG hi to everyone else.
    We had our OB appointment who for the first time, was running a little late, but he still took time to answer our questions. Did another scan and said bub is looking good, said at our next visit he will do a more thorough scan and take measurements. We asked him about my c/s and will I have to book into hospital the night before or the morning of c/s, and he said the morning of, woohoo! I said that was good, didn't think I could lay up there awake all night. He said, No, he didn't want to do that to me either. Said my blood pressure was lower than last time, 130/75.

We had a chat about spinal or epidural, he prefers spinal. He said that DH isn't allowed in recovery with me and neither is bub as it is pretty cold in there, and they want bubs back in my room having cuddles with daddy to keep warm. Mind you when I was on the same ward last year at the same time having my lap, it was freezing! He said once I'm stitched up, I will be allowed to go back to them.

He said the scarring from my preious c/s shouldn't cause that much trouble with the op either. He said he will have to check his schedule, but he thinks we will be the 'first cab off the rank' for that morning, so will be back in my room fairly early. I had a few other questions which I couldn't remember, and he was running behind, so DH and I are going to write them down for our next visit which is in 4 weeks.
    DH asked him about my recovery and wanted to confirm my recovery should be better than last time with my being put to sleep, and being in labour beforehand.

OB said he understood our feelings about the whole thing, his wife had an emergency c/s with their first and planned with their 2nd. He said to us 'It's quite a funny feeling the night before, you go out for dinner and a movie, then go home and say, well at 9am tomorrow our baby will be here' It was nice to have some sort of understanding.
    Glucose results came back all good too, thank god!

Ok, will come back later, going to quickly check out the rest of the forums

Nic

Hi everyone!
    Back in the real world after about a week in hospital. Aric (we did name him eventually , though we still slip up and call him Jelly sometimes) had some 'poo' issues when we were there (looked like he might have colitis or something), but all seems to have cleared up now. He's feeding like mad and putting on weight - yay.

Shannon - congratulations on the double joy!!

So close now Lismith - where does the time go?

Belly rubs to all you ladies in waiting and baby hugs to graduates - It's been so wonderful sharing this journey with you all.

Hi Everyone,

Well, I am new here to this thread, am 15wks preg with an ICSI FET bub. Totally ecstatic about it, and incredibly nervous as well. Also, totalyy overwhekmed by it all.Its like we have wanted this for soo long,and nowthat we have it, I dont know what to think or feel. Weird huh?

I have been lurking about for a while reading posts,but also still lurking in the LTTTC threads as well. I guess thats a common thing!

Anyway,thought I wouldpopmy head in and say hi.

Cheers... Fi

Marcellus I have to say that I love the name you've given your little man. Hope everything is going well for you.

Congrats and welcome Fiona. I wish you all the very best for your pregnancy,and yes its normal to feel the way you do atm

Shannon Congratulations on your twins. Hope you are doing well.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

Hi Princess Fiona_01,

I am new to Belly Belly, also TTC at 39 - most people I talk to think that at our age, the road to getting pg is rough - I have been trying to come to terms with that, yet thinking that I cant face a future without children, so have started my first IVF cycle (without success), when I got the negative news at work I cried all the way from work to home, then when I went for my last blood test (to check hormoes are back to normal - I don't want them tobe normal! I cried again all the way from clinic to work! So I am happy that u are pg!

Hi Princess Fiona, Welcome and congrats. Mako is right, it is completely normal to feel the way you do. It's a big transition going from LTTTC, to finding out it has actually worked hey.

Arielle, ooh at your leakage. I haven't had any yet. I remember it was early with DD, and that it annoyed me horribly too lol. Hope all went well yesterday with your glucose and anti-d injection.

Traceylee - good to hear your glucose came back with good results too

lis, good news that you manged to sort out the anchorage problem. Can I ask if you had the capsule sitting in your car to compare it to the original carseat? We are going to go and see about hiring a capsule from Qld Ambulance, if it will take up a little less room than our baby seat. One of those jobs that both DH and I keep putting off LOL. I have to see if our carseat will fit in the middle of the car first.

Nic

Talking

Hi everyone....look at me what a party animal 7pm on a saturday night

Yeay Marcellus on making it home...and good name too, I hope he is everything you have been longing for

Big Hi to Fi, good luck on your journey...I dont think any of us believed it was real until well into our pregnancy.

Nic - I had the anchor points put in, and to my surprise the mechanic showed me how to put the car seat in properly and guess what it does fit...I was obviously having a blonde day when I tried to do it myself. So we have cancelled the capsule, I was actually a little concerned about the weight and having it to carry it in and out of the car. I test tried a friends with a 4 week old in it and I struggled, so figured that yes even though i am going against the advice of QAS (they just had to tell me that) I will just take bubs in and out of the car normally, but the QAS will fit it properly for free which is good.

Its a big week for us this week, first antenatal class oh my they are finally here, and dh dads birthday (he died 5 years ago this year) and then mine. So if we just make it through this week I reckon we will get to my due date. Then next week I have to have an internal examination, well I guess start as you mean to go on. Dh was reading about labout last night and asked if I had put in my swim suit....I just looked at him and told him that was for him not me, the only thing I will be doing is taking things off love him

Belly rubs and hugs to all xx

traceylee Guest

Hey Girls,

Marcellus - great to hear from you and Im sure the girls will agree! Aric, wow what a great name ! Whats the meaning, where did you get the name from? I think its cute you still call him jelly. Happy to hear that he is doing better now and thriving. Take Care.

Lismith - This is a regular Saturday night raging pyjama party for me! DH actually went to a party tonight & I piked out. I am so emotional atm. I would not be able to handle one more person telling me how big I am. Better off at home having a pj party on my own tonight than have a pity party tomorrow! I start my classes this week too and am quite anxious about it. Hope this week finds you happy & well with lots of pressies for your birthday & thoughts for you guys on DH dad's birthday.

Princess Fiona - Welcome. Enjoy your journey !

Nic - Yippee for GT ! Great to have an understanding OB and sounds like you are sorting things out so that they will run smooth come birth day. I have no idea what's going to happen to me but writing things down that I want and questions to ask is a good tip for my next visit. I forget things to ask things too at my visit. Im finally getting organised & its only take 7mths!

Take Care

Tracey

Lis, that's great that your car seat now fits! I had a chuckle at you saying you must've been having a blonde day! I still didn't get ours downstairs to the car today to check it out. Must try to remember to get DH to do it tomorrow.
    Hope your ante natal classes (and yours too traceylee) are great and full of fantastic information.

So, I thought I might have slept a little funny the other night and hurt my back. Tonight though, DH suggested that maybe bub is the culprit? I have a pain on my left side around my kidney area, it hurts to bend over, so am trying to squat down to pick up or put anything down, also hurts when I reach up and last night it was hurting (still on my left side) when I was laying in bed on my right side? What do you girls reckon? Possibly baby related? Gosh it's painful! It has been like this since yesterday and I'm already over it!

Nic

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast