Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - September 2005

Sal Guest

Hi girls!

Blue, I'm so sorry about your BT result. I wish for a miracle for you, but my thoughts are with you. Your email seemed quite upbeat, so I hope you are doing OK.

Gab! How wonderful to hear from you, and your post makes up for your absence! OMG at you being a) 28w already, b) having a big belly and c) being the very next LT TTC gal about to have a bub. It must be hard, doing all your hours plus being on your feet so much, glad to hear that you *only* have 6 weeks to go. Can't wait to see your belly bump piccie. And your progress pics of your nursery, too. You must be busy, doing a quilt and pics and everything. I love seeing other people's nurseries, they always look so cute.

As for me, well my tummy is looking mighty podgy, it's like a fat gut that I just can't hold in anymore. It doesn't really look preg yet, so still a couple of weeks to go. BUT: I have started to feel the little man kick me! It feels amazing, I wish he would do it all the time, at the moment he seems to do it when I'm sitting in a chair (and slouching) so he's probably trying to tell me to improve my posture. Hehehe Gab at your little man kicking and punching you to move positions, how cheeky and cute!

OK must go and think about dinner plans.

Hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend.

Gab - so great to hear from you! Bet things are really starting to become very very real for you. I just cant wait to see pics of your little Munchy! I miss talking to you guys more regularly too. Hopefully I will be in here before you are all long gone!

Sal - Yay for you feeling the little man - that must be a wonderful feeling =D>

Blue - am still [-o< for you, sweetie.

I am thinking about doing something pretty big - is still in the ideas and research stage - but would love to hear all your opinions HERE

tiggy Guest

Gab,

So glad to hear from you and to know that everything is going along so well in regards to Munchy. Sounds a bit horrible for you though and I can't imagine working the hours that you do or doing the things that you do whilst pg. I am still working, but my last shift is on the 7th October at 24 weeks. The following week we start all the foetal ECG's on the twins to make sure that everything is okay with their hearts, when I say 'to make sure' I know that recent research suggests that only 23% of all cardiac abnormalities are picked up on the ECG but it's still more than the regular morph scan and I guess they are going in knowing that they are specifically looking for aortic stenosis, so that has got to be in our favour too. My belly is large, fundal height measuring around the 25cm mark already but I can still get around ok. The two major problems for me at work are the swollen ankles and the constant UTIs that I get after night duty and there has been alot of night duty lately. *SIGH*. I am looking forward to finishing up although the money will be very tight over Christmas but thems the breaks. With William I scraped in at 31 weeks and I was dead on my feet! They wouldn't put me in birthing suite because I was on automatic pilot!! So I think 24 weeks with twins will do me just fine. I was at uni when I had the first set, so had alot of time to rest and relax, obviously not the case these days!

Had a bit of a scare on Saturday night with a bleed and what I felt were 'braxton hicks' contractions, not painful but tight, IYKWIM. but it stopped and when I listened in on the babies, they seemed to be ok. Having a midwife visit tomorrow, so hopefully I will feel less stressed by then. Probably just the UTI flaring up again.

Wow, I have rabbited on to you now, I hope that everything for you continues to be good and it won't be long until you meet your little guy! How exciting! You have to get that nursery started!!!! Take care, Gab and don't work too hard!! LOL, like that is going to happen!

Hey Guys

Hate to be a downer but have had the worst weekend. On Friday our two kittens got hit by a car. Max was killed instantly and we rushed Ralph to the vet, he had a fractured pelvis and a badly broken leg and was unconscious. We waited 24 hours for him to come around but it wasn't to be and had to put him to sleep on Saturday night. So we lost both our precious babies. As you can imagine it has been a devastating time, both too young and precious to go so soon. We will miss them dreadfully but take some comfort in the fact they are together and running round in kitten heaven together.

Take care everyone.

Oh amy i am so sorry thats horrible poor little puss cats ....

Awww Amy :hugs:

Sal Guest

Amy, so sorry to hear about your kittens, that is devastating and awful. *huge hug*

Tiff, glad to hear that your scare was resolved. Yuck on the UTIs, I know what they're like and when pg it must awful (especially being at work with the irritation and urge to pee all the time). Yay on you finishing up at 24 weeks, gives you something to really look forward to.

Hi Keen, your idea sounds very interesting. I think it would be refreshing to see an Australian slant put on the whole TTC experience, as everything is always American. Have got everything crossed for your FET, hope you join us soon.

Blue I am so sorry.

Amy I am sorry about your pussy cats.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Amy,

I'm so sorry to hear about the pussy cats. It's so hard losing your furbabies, I know.

Blue, posted to you in the LT TTC forum. I'm sorry about your results and hope you're back occupyng your pew in no time.

Gabby, it's so nice to see you back. Can't believe you're only 12 weeks away from Munchy's arrival! I can't believe you're still working too!

My boss told me the other day that she'd like me to work up until 36 weeks if I could, despite govt generally having a policy that requires you to give up work at 34 weeks at the latest. She said that if I got a gyno's letter letting me stay, that I could. Didn't have the heart to tell her that I was thinking of starting my leave from 30 weeks! Lol!

love
    sushee

tiggy Guest

Thanks Sal,

Yeah, I'm counting down already. I hate money issues but I hate working while pregnant more. Last pg was so stressful and I found those last weeks really difficult to focus on the women, which is essentially, my job.

WOw I can't believe your ticker, girl, you are moving along!! Past halfway now. Have you started to get a nursery ready yet?

Tam, Only two days to go until your morph scan, how are you feeling? Still got double spout vibes??

Sushee, I hope you don't have to work until 36 weeks. I had a friend who worked up until 38 weeks and she said she would never do that again. She finished her last shift, thinking that she had a couple of weeks to unwind but went into labour the next day!! Nothing was ready. 30 weeks sounds good to me.

Shazz, how are you going?

Melbo, how is that M/S?

Amy, so sorry to hear about your little kitties, you must be so devastated.

Jo, how are you going? Sorry to see that you are upset re; the ticker business, hope you are not away too long, you will be missed! I know though that things like that can really pull at your heartstrings, especially when pg!

Oh Blue, I'm sooo sorry to hear that, your pew will definitely be here & warm.
    Shaz, that's great to put your mind at ease. Headaches, yep, me too, however I get them often anyhow, occasionally I'll take a panadol to take the edge of it, but that's it. Sometimes a wet flannel & a sleep help too, but not if your at work.
    Sush, good to know that your all sorted re: hosp & obgyn.
    Tiff, awesome on feeling the littleun(s). Hope that ECG puts your mind at ease. Whats an aortic stenosis & UTI? Yikes about the scare, hope all is well.
    Jo, great about hearing both h/beats on the doppler.
    Sal, must be great to be past the half way mark.
    Gab, wow, you are so close & yet sooo busy. Yikes on the carpal tunnel whilst operating & being on your feet all day. I had endoscopic carpal tunnel release surgery done on my right hand in Dec, which improved things, but didn't fix the soreness/pain & few mths later tingling was starting to come back, so now I lie my hand on a pillow, making sure it's above my heart, so blood doesn't pool. Have noticed it getting bit worse lately, assume due to the pregnancy & I'm a programmer, so do nothing but type all day, but I only do 40hrs/wk + 130km drive/day, not as long hours as you. I still don't know how u do it.
    Amy, hope that cold clears real quick. So sorry to hear about your kitties, it's not fair when people/pets go too early.

Well got to see my friends bubby Sat arvo, as finally recovered from my cold, (also from NZ, hehe). He is soooo adorable & tiny (well 7pnd 7oz, but alot smaller than my nephew was, which was 9pnd 3oz) & kept making little noises in his sleep, can't wait for my turn. Is it just my imagination, or is it that everyone in this thread has had a boy or is having a boy, or don't know the sex yet? Spotted again Sat night & again Sun arvo, appears to have cleared again, it was just like a fortnight ago, except a little more, but then again, I would be due for my 2nd AF, so won't worry unless it persists. Just found out that yes my obgyn (aptmt 12/9) is a member of my health fund, so no out of pocket expenses for delivery, but $2000 cost to pay @ 20-30wks (or earlier if I wish) & it's claimable using Medicare Safety Net, which I've already met for this calendar year, so should only be out of pocket a little. Tiff, the delivery roster is: Schumack, Nesbitt, Spielsbury, Lowe & Hicks. Girlfriend was with Hicks, but Lowe delivered him & she said he was great. Bought a pram, car seat (fisher price, with extra padded insert), 4 maternity items & a few books on Sat from a friend at work, whom originally said she had everything, oh well. Then on Sun, my sis gave me heaps of my nephew's bubby clothes, she only wants some back. Looked in mirror this morning & noticed my blue spider veins are much more prominent now above my bb's, near shoulders & down arms & if I hold my arms out, they are just so blue, look yucky, but they'll go eventually.

Sarah, can you please update my details, thanks:
    Ultrasound Dates: 20/8, 31/8, 4/10

Sorry for the long post everyone...hope your all doin well. :-)

Hope to see all the LT TTC girls in here quick smart. Trying to keep up with 4 threads, so haven't had a chance to check in on you.

evening Ladies,

i will probably be missing for a wee while i am waiting on BT results which will hopefully be in tomorrow and Doc has ordered a scan for friday due to pains that can't be explained away so they are checking for EP or his other theroy is i have a cyst ( i go with this one ) so i am willing to take and good luck Vibes from any where i am just going to try and relax and concentrate on keeping this bub/s where it is

Sal Guest

Shazz, I'm sending heaps of :bluestick: inkstick: let's hope your pains are either not preg-related.

tiggy Guest

Shazz,

Me too, possum, keeping everything crossed for ligament pain. :luck: :luck:

Sending you lots of :bluestick: inkstick:

Good luck Shaz, hopes it's nothing to worry about.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Shazz,

hope everything is well with you and that the pains are just bub growing. Sending heaps of good luck vibes your way!

love
    sushee

Hi ladies,
    ( sorry for the cut and paste if you have come from the PGML thread )

well i have probably another stupid question but here goes
    I got MY BT results back today and out of the 3 test i have had over 7 days this is how it goes

1st BT monday 29th aug = 828
    2ndBT Friday 2nd sept =2793
    3rdBT Monday 5th sept =8100

to me ( and i am no doctor) i didn't think your levels went up with a EP they stayed rather low so whats your thoughts
    so now we wait till friday for the scan ..... and just to let you all know that i have offically left my senses godknows where ..... my sister is trying her best to make me hear sense when i get on my irrational fear factor ride ... and i belive me friends are sick to death of me stressing and crying and all those good things that come with fear so i am going to try and stay postive and not stress over every little thing, twinge and so forth and so forth etc etc promise

Sal Guest

Shazz, those numbers look really good. I thought the same as you, that EP meant that HcG stayed low. I really think you'll be fine...if your doc felt strongly that you might have an EP you'd have had a scan yesterday, they don't wait for these things. As it is, when you have a scan on friday, you'll be able to see your little bean and hopefully also see the heart beating. It is impossible for you not to worry, but come Friday you'll be very much more reassured.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast