Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Nov 2007

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Nov 2007

If you have any concerns within the thread please email/ PM any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails & PM's are treated equally & confidentially) :-

Sarah_H - [email protected] Admin
    ~Raven~ - [email protected]

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Pregnancy Articles.

Here's wishing each and every one of you, a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Congratulations...

your old thread is here

Last edited by sushee; December 13th, 2007 at 02:49 PM.

Mako - so glad to hear that Sage is feeding well, it must be such a relief especially being a little early.
    How is Dh coping with a new bub?
    Being so small is there anything that fits your little man?

Ktgirl - sorry to hear your unwell, I found sea bands & sao bikkies helped a little & the best trick is to not let yourself get to the starving point as your m/s will be much worse.
    I got to the stage where I had to set my alarm to get up really early to eat & then go back to bed just so it wouldn't be as bad, it didn't totally get rid of it though.
    I never ever want to see a sao bikkie again!!!
    My dr also said to just eat whatever you could to get you through the m/s so don't worry too much about what you're eating for now.

Ltl Panda - yeah on only one more exam.

Zap - Congratulations on expecting twins, I had a feeling you were going to have a double delight!

Marcellus - good luck on keeping bubs sex a secret, lol there is no way we would have been able to.

Well this is my 4th day of having constant contractions but still not painful so still obviously not in labour but I don't no how much longer this can go on because I am absolutely exhausted.

I am seeing dr tomorrow so hopefully he can tell me what's happening.
    I think bub is annoyed too as she is squirming after every contraction so I think she's exhausted too.

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 34
    Second chlomid / IUI March 2007 -

Ktgirl I found eating small amounts of food many times a day really helped my m/s. I hope you start to feel better soon although it is a very good reminder that all is going very well with bub. I gave Sage a big hug from his " Aunty Kate" lol.

Jo I hope your Ob can shed some light on whats happening hun. Take care and try and rest as much as posible, cause when bub arrives you really don't get much chance to rest

I thimk I spoke to soon about Sage sleeping lol. The night before last he decided it would be fun to wake every hour on the hour. And last night he woke every 3 hours which wasn't as bad. Oh the joys and I have to say that I wouldn't change it for the world. He is just so cute( will have to figure out how to put a photo on here one day). He is still feeding well and he gets the hicups an awful lot but they don't seem to bother him. He had them all the time when he was in my womb too.

Dh is coping very well. The first night was hard for him as Sage was awake so often and dh woke up with every cry or noise but he has been able to sleep through most other nights. He is such a good help though. As soon as he gets home from work he's straight in the shower and then comes and takes Sage off my hands for a while although he hasn't changed a nappy yet. I'm still working on that one lol.

I hope everyone is doing well and Congrats Zap on growing twins. How exciting for you guys.

Hope all goes well with the OB Jo. The constant contractions must be annoying, even if they aren't painful. I hope this means you're getting a really good warm up so labour will go 'easily'.

Lovely to hear about Sage Mako. Sounds like you guys are doing well well, sleep or no sleep

Take care all

New thread and a new name!
    It's still me though...just had an identity crisis. It seems to be contagious atm.

DJ - Hope it goes well at the Ob. You have had it a rough for the pregnancy, and all these contractions must be a bit frustrating and tiring. There will be a BA very soon form you i'm sure.

Mako - Oh, I love hearing your little updates. (And Monnie's too) Your life must be so different now. I'm so excited for you - even if you are a little sleep deprived!

Marcellus - Another little boy from our thread. Someone better start having little girls...or our little boys will never get married and move out!

Our big news is that my sister got settlement on her house brought forward by almost a month...she'll be moving out in about 3 weeks. Ahhh, our old life back. DH and i won't know what to say to each other!

to everyone and hope you all have a great slide into the weekend.

Hey guys

So lovely to read everyone's news...

Lenny...congratulations on the new name!!! That's great news about your sister...it will be so lovely for you guys to have your home back again.

I know DH and I are very much looking forward to moving home again (only 4 more weeks until renovations are finished)

Marcellus...congratulations on your little boy! Boys are great fun! You're with Dr Thyer, right? How's it going?

Jo...OHHHHHH!!!! Very exciting! Wishing you some relief, chickie...but I guess it's good news that your body is getting REALLY ready!

Zap...congratulations on twins! Fantastic news!

Ktgirl...sorry to hear your not feeling great. Hope it passes really quickly. Hang in there!

Ltl Panda...hope you're doing well, chickie!

Kimbe...how's it going?

Mako...so love hearing about little Sage. Well done on the feeding! That's great! Felix gets the hiccups lots too (he also got them alot in the womb!) Yeah...the sleep issues can be interesting!!! Although I can't complain at all...Felix is sleeping 8-10 hours at night sometimes!!! He started that at about 8-9 weeks...occasionally he goes back to 5 hours...but even that is good! One thing I found really helped is cluster feeding. I give Felix about 3 feeds within 4.5 hours before he goes to bed at 8:30pm...seems to help...especially with dealing with the grizzly time between 5-8pm...

To everyone else I've missed...sorry...hoping everything is going fantastically!

Mako and Monnie, its unbelievable, I remember not long ago when my pregnancy was confirmed and I jumped on and followed your stories daily, now you both graduated and have beautiful babies, so happy for you both.

Zap, I had a feeling you were going to have twins, HCG level was very high, I am so happy for you, I wish you all the best.

Ohhh lenny, I like it.... I am glad that you will be free in 3 weeks, lets just hope all goes to plan.

Jo, so close but not close enough.

all other chicks, hope you are doing well.

Monnie and Mako - it's so lovely hearing about Felix and Sage i might be delirious but can't wait till end of Feb when i can feed & hold my little girl at all hours of the night several times over! And Mako...i'll be spending my days just watching her as you do with Sage, I think that sounds like a wonderful way to spend your day!

Lenny - congrat's on the sister settlement and the pending normality of you and DH home alone again

Marcellous - i'm so happy for you and your little man, and you're right, not associating the gender to bub is hard, the number of people i've dropped it too without thinking...but you know, some of them don't even catch on, it's really weird!

Well all's going well at my end. Went shopping today and caved in buying some little pink things (despite not really needing any more clothes for bubba at this point!). They're the 1st real girly things we've got other than a little white dress when we were initially told...i still have the nerves that the Midwife will say in Feb/March upon delivery "Meet your little boy!" So just as a precaution, that is definately it for pink girly clothes just incase.

Otherwise, don't know about you guys but i'm having the fun challenge each morning finding appropriate clothes for work, lots of tops, but pants with only partial flies being done up iykwim...invested in a maternity skirt this afternoon - but i could only find one i liked and felt comfortable in, everything else just seemed awkward. I'm still only small, but given so were my clothes prior to pg, they aren't exactly coping! Will have to expand the search before the belly expands LOL

Anyway, Dh just called, we're having Thai (YUM!!), so must ring through the order for him to pick up. Have a great weekend everyone....DJ hope you have some answers and the contractions either subside or lead to a wonderful safe and healthy early labour!

Mako - it's so good to hear that your Dh is being a big help although I did have a giggle re: nappy changing.
    My Dh says he's never changing a nappy but our midwife at our antenatel classes said they make the dad's do it, he he.
    I think it's the least the dad's can do after what we go through, mind you Dh also always said he would never be in the birthing suite & now just try & keep him away.

Lenny - wow what a relief it must be knowing you will very soon have the house to yourselves again.

Monnie - well done on getting Felix to sleep so well, I've heard other mum's say cluster feeding is a good idea before bed.
    Feel free to give us any advice you want.

Kimbe - I had problems with clothes not fitting really early on as well, I found Mother & Me to be a great shop for good fitting maternity clothes I am in Perth though so I'm not sure if you have that shop.
    When you get bigger though K-mart believe it or not is the next best shop for maternity clothes, I found Pumpkin Patch to be quite hopeless.

I went to dr today & he just said again that yes she will probably be coming soon & that all these contractions were actually a good thing (hmmm I'd like to see him have them, lol) & that yes it should make labour a bit easier.

He said he is happy to induce me at 38 weeks but I just don't know about that as I've heard so many negative things about inducing on bb.

I guess I will just see how I go over the next few days, hopefully I will in the very near future go into labour myself & not have to worry about it! (and before I get to exhausted).

I didn't get a good chance to ask alot about inducing either as he had to rush off to deliver a little one.

Maybe I will have to have some alone time with Dh on the weekend to spur things on iykwim!!!

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 34
    Second chlomid / IUI March 2007 -

Hi everyone, I have missed sooo much happening on here since I was last on.
    I am having a hard time catching up with everyones goings on!!!
    Firstly to Mako, CONGRATS to you, your DH and little Sage on a safe arrival. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I read about his dramatic arrival: so glad he is safe now. You sound like you are nearly on top of everything which is great news, keep going !
    Jo, Have you heard of "sweeping the waters"? maybe you could get the midwife/ob to do that next time you see them. It is a more gentle way of inducement: not actually rupturing the waters just giving them a nudge....Good luck sweety. I hope you get some action before you run out of energy. how on earth do you get any sleep? cant wait to hear your news.
    Sorry everyone else, I'm not up to personals much today as I have too much to catch up on you all!
    Me: 9 1/2weeks to go. I am getting very big and am still off the scale with my fundl measurements but GP says not to worry till 36 weeks when we may have a scan to see if the baby is big or there is a lot of fluid... All going well besides that. I have been busy lately with working 4 full on days a week while my boss is away and meetings for squash etc. in the evenings, so that I have been to tired to even come on here and chat with my mates!!!! That has to stop!!! I am supposed to be doing 2 1/2days week, not all together but my boss is already asking me to swap around in a week or so and I am thinking I might have to just say NO MORE! and give up altogether soon.
    Will endeavor to be online more to do personals soon. I promise!!!! Plus I want to hear how Jo goes!!!!!
    Catch you soon.
    Sazz

Sazz - good to hear from you - I still remember your pg announcement ...can't believe you are 30 weeks already. Hope work eases up on you, although giving up altogether sounds like a great idea!

Kimbe - I am very jealous of you. I am officially out of all of my 'old' clothes. And to be honest...I hate it! I was a slim person with very fitting clothes - and now my skirts look silly going 'over the bump'. I am wearing a pair of borrowed jeans which fit for now - and i bought a belly band today so that i can wear some other pants with the buttons undone. I have seen lots of nice maternity tops...but pants/skirts etc aren't that nice. I found a pair of nice-ish maternity jeans in Myer, but i was feeling really teary as it was, and i couldn't buy them as i was so upset. Stupid aye!

morning ladies,

Sorry for no personals but a little worried today.

I have felt "normal" for the past three days now and I am worried. No M/S at all BB'S only a little sore and a tiny bit of cramping. I had M/S so bad for the last few wekks all day long that I am alarmed that it has all but disapeared. Should i call my Doc or wait for my scan in another two weeks?

Sorry for the selfish post.

Racheal

Zap -
    I could tell you not to worry - everything will be fine. But we all know that that is not going to help when you are up worrying late at night!

If you were here at my 7/8 week mark you would have read exactly the same post from me. All the lovely girls here (and my DH) tried to gently nudge me to have a quick scan done...but i did the complete opposite and stuck my head in the sand and fretted and worried for weeks.

With hindsight I wish i had the scan done - or at least phoned the doc.

So, I'm going to gently nudge you to call or visit the doc.

But if you don't - i understand. I didn't have the courage to do it.

Good Luck, and I really do think all will be fine for you!

Hey Zap, I think having symptoms come and go is pretty common, but Lenny's advice is good.

How'd things go this weekend Jo - any luck getting things started with your DH?

Wow Sazz, it won't be long till we're waiting on your birth announcement. good luck with work.

Great to hear how things are going with you Mako and Monnie and always good to hear any hints/advice.

I've given up on 'normal' clothes and have moved to maternity pants as of several weeks ago - nothing else fits. A friend of mine suggested I just buy things 2 sizes too big, but no way will that work. sigh. Jelly always kicks me when i wear my 'looser' pants, right where the band sticks into my belly - they're comfortable enough to me, but he doesn't like them apparently. tops are easy though with the current fashions - practically the same as in the maternity shops but way cheaper. I'm lucky in that I don't need workwear too. That would be a real pain.

Big hello to everyone - hope you had a good weekend

Hi Girls, Thought I should post in here now that we are finally expecting #2. Still seems a little unreal ATM, hopefully it will feel a little different in a week and a half when we have our u/s.

Am yet to go and find a preggie ticker, will go searching tomorrow for one.
    Looking forward to getting to know you all, some of you I already know. Jo (Lenny) just noticed your name change! Thanks so much for your PM the other day

Nic

Congratulations and welcome to this lovely thread Nic

Yay nic!

So good to see a new arrival...wishing you a very happy and healthy pg. After all that Synarel...you must feel better already!

OMG Yes! It's so nice to not have to stuff something up my nose twice a day anymore, but also weird in a way. I did it for about 4 months, so feels like I'm missing something LOL!

Nic

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast