Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Pregnancy After LT TTC ~ September 2006

Hello everyone...
    Just back from my Ob visit. Looks like we will probably get another U/S at 34-35 wks. (which is another 14 or 15 weeks away!). Until then our tortoise is being very secretive about its bits. Poor DH - he's just getting over it - although obviously not that quickly because he rang to suggest I might ask the Ob to do a quick U/S while I was in there this morning. LOL!

Hey Danni so you'll probably know what you are having before I will LOL! So if you're having a girl - I'll go with that! When's your scan Danni and how are you going generally?

As far as my visit went, everything is completely on track and the ob was delighted with all the sciatic, pelvis, pubic bone pain I've been having when walking around. He says the earlier that pain starts the better off I'll be for labour - in other words my ligaments are loosening up nicely. He expects I'll be in agony by 28 weeks but this all bodes very well for an easy labour. I wouldn't have minded but he said this with so much glee!

I left his rooms, having sat in there with 4 other women who were in their late 3rd trimester, and I was feeling very energetic and bouncy by comparison. Nothing like seeing what is coming to make you appreciate the loveliness of the second trimester.

Hope we get some reports on the newborns soon.

Shez - how are you going?

oh kar, i cant belieeve you are content in waiting!!!! i cant wait to find out for you OR me

I was feeling REALLY good but since yesterday (bang on 10 weeks) the frequent urination, fatigue and food problems have hit us hard!

The food thing is whats bothering me heaps. I dont know if im full or starving, bloated or constipated. And then it takes me forever and i mean FOREVER to decide what my tongue feels like tasting today!

I feel so disorganised as i cant even plan our meals anymore! my house is a disgrace as when i get home i plonk on that couch and dont move

But hey, i am in no way complaining. I wouldnt trade all this pain and discomfort for the world! I am thrilled 24/7 that im having a baby and my DH is STILL over the moon.

Today he felt sorry for me and said he would carry the baby for me if he could and he would even birth for me! how sweet....i cried!

I'm such a twit (pregnant goldfish)!
    I managed to some how miss this whole last page when I posted this morning! My apologies for appearing to ignore people.

Lea - Asha is beeeautiful! Well done - you are very clever.

Miss Belinda - A big Welcome! With all our september babies Shez, Danni and I need all the company we can get!

Keen - still sending you truckloads of my dear!

Oh Lea - your bubba girl Asha is adorable... too cute!

Kar - you seem to have yourself a shy little one!

Dan - sorry to hear you are not having a great time with it, hun. I hope that second tri kicks in straight away for you and brings on those happy hormones! And some more educated taste buds, too

Morning Ladies

Morning from me too!
    Dan - I know exactly what you mean. But don't worry it goes away in 2nd Trimester. I used to stand in front of the pantry - then the fridge - then the fruit bowl - then the pantry (and so the cycle continued) trying to work out what on earth to eat. Nothing appealed. The other thing I found is that once I'd had something once - I never wanted it again! Only a couple more weeks and you'll be through the worst of it!

We had a bit of a drama last night. I went to pick my DH up from the airport. Now that parking costs an arm and a leg - our usual caper is to park at a nearby spot and wait for the other to ring to say come get me - then we do a drive by pick up and dash and hope we don't get sprung by the security guards. Anyway I was patiently waiting at my post thinking gee this plane is late, whilst unbeknownst to me my mobile was dead (all the lights and signal bars were fine it looked like it was working). Eventually I thought I'd better ring and couldn't get a line out. So I decided to move closer in case I was somewhere where the signal was being jammed. In the meantime my DH lobbed his bag over his shoulder and started walking to where he thought I'd be parked. Only I wasn't there. He thought something had gone terribly wrong with me and the baby and started panicking. He ended up ringing a friend to come get him. And eventually I rebooted my phone and it started working. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! Poor DH took hours to calm down. Anyway - off to town today to buy a new one. This one has been playing up for a few weeks now.
    Last edited by Kar; October 5th, 2006 at 09:42 AM.

Morning everyone I feel worse lol

I have to laugh, its the only way to keep moving on...i LOVE being pregnant....but..... oh you know!!!

Good morning girls.

Sorry you feel sick Danni. I'm not looking forward to any of that.

Kar - You should throw the phone into a lake or off a cliff. How frustrating.

I'm tired already, maybe I should go back to bed.

oh Kar...that sounds awful!!!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Kar,

what a nightmare! Bloody mobile phones!

Welcome Belinda and congrats on your pg!

Danni you poor thing. It does get better, hunny. The second tri is the best, I felt just gorgeous and glowing during my second tri!

everyone else!

Hay girls.
    Kar that's awful!!
    Sorry your not feling so well Danni
    I just got back from the OB. He said he wants me to have a scan @ 33weeks due to IVF etc, now I'm panicking that I didn't ask enough questions about it and that he thinks something is wrong!!! Help!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Shez,

nearly every appointment with my ob went like this:

He checked my BP and palpated my tummy, then we'd talk-

Dr; so how are you feeling?
    me: Really good.
    Dr: any questions for me?
    me: no, not really
    Dr: any concerns
    me: no, I feel pretty good, actually.
    Dr okay, see you next time!

And this pretty much was the norm, bar a few exceptions, until I gave birth!

Thanks everyone for your welcome. I'm still a bit shy though *giggle*. It's like someone is going to come in and yell FRAUD - what are you doing in here - what makes you think you deserve to be pregnant....but I guess I'll get over that.

Shez - If you are really going to stress about it, then ring up and ask more questions to set your mind at ease. My GP told me yesterday that before 36wks they will probably do another ultrasound just to make sure of the position the head is in - so maybe that is what it is for? I'm sorry I'm no help.

It's like someone is going to come in and yell FRAUD - what are you doing in here - what makes you think you deserve to be pregnant....but I guess I'll get over that.
    omg! exactly how I STILL feel :eek:

Shez, Im pretty sure it is now becoming pretty standard to do another u/s around week 33-34 anyway, so im sure it will go just wonderfully! Four of the many millions I know who are pregnant, have told me that they have been told they will have u/s at 33 weeks, and were told that is becoming standard (none of them have had IVF) - so try not to worry, honey!

Hey Shez - Keen's right. I'm having one too at 33-34 weeks just to see how things are going. My obstetrician is mainly treating IVFers. We're hoping the kid won't be so bashful next time....

Thanks for the reassurance guys!! I had a big chat to my sister (who has IVF twins and saw same ob) and she said the same thing and also that if he really was worried he wouldn't be waiting 5 weeks to have a look.
    Pg hormones strike again!!!
    Kar I hope your little one isn't bashful next time, though I hope Tiny is!!

Just creating a new thread for you girls.

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678