Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC ~ March 2006 #3

Hi Justine
    How are you?

Aaaaah chocolate labs, with ex-DH we had a gun dog as an engagement present he was a black lab and named "Gunshaw Lachlan" - but we called him Jack. He was an amazingly clever dog - but like you all have said the first couple of years with a lab is just like having a baby!!!!! [My ex kept the dog, I had some visitation rights after the divorce, but they live in country Victoria!!!]

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Justine,

Al didn't settle until he was 3. He was very much a puppy, and very destructive until then. He's now a complete couch potato though. And yes chocolate would have been a nice clean-looking colour, he always looks dirty. Doesn't help that he finds the grottiest spot in the garden to sleep in.

And as for my belly, yes I want to have this baby now, but I'll miss rubbing it my tummy when it's gone...

love
    sushee

Sushee - have you been to the ob yet?

Not until 2pm, Sheree. I am going to ask for a quick scan today as well, if he doesn't offer. Also must remember to ask if bub is posterior. Ani and Zaki were both posterior, and apparently that may show a tendency for my body to present my babies in a posterior position. Me? I think it's coz I slouch in bed watching telly so much! Lol!

love
    sushee

I honestly think once my labs hit the 1yr mark they got better! They stay permanently outside unfortunately as we dont own our own house and it has carpet. If we had wood flooring like our old house I'd let them in. I must admit we've noticed our choccy girl has a more docile personality and is better with kids, not so over excitable. But we love our golden boy too, he's a bit smarter than Sabre but I dont think it has anything to do with colour, just that she's like the Jessica Simpson of the dog world
    Honestly Sush, I think youd find a puppy easy if you already have two dogs. Sabre was so much easier because all she wanted to do was be with Colt, she slept with him, played with him as opposed to Colt being on his own the first 6 months. I say keep working on your Dh, choccy labs are hard to come by and your kids are more than old enough to help out They arent due for homes until the last week in May. I just hope we can find them good homes, Im already worrying about them not being loved enough, their just so precious and fantastic dogs.
    Def have to ditto the choccy being a better colour. She never looks or feels dirty as their coats are shorter, as opposed to Colt looking like he's just tunnelled from China (which Im sure he's done going by the huge crater in our backyard)!

Anna,

oh trust me I'm going to work on DH, but unfortunately he's not a man given to impluse, and I'm not the kind of woman who's good at using my womanly wiles to get my way, so I know I'll be fighting a losing battle

Well back from my ob appt. Nothing much to report. Bub's head has moved out of the pelvic cavity a bit - sigh - but this is apparently completely normal in a woman who's had kids before. I have been given strict instructions that I should go in and get checked if my BHs get regular, to not wait until I get a show or anything, as I had Zaki quite quickly and he'd rather be safe than sorry.

He sent me for a CTG to check on bub's FHR and to check it's movements and responses to the BHs, and I obliged by having a few well-timed contractions, and bubs obliged by doing all the things it's supposed to, so all is well.

I said to him as I left that I'll see him at next week's appt. He said probably. So there you have it.

love
    sushee

skyelar Guest

Hi everyone!

So glad your appt was smooth sailing Sush, your tum is so gorgoeus! Have any of our tattoos stretched? I have one on my lower back that was ok last time but not sure if it will stay together this time round!!

This 'stuff' is like clear to creamy coloured if that makes sense? I haven't called my ob, I have an appt on Monday but will see what happens over the weekend. I think I am developing thrush so maybe it is just lots of CM (sorry if tmi)

Great to see you here Keen! Your spot is nice & warm in here, hope you are well & gearing up for the next step.

Ohhh Mel how are you? I wonder how your day of cleaning & shopping went. Mr WM will be here before we know it!!

Good night everyone!!

Hi All,
    Sush- Love the piccie, you look like you're about to pop! The tatts are great. I'm glad your appointment went well and I'm sending LV's your way!

Mel - Also sending LV's to you. How did you go with the house work?

Hi Skye, Anna, Justine and all others.

Hi, its Paula again

Just letting you know theres a photo of Holly on shell's webpage.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

she is gorgeous Shell & thanks Aunty Paula

Love your belly & tats Sushee - but can't imagine how much it hurt OW !

Mel - LV

Sushee -LV

Hi all,

I don't know if anyone else was going to update you guys, or even Mel herself, but I know everyone's hanging out for news, so I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here.

I got an sms from Mel this morning saying that she's been booked in for a c/s tomorrow, which was her choice as her cervix is not showing any signs of ripening.

What a lovely day for Wilmartin to come into the world!

love
    sushee

wishing her all the best wishes in the world \/ can't wait to hear how it all goes

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Yes she told me that she wanted C/S too and I would do same if I was in her shoes and I am planning a C/S myself

Goodluck Mel -thinking of you and HOORAY you get to meet William tomorrow

I am so glad BB is back

Oooh good luck to Mel for tomorrow.

tiggy Guest

GL for tomorrow Mel

Woohoo Mel, best of luck tomorrow. \/

Sushee, how are you?

Afternoon ladies.

We saw bubs last Friday and all is great, we hopefully find out the gender of bubs on the 9th. I have lots of flutters now which is really reassuring, oh and a big (and growing) belly. Very exciting.

Magic,

hoping that bub behaves for you at the u/s and you get to see what flavour it is!

As for me (for anyone who didn't use the test site while BB was down) I saw the midwives yesterday who confirmed that bub is 2/5th engaged, is very firm in my pelvic cavity, with nearly no movement allowing, and because of this, I have been experiencing a fair bit of discomfort when I walk. There's also a lot of pressure on my cervix and bowel, which is causing a bit of pain.

So I've been told to rest loads, lying down to ease the pressure off my nether regions, and to store up energy for labour, which is - hopefully - going to occur spontaneously very soon.

So I stayed in bed all day yesterday, but today decided to stay on my feet, bugger the pressure, to help bub along. Hoping it works!

I knew that between Shell, Mel and me, I was going to be last. Just hoping I'm not too far behind Mel! Lol!

love
    sushee

So excited for Mel, such a long wait for Mr WillMartin.
    Hope it all goes well, take care.

Sushee, maybe WillMartin coming is your button to start too, your little bubba is just waiting their turn.

Take care all, it's an exciting time for everyone!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast