Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After LT TTC ~ September 2006

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Lol!I would betroth young Charlie happily to lovely Holly if not for the fact that he was betrothed at a few days old to Tracey's beautiful Indah! ROFL! Apparently he's going to have to like (slightly) older women coz Indah has just turned one!

And I can't believe you didn't manage to find out the sex! Oh well, it'll be fun for it to be a surprise!

Charlie is a much wanted little man!

Thnx girls. LOL, they do make a cute couple huh. Yeah I had to apoligise to Sush (other thread) for being a ticker pic copy cat, but I couldn't resist, I love that pic of Charlie.

Oh no Kar, hmm maybe a quick scan at obgyn when u are far enough along for their machine to be strong enough.

OMG I'm next!!! Go Charlie!! A wanted man @ age 5 months WTG!!!

All the ticker pics are sooo cute.

Hee hee at your little one being modest Kar!!

6 weeks left @ work 4 me so excited!!

Hi ladies
    Sorry for the quickie post.
    Congrats to lea and anna on their little bundles and to the lovely ladies with pg tickers ticking along nicely.
    Stats on Mitchell are 7lb 7oz 51 cm long 31 cm head circumference. Feeding and sleeping well so far (kncok on wood hey).......we are besotted and over the moon. I went into labour on Wed 20th and turned up to the hospital with contractions 2mins apart at 8am Thu 21st, he was born via c/s at 9:57am- pretty quick.
    BBL

Yay Sheree... good to hear things are going well. Can't wait to see pickies...

Oooh so close Shez, bet ur just counting down the days.

Morning everyone.

thanks for the update sheree and fletch!

How you going Kar? You are stressing me out...are you going for another scan? I NEED TO KNOW THE SEX! hehe

I reckon Im having what you're having...

im pretty sure you are both having pink bundles...

pink? hehe...well in that case...I need some help on names from you Miss Keen

guess we will have to wait and see what the u/s says - assuming you dont have a shy one like Kar! So you already have names picked for a blue bundle?

Hi everyone,

yay - i can join in here finally! Not that I talk much, just ask Danni - but then most ppl don't get much in around you Danni :P

skyelar Guest

Hi girls I am back!!
    Just a quick post in between all the mayhem LOL
    Asha is fantastic now, it got a bit scary when she had to have a canula for her antibiotics but she is a little trooper!
    Will try & get some piccies on the website ASAP.
    Thanks for all of your well wishes xoxo

welcome home lea and congrats again

Keen: im pretty sure we have settled on a boys name

Welcome Miss Belinda! whoo hoo. You will love it in here, so comfy Are you saying im a chatterbox? Well this thread doesnt go too fast so Im sure you can keep up. Congrats again sweetheart and enjoy this wonderful ride!

Yeah Kar are ya are ya???
    Great to see u Lea, can't wait fo pics from all you guys...
    Still can't believe I'm next!!
    welcome Belinda

skyelar Guest

Morning ladies!!!

We are back at home & Asha is safe & sound! Things got a bit hectic for a while but all is good now. Here is a little run down on how things went......

Arrived 5pm Tuesday evening for a 6pm induction. Finally someone came to see me around 6.30pm & gel inserted at 7pm. I was 3cm dialated at this time & Asha's head was engaged. Canula in & first lot of antibiotics around 8pm. By 10pm I was feeling niggles & was put on the CTG, a few sporatic contractions were monitoring but I could feel them around 3 mins apart (exactly the same as Bailea's induction). Midwife said that nothing was going to happen & that I needed to take sleeping tabs & painkillers to get a good night sleep. I knew in my heat that I would have her before sunrise but felt really pressured to 'do as I was told'
    My support person went home at around 11pm & Mark & I tried to get some sleep. He crashed straight away & I dozed on & off between pains. My midnight I was breathing heavily through the contractions & trying out my hypbirth techniques. At 12.30am I woke Mark & called the midwife back to the room. Her eyes nearly fell out of her head when she saw me & said we needed to move to delivery suite which was just across the hall. She grabbed our phones & took off, Mark was bundling up bags so I staggered in on my own kicking myself for sending Jodie home earlier.
    Checked by the midwife & was 5cm dialted, gas was started. I started to dry heave on the gas & knew it wasn't working, midwife came back in & actually added the 'gas' to the oxygen & apologised for not turning it on properly Called Jodie back & she arrived within 10 minutes. Midwife rushed through my next lot of antibiotics as she didn't think I'd make it to 2am. This all went on for another hour & a half (which to me felt like 5 mins) my Ob arrived checked me & I was 8cm. Manually broke my waters & within 2 mins was ready to push. Was pulled to my feet to squat, one arm around Mark's neck the other around my Ob's. Midwife was checking heartbeat & for crowning. Nothing was happening & Ob said she is posterior. He did a quick spin of her body & I was laid back down & given the bar at the end of the bed to push against. 2 pushes later my little princess was lifted up onto my chest & I was totally dumbfounded at her size. She is sooo tiny & after a 9lb 9oz baby last time I just couldn't believe it.
    I did have a 2nd degree tear but it has healed so nicely, no swelling down there so all together totally different to Bailea's recovery.
    Fast forward to day 2 & Asha is struggling to maintain her body temp. She is being monitored by a pead & day 3 her temp crashes to 35. I think this is a good sign but they send her for blood tests. Her tests came back positive for sepsis so she had developed an infection. I was shattered as she needed to be canulated for her antibiotics. They blew a vein in her tiny little hand & had to try again in the other hand. Finally it worked & she was taken to special care for 3 days. I could still feed her but she needed comp bottles to hydrate her until my milk came in. Blood tests were repeated later in the week & she got the all clear. She roomed in with me for another 2 night & then we were allowed home!!! Asha now weighs 7lb 1oz & I had to shop yesterday for 00000/0000 as all the 000's I have bought swim on her.
    Geez if you are still reading this good on you!!

There are some new piccies of her on my website!

great story lea!! im off to check out the princess now

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

ooo she's beautiful!!! I'm soooo clucky!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast