Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - March 2008

Hi everyone I think I have found the place where I will fit in . Im 9 weeks and having a scan on tuesday. Im praying we see another strong heart beat like we did at 7 weeks but am terrified of seeing nothing this time. Morning sickness seems to have gone today and that is worrying me a little bit. Goodluck to everyonre here. I have quickly browsed your posts and will try to keep up to date on everyones progress. Goodluck

traceylee Guest

Hi Girls,

Nic - hope you dont end up with what I have, sciatica or pelvic girdle pain ! I spent all day Sunday limping & had massage to try to relieve the pain in the buttock & leg. It felt like my kidney until it started to go down my leg. By Sunday afternoon had stiffened up. I had the sciatica the other week and was limping but now the pain is excruciating. I went to babies galore (cried most of the way) and hobbled in there as a girlfriend suggested I get a belly support belt. I wore it all day yesterday and have been putting ice packs on my buttock. I had been seeing my chiro twice a week but now he is away for school holidays and I can hardly walk today. My house is upside down and DH asked 14 family members over for dinner tomorrow night ggggggrrrrrrr for no apparent reason!
    Get it checked out asap. I wouldnt wish this on anyone if that is what you have.

Welcome Collo - Congrats on your pg !Dont panic about morning sickness. Mine was on/off so often I didnt even think I had it! Enjoy all the girls in here they are wonderful & full of knowledge & wisdom & especially caring hearts!

We went to our first ante natal class last night & I really enjoyed and DH said he had a great time too. Lets hope he says that about the labour !

Big hi to all, hope all is well.

TraceyLee
    Last edited by traceylee; April 15th, 2008 at 03:25 PM.

Hi ladies, this is my first post here, it is great to read other LTTC stories and to hear the great news.

I've had 5 ICSI cycles with 2 miscarriages and I am finally 16 weeks pregnant, but until I heard the heart beat last Friday I was still a tad apprehensive. I was starting to think that maybe my age was against me but it worked, DH and I are thrilled.

PrincessFi are due dates are the same, it will be nice to have someone to chat to as we go through this exciting phase of our lives.

Car seats, cots, prams they are all the fun things I will now have to look for, it will be great as I can't wait for this little bundle to arrive, it makes all the jabs and tests so worthwhile.

Best wishes to everyone.

Cool

Oooohhh more newbies -welcome ladies so nice to have some more faces, I was starting to think this thread was going to die with us lot. Good luck and congratulations with your pregnancies.

TL - Hope your back pain is better, I was wearing a belt type thingy a couple of weeks back until the belly took over and the belt doesnt even fit where the pain is typical. My sciatic pain is still pretty bad, some days im fine and other days I hobble

We had our class ysterday was pretty interesting, though didnt appreciate the small baby doll exact replica.....it was huge!! But I did come away feeling pretty happy, the midwives are a good crew, my body is designed for this and regardless of pain, delivery method etc, I want her out

I have 9 days left at work but its getting hard im sooo exhausted and I just want to lie somewhere and not move, I have a couple of sick days left up my sleeve and work are being really good at me going home early etc so I think I may take them just to rest up. DH is starting to feel for me now, getting up every hour in the night is taking its toll on him too, specially as he has to propel me out of bed. And she is kicking the crap out of me, the movements are much more now and so uncomfortable...I really think she wants out, sometimes think my belly is about to fall off

Hope you are all doing well xx

Hi ladies,

Thanks for the warmwelcome!

Itisgoing to be greatto be able to share this amazing experience with people who havegone through a similar processs to us.

Babydreams - how great sam due dates... yes it will be great to havesomeoneto chat to at the same stage throughout the process.

I am finally starting to settle in an enjoy this pregnancy,even ifall I do is barf morning,noon and night!!!

Anyway...cheers to you all and happy baking your bubbas!

Cheers..... Fi

Hi ladies
    Can I please join you all? I have met a couple of you before but Im a newbie in here so hoping I could hang out with you all for awhile?
    Im 8 weeks on Monday...have spotted all the way through and had a scare at 6 weeks..scans and bloods came back great...guess it is just one of those things. had another scan today and everything is great....thankgod, your so right....it freaks you out...
    I too have had that sciatica...felt liek my pelvis was going to fall ouot, started int he left side now in the right pelvis...god it hurt...was limping for days and when I tried to walk normally I collapsed!! They told me it was the progesterone pessaries i am on and all the other lovely side effects should ease too.....WHEN????
    I am actually feeling really down tonight...shouldnt be..we have what we have been praying for for years...so whats wrong with me. DH and I have been fighting..well I have been yelling at him all the time....everything just makes me so mad at the moment....we have hardly spoken all night..he has been cleaning the fish tank for at least 3 hours now.....might have to go to bed and maybe in the morning things might seem brighter....
    So our journey so far has had its up and down but has turned out ok.....just hope I can snap out of my mood soon.....
    I love hearing everyones stories..makes me feel normal..thanks ladies....

traceylee Guest

Hey Carla,

Welcome - Pull up a chair, its real cosy in here and the company is great ! Sorry to hear about the sciatica so early on. Take care with it.

Its quite normal to fluctuate between happy & sad whilst pregnant (well, for me anyway) considering all the drugs we pump into ourselves to get this far & beyond. I went on a fast down hill run in the first trimester and felt depressed for a few weeks, weeks 9-11 (progesterone pessaries for first three months) and then came good when I started the second trimester.

I hope that you are have a better day today and remember, happiness is sometimes a choice considering all the changes we go through in pregnancy.
    Take Care
    Tracey

Happy Birthday Lismith. Hope you've had a lovely day hun.

Hi to all the newbies in here. Its lovely to see more people join in

Not alot happening here atm. Sage is just adorable. He makes us laugh and smile everyday. We just LOVE him to bits. Its amazing how 1 very little person can change your world. I can't believe he will be 6 months old this coming week. Where has that time gone?????????????????

Hope you are all doing well and those bellys are growing nicely

Hi ladies,

it is good to hear that others have been blessed to have babies after the trying for so long.

I can't wait Mako to have my little one change our lives, I know that it is going to have its ups and downs but gee it will be worth it.

Hi Carla welcome, the mood swings do die down in the 2nd trimester but these are nothing compared to the swings my poor DH encountered after the nightly IVF jabs. Hugs do wonders.

Princess Fiona, we're getting closer to our 19 week scan. My DH can't wait and has already arranged for the afternoon off. I have been told that this scan is amazing and can't wait to see the little bub wriggling and getting bigger.

Take care everyone,

BD

Hi ladies
    Thanks for the warm welcomes...well I do hope the moods go..Im starting to hate myselF!
    I remember all the IVF jabs..had 2 rounds of them but can honestly say that I am worse now I am pregnant....should be so happy and content but just feel anxious and aggetated all the time.....
    Hope you all had a great weekend....Im back at work tomorrow after a week off on holidays..YUK.....not looking forward to that.
    Have a great week....will be checking in each day though!!
    xoxox

Wink

Hi ladies, new and old hope you are all doing well.

Carla - I cant believe that your bub is due in Dec OMG the time is just flying.....good luck with going back to work

Mako - thanks for the birthday wishes, I cant believe it has been 6 months already!!

Well we have survived the first big week, 2 birthdays down and no bubs so I think we are safe....its funny I think most people think they want to go early but I am now really looking forward to having time off to myself before hand. I hope at least to get one week, to veg and sleep I also am hoping she drops this week I really need to breath again all the know-it-alls keep telling me im really low now.....but I have carried low all the way through and the fact that she is practising standing on my ribs tells me she hasnt dropped yet.

And I wanted to share some birthday happiness, my darling husband went into a lingerie shop and bought me a beautiful hot milk breast feeding nightie....this is huge he has never bought me any underwear....so I was very impressed and he signed the tag dh so cute

And I wanted to ask a quick question (the thoughts I have at 3am) as everyone here has had trouble conceiving in some form or another, for those who have already popped or already have kids.....when did you resume dtd'ing after birth and did you even bother with contraception!!! Just curious

Have a happy Monday xx

Hi Ladies
    Yes well...back at work and can I just have a rant for a minute...
    I hate the woman I work with and yes hate is a very harsh word but doesnt even fit properly with the way i feel about this woman....she has bombarded me with all this stuff and even went through my desk and files to see any mistakes i have made and wrote a list and had the biggest b!tch fest about me while I was away!! IM FUMING!!!
    She has a very sad life and love to treat people like crap because of it..then the next day she is nice!! Drives me crazy. I am so mad right now I want to just walk out..btu we need to save as muchas we can before the baby is due.....AARRGGGG!
    She is the most horrible woman I have ever met and its really stressing me out being here........something I dont need right now thats for sure!
    Im tempeted to walk out but know I cant right now and who would want to employ a pregnant woman now!!!

I cant go to the boss..well i guess I can but it will make no differnce as she is the accountant ans actually does a good job but they dont realise how rude she is...I wouldnt win this battle if I did....Im just so angry!!!

Sorry ladies.........I had to vent!!
    I hope you are all great..............

Carla. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Lis You're welcome hun. YAY to your dh on buying you a new nightie. How sweet.
    On the DTDing. DH and I waited until about 7 or 8 weeks after Sage was born *warning TMI ahead* due to the fact that I still had a discharge and dh wouldn't go anywhere near me As far as contraception goes for us I can't take the pill and I refuse to get the injection or implant as it took so long for us to have Sage. We have relied on BF alone so far as my Ob said it would be highly unlikely we'd become pg within the 1st 6 months and if we did well so be it iykwim? Now that Sage is 6 months and will be starting solids very soon dh can "cover up" if he wants to but I won't mind if he doesn't as another bub would be a blessing.
    We don't dtd very often these days either. This is due to the fact that I'm just soooooo tired and also because we dtd'd almost everyday before we had Sage that it became like a chore and I think sometimes it still feels like that. I know that sounds really bad but thats just how it is for DH and I. I also know alot of other couples feel the same way after LTTTC. I'm sure these feelings will pass eventually but for now they are quite real

Wink

Thanks Mako

That was my thinking, dh has already told me that he really doesnt want to be a 50 yr old dad with a newborn and I realise its premature to even start this conversation again but sort of intermixed with the great excitement of meeting bubs...I have already started the whole should we start again straight after? do I want 2 bubs close together? what if I dont ovulate again? how long should I leave it before panicking again? You know the usual questions

I think my brain is trying to distract me from the general life changing event fast approaching......im so scared not in a my god its going to hurt type way but in a oh my god we are actually having a baby type way

Still life is good I should be focussing on the amazing blessing that we got pregnant and that I have had a relatively easy pregnancy....all I need now is my gorgeous bub to be healthy and I think we will be complete (I cant believe im managing to go up and down in this post, there is no hope)

Hi girls, sorry for my lack of personals atm. Have been reading though and thinking of you all.

Welcome to babydreams, and anyone else that I missed.

lis, do you finish work this week? Hope you have plenty of relaxing time before bubs arrival.

My back pain subsided quite a bit, then came back last week. Last week I also ended up having to go to the GP as our OB, I found out when I called his office, was away for a week. Anyway, was having lots of pressure down low, and when going to the loo, felt the horrible need to push. GP asked for a urine sample, and said - TMI - it was cloudy and showed traces of blood. So he put me on Amoxil, sent sample off to lab with a copy of results to be sent to our OB as well. At the same time, my back started hurting again, and I was worried that it was my kidneys ( not good considering my family history) so a phone call to my mum and she asked me heaps of questions and said she thought it might've just been the infection transferring pain around to my back. I suspect she told me that to calm me down though LOL!

Anyway, will catch up with you all later

Nic

Hey guys

Just wanted to let you know that I'll be having a little break from bellybelly...

It really saddens me to do this...but I'm just finding I get so involved on BB, that my 'offline' life is getting more and more disorganised...

I just need to spend some time getting things in order and hopefully I'll be back.

I wanted to say, from the depths of my heart...THANKYOU!!! This site was a true godsend after 2.5 years of feeling very alone in our LTTTC journey. The advice, support and understanding that has been offered to me, truly made a difference...and for that I'm so grateful.

Special thanks to Sushee, Sez (Janie), Mako, Flowerchild and Mantaray...your online friendship, support and advice is so valued.

Big hugs to all the PALTTTC chickies (many who are now mummies after LTTTC!) It's been an honour sharing your journey with you!

All the very best to two LTTTC girls that I have shared part of the journey with...Butterfly Warrior and BeiBei...I wish you guys all the very very best...and look forward to returning one day and seeing your dreams fulfilled.

To everyone else...thanks so much and take care...

I'm off (and I'm going to!)...I hope to be back...but until then, happy days!

Hi ladies
    I am a little scared at the moment and hope someone can help me out with an answer. I had a blood test today becasue I spotted again and my HCG is 42 200..the nurse said it was on the lower end for 8 weeks but still healthy, should I be worried. Is this the calm before the storm. I am having a scan tomorrow but in the meantime I feel like Im going to break!

Carla I'm not sure about your levels hun but I just want to wish you all the very best for your scan tomorrow. Take care and know that I'm thinking of you

Monnie I replied to you in the Parenting thread hun. But once again I just want to say that I wish you all the best and hope to see you back here soon. And thanks for all your support and advice and friendship you given me. Take care chickie

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast