Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ March 2006

Tiff - love the photo. That's the first one I've ever seen of you. Ivy looks just like you and Noah looks just like Dave! You have a beautiful family.

Shazz - good luck with the review on Monday. 38 weeks is pretty much term so that is a good prospect. Hope everything goes well.

Ali - Hope everything goes well with you too. Yay on making good progress.

Thanks ladies for your bee dee wishes. Just went out for Thai (could barely fit any in but dang, was it good).

I see Dr England again tomorrow and he intends to do another scan, this time in his office. Maybe I will get to see Willmartin's face again one more time before the birth. If there's a good pic, I will get DH to scan it in so we can put it on the website.

Talk to you all tomorrow ...

Mel

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Ali - glad your OB is happy with progress of bub.

Skye - OMG - you just reminded me after transfer of these we came down in lift at WM hosp and we saw these twin boys in a pram (about 18/12 - 2 ish) we both looked at each at same time and smiled (DH & I ) the kids were crying I :-k

Q. If I tell everyone it is twin boys - The next most asked question will be are they identical ? no ! already get it ! Are twins in family ?

Dilemna do I tell everyone and his dog - "no, because they are IVF" -and wait for more awkward Q's or leave it at "no they are not identical because two placentas"

I dread nosy people asking personal Q - whose problem ? it is unexplained
    then next how long did it take ? ...

Even midwife at clinic thought IVF meant donor sperm - even when I said we had unexplained infertility and nothing really found with either of us - (not discounting my tube removal)

Said "so do they tell you anything about fathers medical history " WT heck [email protected] Doh - I just said it was my husband babies. She was lovely so I explained it again nice !

Some of our customers we get to know - not just in /out the door type - plus various acquaintances -school friends /scouts /basketball parents - small world in our area.

This guy from scouts 'J' (DS soccer, school before that known for yrs but not a social friend IYKWIM) happended to see a guy on a vintage motorbike on side of road in next suburb or two away from us . Starts chatting to him .{The guy on motorbike is my best friends DH and he also works parttime for us}

J gets to talking and he discovers the link - now he wants to be best buddy pals with our friend .... vintage and old bikes in common. This guy has the loudest voice in the Hawkesbury -knows everyone and probably you too !

I wouldn't want him to know LOL - But he is very kind guy sent us flowers for Charlotte's anniversary/Dad dying. In 2004 came and said sorry to my DH separately and then me when he heard about Charlotte dying too. His wife didn't say a word.

What do you think :-k ? what should I say ?

skyelar Guest

Hmm I can see what you mean Trish. We have had the donor sperm one thrown at us as well :-k

If you didn't want to go into it, I'd just say 'nope bubs are not identical, we are blessed with two at once'.

People automatically assume that because my DH is much older than me that he has the fertility problems.

:happybday: Mel & Amy! Next time around you will be sharing it with a little one \/

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Trish,

I have never gotten the 'donor sperm' mix-up myself, though it's usual for anyone I've told to first-off assume there is something wrong with DH as I already have children. I am quick to explain that I had a failed tubal ligation reversal though.

As for the nosy parkers wanting to know if the bubs are identical, i reckon the 'two placentas' explanation will stop it in it's tracks and not force you to talk about IVF if you so choose not to. I don't necessarily volunteer the info that this is an IVF bub, but I'm not ashamed of it either. I just don't think it's something that needs to be discussed with all and sundry.

In fact, I recently found this website where they sell baby clothes for IVF bubs which I love. I am thinking of getting one for this little one which has 'our miracle baby' on it. So cute!

love
    sushee

Sushee, I saw that website too - some other IVF mums I know bought stuff.

Thanks for advice Skye & Sushee - :-k it over

How funny ... I just had this discussion last night with DH about IVF, who to tell, when to tell etc. I remember when I told my grandmother and she asked me if they were my own eggs! I think there are a lot of assumptions out there about the process but not much knowledge.

I've been fairly open about it from the start with everyone but I realise that is unusual. I don't actually start conversations about it but if the subject comes up, I don't hesitate to tell people. Like Sush, I don't see any shame in it ... I think most of the problems IVF has is that NOBODY talks about it except people who are against it for so-called ethical reasons and really have no idea what they are on about. It is usually people like that who are first to speak up whenever funding cuts are advocated.

Of course, I would not expect that everyone would be comfortable with talking about it the way I am, but for some reason, this works for me.

Mel - I am not worried about F & F knowing so much as 'other' people asking all the questions - interogation or asking - you know the joke (not really to me) "shooting blanks".Even well meaning people can be nosy.

DH's BIL's - brother 'P' had a sperm problem (a fraternal twin by the way) P and his wife have one son via donor sperm -now 14. We knew for ages and they probably know all about us. I think they only went the 'one' child because some family (?) was funny about it.Mind you they didn't ask any Q's.

P was so funny at Dear Neice's wedding and he said we were going to have 2 boys (like him & his twin brother - they were wicked and so funny) There mum was shaking her head - as if to say " I hope not -you poor thing" I FORGOT about them.

There were another set of twin boys at wedding (Groom's cousins = page boys) and they were wild - as boys can be - but extra wild with each other -almost knocked the wedding cake over. So they all kept saying we were bound to have boys !

SIL will probably be emailing P & his DW in China now (he is there working) to tell them. SIL told everyone after we told them @7 wks.DH did not mention we wanted to keep it quiet till after 12wks- oh well ! I hope they send us a nice pressie

MIL too will have told 101 people by this morning LOL - Dh rang her last after his sisters. Oh ' the excitement - hope DH tells his Dad before someone else does.

Patient-Rose Guest

Hello ladies,

I saw the most beautiful thing I've even seen in my life today, one little heartbeat, beating strong and true. :smt041 After a fairly tumultuous weekend that involved some brown spotting and cramps it was such a relief to see that little peanut on the screen, the tiny heart throbbing away.

We had two embryos transferred so in some small way I am sad that there wasn't two little bubbas in there but I figure at this point, after 4 years TTC, I really shouldn't be greedy!

Anyway, I feel like I properly "qualify" for this forum now and just wanted to share my good news.

Hope you all have a great day.

Congratulations Rose, that's brilliant!

We had two embryos transferred as well but only one stuck ... not really sure what happened to the other one. But you're right ... it's great to see one little heart in there, beating away like mad.

Trish - yeah, I know what you mean about nosy people and can completely understand that ... particularly as some people seem to make a hobby out of other people's business (their own lives being quite empty by comparison I suppose). I'm sure your family must have been excited by yesterday's news ... has it sunk in yet?

skyelar Guest

=D> Rose that is just the best news!!!
    I am so happy for you, & what a buzz to see that heart beating away
    Congrats again to you & your family xoxoxo

I have another scan tomorrow, I will be 9w 5d! So exciting I am taking the day off work & having a day with just me & DD.

Patient-Rose Guest

Just checking if my new ticker is working. It feels very official now! :shock:

Congratulations Rose!!! It's such a relief that first scan.

Well I'm back from my scan. I can hear DS crying in his bedroom as he's still traumatised from his whole hour at day care, but he's exhausted and hopefully will settle soon.

That didn't work. Okay - an hour later - I'll try again. Bubs was very jumpy but in a pretty good position. All measured well but she couldn't get a good look at the head as bubs had buried it. So I had to go for a walk and drink something sugary. When I came back she got a better view and tried to check out "down there". Legs were firmly shut and very hard to tell. But then bubs gave a kick and spread em' for us all to see quite clearly.....and..... I saw

NO WILLY!!!!

- I KNEW IT!!!!!! She was fairly confidant about it too. There was definately nothing tucked away there.

You can't wipe the smile off my face.
    \/ \/ \/

Congrats on the great scan humphrey and wooohooo on finding out your having a little girl

skyelar Guest

Congrats Justine! How exciting a little pink !
    Geez I have been way off on predictions lately I hope Isaac has settled down for you now, he'll sleep well tonight

welcome Rose - it is wonderful to see that heart beating away - I had brown spotting too from 5wks to 13 weeks - it is scary - love your ticker

Skye -goodluck for tomorrow

Justine - wonderful news on your little - \/ I am so :happy4u:

Melbo - we knew DH's Father would be pleased - his first guess was 2 boys - carry on family name and all

Just a quickie;
    Woohoo Trish - twin boys, how delightful.
    Congrats to rose for seeing the hb, woohoo too
    Justine- woohoo a little girl

So many wonderful little "beings" coming into the world........how exciting.

As for me, I have a scan this Friday and hopefully book in for the nt scan etc. All is well though (still spotting but hey!!)

goodluck Sheree - yay on over 10 weeks

I was brown spotting from week 5 to 13 - sometines copious amounts of dark brown but it was okay thnak goodness. I can't imagine how stressful it is.

Quiet in here tonight -

Anyword from Amy ?

Rose - Congrats on your precious little heartbeat, there's nothing sweeter than watching it pound away!!

Justine - A perfect little pigeon pair, what a clever little chookie you are. That is just fantastic news, I'm so wrapped for you!!

Skyelar - Good luck with your scan tomorrow!!!

Sush - How are you feeling? Not long now.............

Melbo - Likewise, I can't believe your due date is sooooo close now. You must be getting very excited.

Trish - I would only tell people what you are comfortable with. It's shocking that some people are still so funny about IVF, but that's there problem, not yours. I'm so glad all is going well for you xxxxxxx

I have been flat out at work and am really started to get exhausted. I don't think the getting up every hour and a half to (relieve the bladder...) during the night is helping me out much in the exhaustion department either. I was supposed to go to yoga tonight but I was just far too tired and helped DD with her homework instead.........I tell you what, even grade 3 homework is a good workout for my poor pregnant brain at the moment.

Love to all

Alicia xxxxxxxxx

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast