12311 ...

thread: Pregnancy after Miscarriage or Loss #2

BellyBelly Life Subscriber & MPM

Feb 2007
    Melbourne

Pregnancy after Miscarriage or Loss #2

Welcome to the pregnancy after miscarriage and loss thread. We look forward to sharing your journey to holding your baby in your arms. Welcome to the new members of this thread, I am sure you will be made welcome.

If you have any concerns within the thread please email/PM Trish, Rouge or Mistyfying. We make up the moderating team for this thread. Any concerns or constructive criticism that you have will be treated respectfully and confidentially.

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Pregnancy Articles. Here's wishing each and every one of you, a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

You will find the previous thread HERE.

Nov 2010
    Cairns

Hi guys I figured I would pop my head in here. I am currently 5 weeks pregnant with #6 and extremely nervous about it all. I have almost 3 weeks until my scan and I just can't wait to see bub and relax. My comfort at the minute is the extreme nausea and exhaustion I'm experiencing. Hope to get to know you all better.

Dec 2011
    Perth

Hi all!

Rockingbaker - congrats and welcome When you have a history of m/c the terror tends to dominate over the joy when you get that BFP! Wow, the nausea and exhaustion has hit you early. Fingers crossed it's a great sign Was this a natural pregnancy? (if you don't mind me asking )
    Rach - welcome back! I remember reading about your m/c (and probably crying) right before I signed up for BB. Sending you all the in the world!
    Mrs S - good luck with the move, you're a busy lady!!
    DiamondGirl - It's so hard to know what to do. Basically it's whatever makes you feel better because whether you have a scan or not isn't going to affect the outcome one bit! If you don't think having a scan before 12 weeks will calm you in any way, I wouldn't do it

I hope everyone is doing well.

AFM - well I had a scare this weekend with bright red spotting and sharp pains. I was not too happy yesterday! So I moved my Ob appointment from Thurs to today and baby looks to be doing fine, wiggling around and all. He could see where the bleeding was coming from - a pocket in the corner of the sac or placenta. So apparently I should expect more bleeding but he's hoping it will resolve itself. This bub just wants to keep me on my toes!!! Now we'll see if I can make it 2 week til the next scan or whether there'll be more dramas!!

Nov 2010
    Cairns

Hey Mich thanks for that hun. I have never had a miscarriage but my daughter passed away from SIDS last year. We started ttc after she passed away and I feel pregnant just before her first birthday. All of my lot are natural conceptions, I'm very lucky in that regard.

Mar 2007

Welcome Rocking Baker - Im so sorry to hear of your beautiful daughter's passing. No one should ever lose a child

Mich - So glad you got a scan and all is ok. Bleeding in pg is scary especially when youve experienced a loss previously. Hopefully its smooth sailing from here on.

Rach - Congrats on your pg!

AFM - Thankyou for your thoughts and comments. Im still thinking things through, and I still havent booked the scan. I think I'll leave it until Im confident enough to pick up the phone. It wont make a difference to this pg's viability, so there is no reason to put myself through the stress of having it until Im ready, whenever that is.

Dec 2011
    Perth

Rockingbaker - so sorry to hear about your little girl. I can't even imagine what you went through. I'm know another pregnancy could never replace her but I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you have another wonderful addition to your lives x

Add JennaJayen on Facebook

Oct 2008
    Kallangur, QLD

Haven't posted in here for ages though I have been reading the few times I've ventured onto BB, so I'm subbing to keep up with you all xxx

Congrats RockingBaker! I went to say happy birthday for Sophie and let you know we were thinking of you on her angelversary on your wall and couldn't letting you know now I have been thinking of you xxx

afm - not much happening here, almost at the 30wk mark now... it's finally starting to sink in that I'm pregnant again, that I'll have another newborn, and that this is most definitely it after 10 pregnancies now there will be no more babies I'm sad but glad that I won't have to go through all the stress, worry and loss again.

Had my OB appointment on the 18th, fundal height was measuring exactly 29wks, bub's HB was 154bpm, my BP was fine, no swelling and... I DON'T have GD again!!! Yay!!! lol I've been dreading getting it again.
    Other than that not much happening, just bee sick with a nasty cold, the kids have been sick, hubby is now sick, DS has been given a tentative diagnosis of Asthma and has to go back and be reassessed towards the end of May. DD now has 3 teeth and is standing up and pulling herself along the furniture, still feels like yesterday I was in here while pregnant with her... It's only really been almost 13 months since she was born, but it doesn't feel like it's even been that long!

Belly rubs to you all! xxx

Rach83 Guest

Congrats rockingbaker so sorry to hear about your precious girl.

I'm doing ok. I was pretty down yesterday as I was having some mild cramps which I remember as being normal but with my history I was starting to freak a little. Forced myself to relax. If its going to happen again it will regardless of anything I do. Today I'm at the point of my second m/c so one hurdle reached I guess!
    I'm going for my follow up pregnancy protect acupuncture session today. Feel like I need it to put my mind back at rest that everything will be ok. EVERYTHING WILL BE OK. It has to be.

Feb 2008
    With my awesome cherubs

Congratulations RB. Hopefully this bub is a sign from Sophie.
    Jenna- so close now!
    Mich - glad everything was ok

Hi to everybody else.
    AFM doing the last of moving today, plus getting ready for DD1s birthday tomorrow.
    Pregnancywise - feeling very weak in the stomach, DD2 had a tummy bug last night and i ended up needing a bucket just because i couldnt stomach it.
    Getting lots of stretching pains, my dr is concerned with my scar tissue not being strong enough after the twins as i want a vba2c. Apart from that scared as anything about another prem as thats all the drs are focussing on but only time will tell that ive done full term before too but that was before the 2 csecs

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Rach83 Guest

Had a good acu session today and got some herbs which I am to take 3x a day... They. Are. Revolting!!!

Dec 2011
    Perth

Rach - glad the acu session went well. How are you going to go with those herbs when the morning sickness sets in??? Argh
    Jenna - congrats on almost 30 weeks. I love seeing the positive updates from you ladies who have been through so much but are doing so well
    DG - I'm glad you didn't cave and get the scan before you wanted to. Just do what you need to do

AFM - I left my scan after the bleeding feeling relieved but now that I've had time to think about it, I'm all stressed. I'm guessing what I have is a subchorionic hematoma. I don't know the dimensions. I know many resolve but some don't. I still have some sharp pains but haven't had any more spotting. I don't know if maybe its better to spot or pass a clot though and bleed it out!! I saw online that a lot of women are put on bedrest. My dr just said to take it easy. Has anyone had one of these before?

Mar 2007

Hi everyone,

Jenna - Your story gives me hope that you can still have a baby after so many losses. Im so glad you have got this far! No good about being sick though.

Rach - Glad it went well. I hope you can continue taking them when (and if) m/s takes hold.

Mrs S - I hope your DD2 is better today and DD1 has a great birthday! I hope you get to full term this time.

Mich - You most likely do have a sub-chronic haematoma. I have done plenty of research on these and I can tell you that MOST of the time, it resolves itself by 20w and doesnt cause any issues for your bub. It doesnt always bleed out because sometimes it is absorbed back into your body. For MOST people, they go on to have a normal pg. I dont want to scare you by any means but I had a sub-chronic haematoma with all of my losses that occurred after 5w. I have a blood-clotting disorder which was believed to have made the problem worse. The haematoma was expected to have been the cause of m/c in only one of my losses because the haematoma was directly adjacent to the sac and eventually detached it and abrubted the placenta. Please dont be scared, I doubt this will happen to you, but I would recommend taking it easy if you can.

Feb 2008
    With my awesome cherubs

Thanks DG atm im waiting for this cake to cook and hope it hurries up. Party starts at 1 and im at the new house and need to be at the old one and dh is there with the kids prob not completing the list of things.needing doing

Rach83 Guest

Lol I've thought of that myself. Will just have to see how I go I guess. The herbs taste like stomach bile!!

Well I'm passed the stage of my last 2 miscarriages so hope all is well. Took another preg test and the line is super strong so at least this time my Hcg is stronger.
    Not out of the woods yet so hope all is peachy.

Dec 2008
    nsw

Hi all,

Thought i'd join in here as i am scared to excited about this pg.

I had a m/c in 2009, found out the baby has died in utero a few days before our NT scan from anencephaly (a NTD), then had our son in Oct 2010. Had a m/c in dec 2011 (very early) and am now nearly 6 weeks pg. Went to a FS last month and fell naturally the same month. So getting HCG and P4 tested, rising nicely, went from 29 at 10DPO to 128 at 13DPO, to 1330 at 19DPO, P4 up from 44 to over 100. Have another BT today and get results tomoro, if all good go for scan next thurs. Still scared silly as i am having brown/ligt pink discharge and have been since the beginning on & off. I had this with my son from about 5-9 weeks so not overly worried it means the end but still very unsettling. Feeling sick and have sore BB's so i know these are a good sign!
    Anyway, just thought i'd pop in and say hi so we can all holdhands through our journeys xx

Rach83 Guest

Hi sparkles
    I see you are in my belly buddies group too do hopefully we both can stick it out

Feb 2008
    With my awesome cherubs

Morning everyone
    Well we survived the birthday party!
    Ill be 9 weeks tomorrow and still going well only another 31 weeks of panic to go

Dec 2011
    Perth

Welcome Sparkles - your levels look great! I had 2 weeks of non-stop spotting at the beginning of this preg too. Good to hear you had the same thing previously and got a healthy little boy Good luck with your bloods. I'll hold hands anytime, ha ha ha! This pregnancy thing's scary!
    Rach - yay for super strong line, yippeeeee!
    Mia - how are you doing?
    Mrs S - glad it all went well. You must be exhausted.
    Diamond girl - thanks for your honesty. I know these things can have positive or negative outcomes. I'm hoping there's no more bleeding and it just reabsorbs cos bleeding is just too distressing. I'm taking it really easy because if the outcome is bad, I at least want to know I did everything I could. I have a wedding to go to this weekend, hopefully I can sit for most of the night!

12311 ...