Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC ~ December 2006

~Jane~ Guest

I think I must be the only one not telling yet, all a bit of a long story, but I am more than happy to let them know after 12 weeks

Postive thoughts...stick with that. I try and push every other thought out of my head and think only of all the girlfriends I have that have NOT had any issues at all with their pgs.

I started thinking about what OB I'd used coz I know my FS doesn't stay with you after 6 weeks if everythings looking good. So I called my Gyno who is also an OB and would you believe he's not doing bubbas next year after June.....So I had alook on BB and there were a few good threads about Pregs Pillay so I called his rooms, recenptionst was great. So really planning ahead here (and thinking positively) I now have my OB and the hospital of my choice. I figure if my FS has anything additonal to add then I can always change/cancel my booking. But I'm quite positive - this person sounds great. Reality is starting to setle in....oh mabe thats the nausea I'm feeling at the moment.

Jane I so am trying not too. Caught up with a vry good friend last night...who knows we were on IVF, she asked when my transfer was so I said oh a couple of weeks ago so we should know in a week or so. Then I'll have to put off from catching up with her! Hpefully by then I would be at least 8 weeks....
    Last edited by *Hope*; December 7th, 2006 at 09:57 AM.

jane - glad to hear your appointment went well with the OB. And I can totally understand holding off telling people - I felt I had to tell my Mum but she spent the next 7 weeks in a state of complete anxiety waiting for me to get to 12 weeks, having already lost one grandchild in utero a few months earlier. so then I was worried about her and me. If I'd had a choice I would have not told anyone.

On the other hand half your luck girls if you have people around you that are in complete ignorant bliss about these things and just wish you well and don't unnecessarily worry for you....

BTW - my ob said that at 12 weeks there is a 99% chance that you will take home a baby at the end of your pregnancy. He also said that that statistic is pretty much the same if you reach 10 weeks. So not long to go for you now Jane.

Hey Everyone

Monnie: that was a really fun way of telling everyone. I would do the same with my dogs except I am pretty sure that would eat the bib before anyone would get to see it.

I have told the people that new I was doing IVF, but I really worried about telling other people, especially when I am not that confidant about it myself. My DH wants to tell his entire family (auntys, uncles, cousins) at Christmas because we are flying there to see them and wouldn't see them again until after the due date. He is really close with them all but if something happened I don't know if I could handle everyone knowing.

Well at least I am having to make this decision this Christmas, makes a nice change from nothing to tell!

Hey guys

Hope I didn't sound like I think everyone should tell...absolutely not! I totally understand not telling...I think it's very much a personal choice...and you need to do what suits you.

Cheers to all...

Monnie - absolutely! And half your luck - it is so exciting to be able to tell people!

When are you new girls going to get some tickers???

How do I get a ticker?

Here's the thread to tell you how to do it...
    http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=159

I got my through snugglepie (just look at the beginning part of my ticker link to figure out the actual address).

You then need to register (it's free)...
    then design your ticker...
    then get the hmtl code
    copy it...
    come back to BB...
    go to user options...
    go to edit signature...
    press the link button (and a little box will come up)...
    then add your new link...
    preview your signature to make sure it looks right...
    and voila!!!

~Jane~ Guest

Monnie - not at all. The main reason I am not saying anything is my Mum has a habit of not respecting my wishes when I ask her not to repeat stuff, so I can't tell her until I am ready for everyone to know, same with DH's Mum.

Monnie - I can't actually see your ticker in your sig - it's just the URL. You might need to go back to Snugglepie and copy the BBCode (not the html code) into your signature instead. Or perhaps I'm the only one who just sees a URL not a ticker.

Thanks guys for the info on how to set up the ticker. Hopefully I have done it right.

Got my hcg results, 740. I was expecting a bit higher but apparantly its fine. I am going to do another test next just to make sure so I feel ok about it while I am away.

Monnie: Didn't sound like you were saying that you had to tell. I think it will come out for me anyway, as like you said about drinking everyone notices if you are not having a glass of wine, especially at this time of year. Its hard for people to believe you are the designated driver when the party is at your house

How did your BT go?

Hey Fig

Your ticker isn't coming up as a link...

Thanks Kar...I'll try and fix it up...but not sure how...as when I click on it, it does work...maybe I'm the only one who can see it...can anyone else?

Cheers!

Jane...I know what you mean...I've already had one family member (SIL) who I asked not to tell anyone (at least until I have a chance to tell all my immediate family), who has directly "disobeyed" my wishes and gone on to tell her family first...

AHHHH!!!

Not surprised really...unfortunately! What makes me annoyed is she is very strict with us about her boundaries...but then disregards our attempts to set up some boundaries...

Oh well...I'm trying not to let something silly like this ruin the elation I'm feeling at the moment...
    Last edited by monnie; December 7th, 2006 at 04:11 PM.

Just changed my ticker to BB code...is that any better?

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

love your ticker MOnnie it is fine now

Fig

EVERYBODY THIS IS FIG'S TICKER - JUST TO BE SURE !

it should look like code above - just remove the [/url] bit from yours and add the [img] code to the front

congratulations your hcg is great
    Last edited by Baby~amore`; December 7th, 2006 at 04:40 PM.

Yay Monnie - Nice Ticker!

Trish! How are you???? Lovely to see you. How are your littleones?

confusedegg Guest

Hey Trish are you preg again???

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast