Thread: Should be happy but feel terrified

Default Should be happy but feel terrified

Hi girls,

I have been TTC for 2 years. Lately it's been doing my head in. AF was due right about now but this morning I got impatient and did a test. Came back with a very faint +ve line. I should be happy, positive etc that this is it - yet I don't feel that way at all. Don't want to get my hopes up and have af come and be disappointed yet again. And what if it does turn out to be positive??? I am terrified that I have waited for so long that something bad is sure to happen, after all I have had 2 good pregnancies - so that must mean I am due for a miscarriage or something right?? (By the way I know this is totally illogical but my brain is in fast forward at the moment).
    And now I wish I hadn't tested at all because if af comes now I will be devastated knowing I was so close....
    Ahhhh!!!!
    Thanks for listening.

i hope bubba is a sticky one - and that you have a great 9 months.
    i think it's fairly normal to be anxious about the outcome of a pregnancy etc, but try to enjoy it, what will be will be unfortuantely, and all the stress in the world wont help matters.
    try and relax, maybe test again in a couple of days or go to your gp for a blood test so you can know for certain.
    fingers crossed for a healthy bub in there xo

Thanks boobaloo,

I'm alot more relaxed today. I did another test, again positive and the line is darker than yesterday. When I showed DH he said 'now that's a line!'. So now I guess it is really happening... feels quite surreal have wanted this for two years now it doesn't quite feel real. However getting quite excited today. Will make Drs appointment tommorrow. Thanks again for your kind words!

Congratulations!

Go and buy yourself and Agate crystal and carry it will you.
    All the best for a fab pregnancy!

Hun completely normal & after having such difficulties it is hard to stay positive & be happy. You'll probably live your pg in milestones, which is what I did with DD. GL for the next 9 mths. I'd also take up Limes advice.

That's fantastic news MP. Fantastic news! Congratulations!!!

Congrats!! Fingers crossed this is a sticky one for you!

Thanks girls,

Went to Dr today. Have to do all the blood tests etc next. Starting to feel real. LimeSlice, what does the Agate crystal do?

Naenae, thanks for all your support. I hope you have some luck soon too, baby dust to you.

It is considered a stone of fertility, and said to prevent miscarriage, aids in building self confidence, is a protector of children, relieves discomfort during pregnancy. Used for centering, and maintaining blood sugar levels - so is helpful for dizziness, headaches and impaired balance.

Allround good stuff!

Thanks, I will go and get one!

Congratulations!! Hope that you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!
    Sue xxx

Thanks Sue,

Hope all is going well with your little girl, love the photo she is just gorgeous!

Awww, thank you!! She is a bit cute!

Hope things are going well with you!

Sue xx

MaggiePie: I completely understand everything you have written :/

I am also terrified at the prospect of this pregnancy not going well. Good luck hun and make your way into our belly buddies group http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...st-2011-a.html
    Last edited by Ahurani; July 22nd, 2010 at 11:34 AM.

Thanks for the advice, I just posted my introduction!