thread: 17 Weeks!

Oct 2005
    North Queensland

17 Weeks!

We've made it to 17 weeks today

I feel a little comfort but I'm sad to admit that there is still a piece of me which won't fully surrender myself to the thought that everything will be ok and we will get to hold our babe in 23 weeks time.

Its a sad feeling and whilst it doesnt consume me, I envy the days where the thought of losing a babe would never enter my mind.

I'm still happy though and am enjoying the reassuring kicks and swirls from the little person growing inside me.

Jun 2010
    District Twelve

Congratulations

May the rest of your pregnancy be as stress free as possible.

Oct 2009
    surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

Congratulations Sara, we'll always remember Reid but I'm glad you're happy and finding some reassurance from this baby! I think once you've experienced loss it's never truly gone from your mind, but I hope your baby kicks you whenever you have a bad thought to remind you that they are there and they are on their way.

Jul 2006
    Melbourne

Congratualtions on reaching 17 weeks! It's like you can almost breathe a little bit easier now?? I remember feeling relief when DD was born - she came out screaming and I was truly grateful for that! 23 weeks will fly by & i hope you can continue to relax and enjoy your pg a little more now.

Jun 2012
    South Australia

amazing news congratulations on reaching 17 weeks!!!

Mar 2008
    North Northcote

I have been wondering about you in the last 2 weeks

A big milestone has been passed, but you'll always always have baby Reid in your heart and mind even as this new little person rolls and swirls like nobodies business and it must be tough at times

Jul 2005
    Sydney

Hoping the rest of your pg is completely uneventful.

Oct 2008
    In a Nice Safe Space

Congrats! 17 weeks is wonderful. I hope that everything goes smoothly for the remainder of your pregnancy.

Jul 2008
    Home with my Son :)

Yay!! pregnancy after loss is so difficult.. enjoy the feeling of that gorgeous little person growing inside..

Oct 2005
    North Queensland

Thanks everyone.

I'm sure all will be fine

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

Wow Sara! 17weeks is amazing. Dd3 pregnancy was extremely hard to 'attach' too. You are not alone. And it doesn't mean you won't live this baby when it's born. It just means that Reid is right there with you every step of the way!!