Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ October 2006

Belinda - I wouldn't say it was normal for everyone, but you'll find all the girls in here know exactly what you are talking about. Getting to 12 weeks when things are safer might very well feel like the longest time in your life. The PALTTC girls frequently refer to the straightjacket that is pregnancy after LTTTC or LTAC and some have done some amazing things with theirs. We've had faux fur and sequins etc etc. I've loosened mine a bit.

Dreams and nightmares in pregnancy are common. Someone once told me that nightmares like the ones you are having are good because what you dream in your nightmares never come true. I try to think that when ever I have one, it calms me down.

Shell - ta - can't believe I am over halfway now either. After going so slowly things are now speeding up big time.

Danni - I'm too chicken to use the doppler again. The little one is moving heaps now so I don't worry so much these days.

belinda: i got my doppler second hand and its from fertility naturopath. You can get cheap ones from Kmart where you can hear the heartbeat but I prefer mine as it gives you the reading to make sure its in the right range. I heard bubs hb from about 11w4d I think?

I also had HORRIBLE nightmares in the first few weeks. Now I dont which is good but I had horrible horrible ones thats for sure!

Thanks girls, you have all reassured me that I am not a monster for having such horrible dreams. *hugs* I'm feeling very emotional today and it's so nice to have such good support from you girls.

Danni
    just looked at your scan... do you feel relieved and enjoyed seeing junior again? Did they do the NT or just a check? Will you still be having the NT on Monday?

kar it was an amazing feeling!!!!! I will still have the nt scan on monday

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Kar

just noticed your ticker! What a lovely bump!

No ur not crazy Belinda, like the other girls said. I remember having many dreams where I'd forget to feed my baby for days.

I too got my doppler (angelsounds) from fertilitynaturopath, but called somethin else now. Around 12wks (or slightly less), the kmart ones say u can start hearing hbeat from around 21-30wks.

I agree, Kar, 'tis a lovely baby bump.

Hi guys I agree about the bump Kar very cool!!
    Belinda I have had some pretty awful dreams to, and I too have donned the lovely straight jacket!!
    Danni glad th scan was ok can be a scary time.
    Well our antenatal classes started last night. So far so good.
    I am soooo ready to finish work..not having fun at all!!!
    Big belly rubs to all
    Last edited by Shezabelle; October 21st, 2006 at 10:07 AM.

Yay Shez - look at your bump! And YAY for getting to 30 weeks!

Sush - glad to see Charlie in another hat. He is so gorgeous. I still think he should be betrothed to Holly Maree. LOL!

Belinda - I bought my doppler from ebay.

And Aw shucks - thanks for the compliments on my bump girls. Some think I'm having twins. I just tell them I'm shortwaisted.

Hi Ladies,

I hope you are all well. I was wondering how much doppler's are??
    I am considering getting one as I think it would relax me. I had the stitch of the cervix put in on Tuesday and am on semi bed rest. We see the OB again on Tuesday but it has been a long week to make sure bubs is ok even though OB reassures me that everything went well.

I look forward to my next ultrasound and then I think after 30 weeks I will feel more relaxed. Just another 15 weeks to go!!

Linda

Linda
    Mine was about $95. And not sure if you saw the thread I posted after I got mine and tried to use it. It freaked me out hugely and I got very upset because I couldn't hear the heartbeat (although I could see the numbers). I bought it because I thought it would relax me. What I hadn't counted on (nor thought about before blithely trying to use it) is that I wouldn't be able to get it to work properly and, that as a consequence, I would freak out and be ten times more anxious. It freaked me out so badly that I haven't tried to use it again. And in the mean time the baby started moving so now I know things are ok.

Danni on the other hand - is a real whiz with hers.

I'm thinking of selling mine.

Shez, lovely bump there too.

Kar, hehe, I always got comments that I was big, hehe, u dont look too big to me.

Linda, mine was $68 + $13 postage, but no digital output like Kar's (AngelSounds). I'm going to sell mine too when I'm done with it.

fellow glowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had my NT scan today and OMG!! I was told "I would be shellshocked if it isnt a boy!!!:eek: whoo hoo i knew it was a boy!

Lets see in 5 weeks if he was right or not!

There is a pic on juniors page, so active, strong heartbeat. oerfect in every way!!! im over the moon (AGAIN!) can you tell?

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

wonderful news Danni

confusedegg Guest

Thats great.. wonderful news danni.

Trying to find juniors page?

Congrats on finding out Danni - but I'm sure you would have been over the moon had you found out you were having a girl - but it is very exciting that you have found out!!!

well i guess its not 100% yet, but we'll see in 5 weeks

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast