Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - Oct / Nov 05

Debbie Lee Guest

Gabby- just popping in once again to catch up on how you are going. Love the painting! You are so clever!
    LOL @ you being able to paint on walls because you are a grown-up now I still wouldn't attempt it as I have about as much artistic talent as a rock! Wow @ munchy being 3 weeks larger than he "should" be. It's funny... I always thought Gabby was going to be around 7lbs but my last growth ultrasound predicted 8lbs 11oz! Man... did I freak! She was born 8lbs on the nose so they got it pretty spot on.
    It's great that you have enjoyed your pregnancy. You certainly deserved to have a fantastic time with all that you went through to conceive. Oooo I am so excited! Gonna pop in heaps more over the next few weeks to keep an eye on you!

Afternoon all,

Tiff ~ oh Hon how are you feeling luckily it will be Dec before you can blink .... ](*,) they have already told me that insulin will be on the cards for me in the not to distant future i have all the SX of being GD the thirst is the one i can't take getting the shikky shakes (as i call them ) when my BSL drops is always fun too but we will wait and see what they have in store for me i suppose

Shell ~ i am loving my doppler i am feeling so much less stressed about it all now how are you doing ??

Gabby ~ the room looks wonderful you did such a great job .. how are you feeling ??

on the blue /pink betting

Shell pink

Mel blue

Sushee Blue

Me pink i will find out on the 8th Dec 8-[ maybe

big hi to every one else

oh and BTW i have started to feel Bub moving another reassurance yay

tiggy Guest

YAY Shazz on the baby moving!!!!

I think Pink for you too!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Double post by accident! Please see below!

Heehee!

love
    sushee

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi again Jackie (Rosebud) and welcome to the thread! As for being paranoid, I sure as h*ll am still paranoid even at almost 17 weeks. I don't know when it stops, maybe when you're at Gabby's stage, four weeks away from birth! Lol!

As for symptoms, I had ms and tiredness, but these disappeared almost overnight at about 11.5 weeks, about the same time I felt bub move for the first time. Then I started to stress about lack of movement if I didn't feel bub for more than 8 hours! It never ends...

Jo, as nice as it is to see your kitties grow, it's also kinda sad, isn't it, that they're not kittens anymore? Have told DH that ours are going to have to be trained not to sleep in our bed anymore from about December. They currently get under the covers and stay there all night. But they're not small now and if they think it's okay to do that with us, they may well do it to baby in it's cot, so the bedroom's got to be offlimits to them soon.

Shazz
    , I'm glad you're feeling better about things lately. And how exciting that you can feel bub move now! You too Shell. Gosh it's all going so fast!

Gabby, you're like this amazing superwoman whizz with the decorating! My only dictate from DH is that we need to change the carpetting in the house, and even that job seems too overwhelming to think about.

Tiff,
    poor sweet with the insulin. My sister had GD and she hated the *****s and needles and stuff. I feel for you.

Tam
    , yay on what sounds like a wonderful holiday! DH and I are going down to the South West for 5 days late Nov/early Dec, staying at the Abbey Beach Resort. Our last fling before the bub comes. Were thinking about resurrecting our plans to go to Melb, but money and his concern about me flying nixed it. Oh well!

Amy
    , I'm not good at gender prediction either! I like that it's going to be a surprise though. I hope you're been feeling fine and am taking care of yourself, and that the hayfever isn't knocking you about too much.

Mel
    , it's nice to see you about lately. Not long until your scan and apple will be know as Master Apple or Miss Apple!

Sal, missing you! Stop studying for a minute and come say hi!

So proud of my monster post of personals. I hope I haven't missed anyone! We need more graduates from the LT threads!

love
    sushee

Hi Girls!!

Very proud to say I managed to get some more piccies up on the website and also a new one of my big, fat belly taken today!!

Rosebud - welcome !! Congratulations on finally succeeding, cannot wait to hear how your scan goes in a couple of weeks!! How exciting. As to the anxiety - well, I would love to tell you that Sush is right and at this stage I am reeeeally relaxed, but well, no. I still worry, I still wait for him to move, but overall, Sush is right, it does get a little less stressful particularly I found after the 20w U/S, once I knew Munchy was healthy, growing as he should and they did not find anything untoward. So just hang in there!! I too did not have too many symptoms - certainly no boob symptoms, just a bit of nighttime nausea and that was it. Whilst worrysome, it is a blessing really, because you hear some horror stories about what some ladies go through in the first and second trimester... so, in retrospect I feel happy about it (probably wasn't then though!!).

Jo - yep, plastic sheet is funny. It is definitely a funny feeling sleeping on something that rustles all night long, but you just wait!! Your turn on the slippery sheet is coming!! LOL!! How are you going otherwise??

TamB - good to see you about. Hope your results came in nice and negative for the GTT.

Debbie - thanks so much for popping in to check up on me!! You are so sweet!! As to the baby size - well, all will be revealed in a few weeks I figure, so no point in stressing about it - this is what I have decided!! Hmm, wonder how I will waver as it comes closer..... How is everything with you a the little one! Babies first Xmas - How exciting!!

Babydreams - thanks for the lovely comment on the room! We are almost there! Feeling well otherwise, just getting to that a little bit awkward stage where not many things are terribly comfortable and well, my feet have joined the land of the hippos, LOL!! But they should be back in a few weeks I am told, so I will just hang out for that one.

Sush - thank you too for such lovely comments about the decorating. I love playing with my house, although I have not drawn anything other than operation diagrams since high school, so was a bit worried about stuffing up the baby room with the painting. But, well, it turned out OK, except maybe of big bird who is supposed to be a pelican, but well, kids can be forgiving!! Hope all is going fabulously well with you!

I am sure I have missed lots of people - I am so sorry.... bellyrubs and hugs to all of you though!!

Had my Obs appt today - he tells me the baby is fully engaged with the head well and truly down my pelvis. He thinks that my 4 hour contraction scare last week was the head engaging - apparently this can happen, and he said that it is not unusual to get runs of these contractions pre birth, so he said not to worry if I have more of them. Says baby is still very big, but he is happy with my progress and all - says it is and has been a textbook pregnancy to date. Oh, and he said that I will have a fantastic labour (qualified with 'that does not mean that it is not going to hurt and stuff...').

Onto weekly visits from now.

Oh, and had to have those lovely vaginal swabs done today for the groupB strep. Soooo sexy!!

Well, I better potter off, and cook us an early dinner as we have the body corporate meeting tonight and so need to eat before!

Take care,

Debbie Lee Guest

Woo hoo for Munchy being engaged, Gab! He's a clever little sausage for figuring out that's the way to go. Those swabs are just divine, aren't they? By the time you come out of the hospital with Munchy, you'll feel like every Tom, **** and Harry has peered up there n e way so the pre-birth stuff will seem like a holiday, LOL. You're belly is lookin' good! And I personally think the pelican is pretty darn good! Doesn't look like Big Bird at all!
    Gabby is going well. Yes... we are all excited for her first Chrissy. She even has a gorgeous little blue dress with matching knickers to wear on the day (I went with blue because her eyes remained blue). I am hoping she has more hair by then but I am not counting my chickens!
    Have fun tonight (if that's possible!).

hhmmm seems a consensus about PINK for Sush, alas we all have to wait though !

Hi girls,

well, I've had a lovely time looking at all your websites. I'm just soooooo happy for you all. Jo, get some bloody piccies up of your belly girl!!

I can't believe that Gab is about to pop!! It only seems a few weeks back when you announced you were pg and were still calling Munchie "Tac"!!

The time is rapidly coming up for me to start TTC for #2. Pup is 4 months old now and is growing and changing way too fast. Sometimes brings a ear to my eye. We had his christening last Sunday - had a lovely day. Will post some photos on the website (which needs a serious overhaul - it still looks like a pg site!!). Anyway, Pup is now 5.9kg (or 13lb 2 oz in the old money) and is 60 cm long. Today we "retired" his 000 Bonds jumpsuits. Just a bit too tight. Had to buy 00 size at Target. This was one of my teary moments of him growing up too fast (also when he goes up a size in nappies!!)

Well, I just thought I'd pop in and drop you all a line and let you know I'm thinking of you all.

Lotsa luv

Hayseed

Wow Hayseed thinking of number 2 - that's fantastic. Glad to hear your wee boy is growing fast.

Gab - The nursery looks brilliant, just missing the baby! Not long now... I'm so excited! I've managed to put the first coat of paint on the nursery and that wore me out so need to find the energy to keep going on it now.

I'm going to get a freize done at the signwriters for around the wall that is a nursery rhyme but just need to think of one - preferably themed around animals...any suggestions anyone?

Sush - nice post, very impressive!

Love to everyone else!

Hayseed, just had another look at your website - what a perfect, gorgeous baby Thomas is! Can I order one of them please?!!

Gab YAY for Munchy and the room looks great.

Hay, that's so exciting about TTC #2 soon.

Hope everyone is well.

OB checkup this morning. Weigh in was 66kg, only 1 kg in 3 weeks and a totoal of 10kg total for the pregnancy so far. Very happy with this. Rylee's HB was 140 and Declan's 150, fundal height = 36weeks. All my tests came back clear, which is great. BP also great. I start steriod injections on Monday for the babies, to mature their lungs in case they do come early. So everything is going swell.

Morning Girls!

Just doing the pregnant thing and sitting in front of the computer very early on Saturday morning, because I cannot sleep - sore hips, sore nether regions and pubic bones and a very active little munchy!! (love it, love it, I do!!).

So, just thought I would see all is well with everyone!

Hay - Thomas is sooooo cute. Cannot believe that you will be TCCing again in a couple of months! Wow!! Hopefully though, you have discoverred that magic formula with the prog, estrogen and stuff you were on with Thomas, and your TCC journey will be short and sweet. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you. Does this mean you have just about finished breast feeding?? Are your cycles back?? (Just keeping notes, because we want to start TCCing #2 at around 6 or so months post birth, if my cycles return etc. Thought we'd give it a go for a 6 months naturally till Munchy is a year or so, and if we don't succeed then think about IVF again...... praying that it'll happen somehow....)

Keen - how are you going this cycle??

Sush - a pink concensus hey?? Is that your feeling too? Do you prefer a little girl or a little man??

NZGirl - well done on starting the nursery!! We kind of didn't do anything about it, and then realised, shoot, we are 34 weeks ... better go and buy some stuff and paint the room!! So we made all our purchases at 34 weeks, and started the room then too! Oh, and my contraction scare last week (which the obs reckons was the head engaging) made me address the bag situation. So, that only leaves the car seats and capsule now.... Don't actually know any nursery rhymes - I know, very sad, and I better learn some, so cannot help with the freize, I am sorry.... Hope you are swimmingly well otherwise!!

TamB - glad all is well with Declan and Rylee!! I cannot believe how time flies and how far along you are already! Well done! I am thrilled that all your tests are excellent, sounds as though you are having a textbook pg also! Will you be having an elective caesar or will you try a natural delivery? How are the preparations going??

Big hello to everyone else!! Hope you are having a lovely sleep in this morning!

Thanks Amy and Gab for saying that Pup is cute. We think so!!!!

Gab, nah my cycles haven't returned yet (no sign of AF) and I am still fully BFing Pup (hence why no AF!). I'm thinking that once we start the little man on solids and he drops off a bit on the breast milk, maybe my cycles will return. Dr said that I may have to stop BFing if I want AF to come in order to get pg again. We'll just have to see. I have pretty much resolved to not start TTC before 6 months, because I don't want to give up BFing totally before then. After 6 months and he is on solids, I will probably be less regimented about it all. After all, he won't be 100% reliant on me.

Tam/Gab, get those bags packed and stuff. I went in much earlier than anticipated and was almost caught out!!!

Amy, I don;t know any nursery rhymes with lots of animals in it. Some songs though...
    Old MacDonald had a farm;
    The old lady who swallowed a fly/spider/bird/cat/dog/goat/cow/horse;
    ummm... that's about all I know.

Best go. Pup is crying..... Ahh, your time is not your own.

Hayseed

Gab, OMG at all the paintings they are fantastic!! No wonder you're a good surgeon, you are great with your hands.

Good Lovely Monday Morning Ladies!!

See, I can say that now, I get to stay home.... keep thinking, normally I would have been at work for about 3 hours now, done a round, started operating, would be starving because I wouldn't have eaten breakfast, probably had one kind of disaster or another happen already..... Hmmm, instead, I woke up at 7am, instead of 5, had coffee in bed rather than in the bathroom whilst getting ready, had breakfast ! and with hubby too!!, and so far, the only disaster in my day is how many loads of washing I need to do!! LOL!! How lazy does my morning sound!

For all of you still at work, my sincere condolences, LOL!!

Hay - yep, I think you are right, I had better finish packing the bags! Munchy's is ready, its just ours that is lagging behind. I hope that you get a BFP quickly after you start trying in a couple of months or so! Are you excited about it?? Thomas should be starting solids about now ??? I agree about the breastfeeding thing. I am hopeful, if I can breastfeed, to keep going till about then too. I will be on leave till mid July next year, by then Munchy should be 7 goinng onto 8 months old, so timing should work out just right.

Sas - thanks for the compliment about the painting. I had not painted anything since high school, so was a bit worried about stuffing up, but it all turned out well in the end!! I just wanted the room to look really happy, just to reflect how happy we are to finally be having a little bub of our own. Just have to deliver him safely lol!! So, now for the personal question... are you thinking of #2 yet?? I notice Gwen (Welshgirl) is back TCCing #2, so that is just amazing. I keep remembering we were all trying for #1 at the same time, and here we are.....

Where is everyone else ladies??

Hope you are all resting, and being looked after!

Speak soon,

Hello!
    Though it was about time I said hello in here, though I've been watching for a while...

Gab I'm sure you'll get used to relaxing and drinking coffee in bed. I remember back on those last few weeks at home as a very special time with just me and my belly. Enjoy it!

Good morning all

Gab the room looks great!!! So good to see you around here a little more. I am hoping for a natural delivery as ATM both babies are head down. but anything can happen between now and delivery time.

Hay I have started packing my hospital bag now.

Well I had my first steriod injection today, in my buttocks!! It was ok though. I have also updated the website again, Journal and photos.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast