Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after miscarriage or loss ~ July 2010

Hi Everyone. I have been lurking about since I received my BFP but was not ready to join you all yet but I am going a little nuts while I wait for Monday's 6 week scan to check for that little HB. Freaking out about almost no symptoms.. sensitive nips that's all?? There is a positive vibe in here so hopefully I will catch on!! Can I ask if you girls had symptoms early on before 6 week scan? I just worry as I have had a missed miscarriage without any warning symptoms before..have been toying with having bloods done again but keep putting it off each morning and Monday not too far away now??

OMG girls I read 'blow job' too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!! I guess we just expect it from our beloved Ferrals!!!

Ferrals, I am so happy to read that your Doctors are so supportive and eager to help you with this preciouse pregnancy you have. I am bursting out of my skin to find out how your scan goes EEEEEKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eliselouise it's nice to meet girls IRL to chat about baby stuff!!! I can't wait until October, thats when my prenatal classes start. Did you find yours helpfull?? I have had so many sticky noses put there two bobs worth in about prenatal classes and not one of them has been positive.

Dory, call it pregnancy brain, or may have been when I wen't MIA last month, but what happened to your cat?? I bet you can't wait to get it home! My 2 cats go in for the big SNIP next thursday hehehe!!!! Poor lovelies have no idea what they are in for!! LOL!

Ashie, heck.....1kg?!?!?! Mabey it was all the hormones and needles I had for IVF, but I have put on a whopping 7kgs since April. So grose. Have not changed my eating habbits at all, so hoping it was te meds and prednisolone. You lucky girl by the way!XX

Angelfish, wow we are very close together! I will race you !!!! Later on we will all have to put cyber betts on to see who drops their little bundle first!

Sunshineandstars hope you are well sweety X

Audax, snugglebugg blossom (can't find anything that rhymes with Audax) Underdacks??? Na not funny enough. Hope you are having a nice relax, belly rubbs X

Mumoncemoreplease welcome! And don't stress about the lack of symptoms, I never had any other than horrid AF cramping until I was 9wks along. Mabey the slightest of sore nipples after i showered, but zippo, nothing. I actually worried I had no symptoms too, woke each morning dissapointed I had no sickness, but you are still early so could get you yet!!!!
    Good luck for your scan by the way, I got 4 lotts of bloods done becaise I worried so much, see how you feel. I don't know which was worse though, knowing or not knowing, because no matter the result I couldn't change anything. (still got the better of me though!)

Hubbabubba, love to you XX

Ric, love, haven't heard from you for a while, hope things are traveling along alright XX

Iona, hows things going? Thinking of you XX

Bugger I know I have missed someone, so sorry XXXX

I'm all good here X

Welcome mumoncemoreplease I too had hardly any symptoms early on and i think it is quite normal not too. Everyone is different and im keeping everything crossed for you that your scan goes well on monday and theres a nice strong heartbeat
    Murraycod yeah i found the classes really good as did DP. I think even if they werent helpful in respect to the material loearned it was good to be with a group of first time mums and to have made a friend out of it. I cant believe so many people have said negative things about them

Quote Originally Posted by ferrals4 View Post
    AFM-Had a phone consult with our geneticist today he has booked us in at 11.5 weeks for our CVS at the fetal medicine unit i don't have to get referrals or anything he said i am a special VIP patient and they dont see smith lemli opitz syndrome it is rare for a baby to be born with it so all the doctors are very interested in this pregnancy i dont want to be a VIP i want to be a normal jo blow but it is good to know they are on the ball and ready for what is to come he said just before i got off the phone to relax take it easy and remember we have a 3 out of 4 chance that this baby is normal.
    I am also booked into have my U/S next thursday at 9am so i am hoping for 1 healthy strong bubby in there.
    Just read up on the syndrome, you have been through so much. I believe its your turn to be jo blow! Bring on the US and CVS i say. I want to see your ticker without that stressful CVS comment and only JOY!

Quote Originally Posted by mumoncemoreplease View Post
    Hi Everyone. I have been lurking about since I received my BFP but was not ready to join you all yet but I am going a little nuts while I wait for Monday's 6 week scan to check for that little HB. Freaking out about almost no symptoms.. sensitive nips that's all?? There is a positive vibe in here so hopefully I will catch on!! Can I ask if you girls had symptoms early on before 6 week scan? I just worry as I have had a missed miscarriage without any warning symptoms before..have been toying with having bloods done again but keep putting it off each morning and Monday not too far away now??
    Glad you are not lurking anymore. Dont worry about the lack of symptoms. I was the same as you, not believing in myself/body or baby. Its almost impossible after a MC but after an ectopic its hard not to be a total nut job . So happy that you are here now and we can all share your happy news on monday after the scan!

Quote Originally Posted by murraycod View Post
    Bugger I know I have missed someone, so sorry XXXX

I'm all good here X
    Nice one you forgot me! So glad that everything is well with you!

Quote Originally Posted by eliselouise View Post
    Haha dory maybe i too have a dirty mind coz thats what i first seen when i read "jo blow" and then realised that it was just me

Ferals yep getting very excited now as im this close, technically full term now so bubba could arrive any day.

AFM had a lovely catch up with one of the girls i met in my birthing classes today. I was so nervous to catch up because i find it really hard to get to know people but i was so surprised, she is so lovely and we have so much in common and we sat and chatted for nearly 2 1/2 hrs. She is due 1 week before me so its lovely to get to know someone who will be sharing the same jorney (other than you girls of course

)
    When i woke up this morning i thought i was coming down with something coz i had a shocking headache, had panadol and it still wouldnt budge but now im thinking that ive put my neck out again so i think id better get back to the physio and get that sorted before i go into labour, i dont think i need any extra pain at that time
    Take care everyone
    Another dirty mind here
    Full term WOOHOO! Not long now but the days go ssssllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwww!
    Nice that your catch up went well! Always nice to have someone IRL that is at the same stage as you!
    Hope that the headache turns out to be nothing!

Half the posts havent come across, BB is playing with my mind today

Dory: How is your fur baby doing?

Glad to hear everyone is well. I love this thread but i always have a bit of a moment when i open it that there will be bad news from someone!

AFM: woohoo only 2 weeks tomorrow til the 20week scan and then we can tell the world! Getting to that fat stage in normal clothes but feels fake in maternity clothes! Strangers i meet say how small i look! gee if only my back thought that hehe.

My little girl turns 4 in two weeks but we had her party last saturday, roller skating it was a lot of fun but i was stuffed then that night we went to a kindy bushdance fund raiser. It was great family fun but im still recovering. Then Miss almost 4 started Kindy on monday...youd think it would be easier with number 2 but i cried all the way home! I dont want her to grow up but she is really growing up into such a lovely beautiful girl! Such a proud mummy here..
    On another note have re started my multi Vits and boy do i feel better! Feel guilty now for not thinking of it sooner...

And you girls think i am dirty horn bag you all have sex on the brain to lol.

Dory my 7 week scan is next thursday just to see if there is 1 or 2 in there i think there is 1 healthy one.
    And we have not told my boys or DH daughter as it was very upsetting to them losing Abbi so we decided not to tell them until we get the all clear and if the bubby is sick and we have to end the pregnancy then they will never know so i don't want to stress them.

Mumoncemoreplease-Hey good to see you in here i am 6 weeks tomorrow and i have really sore (.)(.) weeing all the time and still really bloated from the stimm cycle i have AF like cramping off and on as i have with all my pregnancies i dont have my u/s until next thursday.

Murrycod-god luv ya i am so glad i made it in here with you i hope i get to the end with you as you have been a great friend and a good shoulder to lean on and i will really need you in the next few weeks.
    And you are just are bad in the bedroom antic's you little nymph.
    7kgs is worth it for a healthy bub you can always lose it after i have put on 2 since my ivf i still feel really swollen and fluidy so i am hopeing its just fluid retention and not fat.

Tegam-Thankyou so much it gave me goosebumps reading your post the SLO is a horrible syndrome and our gene fault is a really severe one so if any of our babies are effected they are badly affected some babies can be just mildly affected and have mild mental retardation and some organ abnormalities poor little Abbi was an extreme case and was classed non viable with life after the autopsy they professor said even life support would not have helped her heart and lungs would not have worked so we are hopeing that this bub is just a carrier like DH and I or doe's not have a copy of the gene at all.

AFM-well all this talk about blow jobs has me thinking DH is home tonight so i might go molest him he he.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrals4 View Post
    And you girls think i am dirty horn bag you all have sex on the brain to lol.

Dory my 7 week scan is next thursday just to see if there is 1 or 2 in there i think there is 1 healthy one.
    And we have not told my boys or DH daughter as it was very upsetting to them losing Abbi so we decided not to tell them until we get the all clear and if the bubby is sick and we have to end the pregnancy then they will never know so i don't want to stress them.

Mumoncemoreplease-Hey good to see you in here i am 6 weeks tomorrow and i have really sore (.)(.) weeing all the time and still really bloated from the stimm cycle i have AF like cramping off and on as i have with all my pregnancies i dont have my u/s until next thursday.

Murrycod-god luv ya i am so glad i made it in here with you i hope i get to the end with you as you have been a great friend and a good shoulder to lean on and i will really need you in the next few weeks.
    And you are just are bad in the bedroom antic's you little nymph.
    7kgs is worth it for a healthy bub you can always lose it after i have put on 2 since my ivf i still feel really swollen and fluidy so i am hopeing its just fluid retention and not fat.

Tegam-Thankyou so much it gave me goosebumps reading your post the SLO is a horrible syndrome and our gene fault is a really severe one so if any of our babies are effected they are badly affected some babies can be just mildly affected and have mild mental retardation and some organ abnormalities poor little Abbi was an extreme case and was classed non viable with life after the autopsy they professor said even life support would not have helped her heart and lungs would not have worked so we are hopeing that this bub is just a carrier like DH and I or doe's not have a copy of the gene at all.

AFM-well all this talk about blow jobs has me thinking DH is home tonight so i might go molest him he he.
    Oooo there might be two! Or three! Hehe

Enjoy the time with DH!

We havent told the kids about this bubba yet either. Why stress them with adult stuff before their time!

The stress you must be under having that loving baby in your tum but not knowing if its a forever baby is horrible. Its not like a MC where you can try to have faith in your body, you are completely out of control and how could you not already be in love! Im sure that Abbi is right there with you! Bring on the next 4weeks so we can all CELEBRATE!

OMG Tegam so sorry hun!!!! How cute about Little Miss 4 starting Kindy!!! After your little teary episode, I hope you got to enjoy some time at home with just yourself XX

Ferrals.......... the 7kg I have put on is totally in my boobage, and they are out of bounds from DH ..................LMAO ....nimph...... ;> He wishes

My goodness I hope you ladies have a positive effect on me... I have completely lost my nymph drive since falling pg, and I think DH is out of hints he can throw and is about to molest me hahahah

just a few quick persies from me:

dory: you need to start believing girl!! Relax and enjoy - You're nearing the pointy end!

ferrals: Those levels are fantastic!!! Congrats!! I can't wait until your scans and tests are done and you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

mumoncemoreplease: I have a scan monday as well and I'm worrying about exactly the same things, so FX we both come back with great news!!

Hello to everyone else!! Hope you're all doing well

AFM I had my first OBs appointment today. All went well, except I still feel like I'm waiting in limbo. I have another scan booked for Monday, so FX there is a HB and all is fine.

Hi girls,
    just a quick one so I thought I would drop in and let you know how I went this morn....went to drs, he didn't want to do bloods until I got a scan done so he gave me a referral. Rang them and they could fit me in in half an hr (9.30) so started guzzling the water down (which nearly came back up, now take a bucket with me in the car). was so nervous and scared as I sat there.....

And the verdict is...........................there is a heartbeat 135bpm, measuring a day less but they aren't too fazed about that at the moment!!! I cried I couldn't help it!!

Iona - Well done.... and congrats for seeing the heartbeat... I know the moment, i too cried in joy when technician said - "OFCOURSE YES" - there is a heartbeat and pointed towards that...and i was on cloud 9 the whole day....now, don't stress and just relax and look after yourself. Trust yourself and the bub, everything will be allright. So Happy for you and the news...Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Murraycod - I am here only, i was sick - vomiting, vomiting and more of it..yakkkkkkkk......and trust me its not good....you dont want to eat anything after you throw-up. i think my bub is hating whatever i am cooking at the moment and resulting in throwing-up... i saw alot of Masterchef lately...LOL.
    How are you and hows everything going on? juicy boobage..hmmm..my DH commented - are they just for looking or can i squeeze them as well; when can i squeeze them?? lol... they are sore and i dont let me touch...heheeeeeeeee

Dory - Thanks for asking about me again and again. I am so happy that everything is well at your end and you were excited about your appt. and had a good time in the classes.... You have given me so much strength and positivity...i cant thank you enough in words... its a HUG TIME..xx

Ferrals - all the best for 7 weeks scan. FX for you and the bub... could be 2 in there..that would be a nice surprise. I will be praying for the wellbeing of bub and sending you heaps of love, wishes and prayers. Take care. Your posts definietly put a smile on everyone's place and Glad you are here with us. xx

Tegam, Mrs Kara, - how are you ladies???

Eliselouise - 37 weeks...all excited and ready for the big day...I am so happy. Actually one of my friend is also due in 3 weeks (she is in UK) and you remind of her...I wish you all the best for everything.

mumoncemoreplease - Welcome to the BB pregnancy thread. Wish you a H &H pregnancy term and a smooth joyful 9 months. all the best for your u/s. keep posting.

AFM - i dont know its m/s or what - whatever i am eating these days - i am throwing everything and feel gassy and bloated all the time..yesterday i cooked some potatao and beans and everything came out in shape..yakkkk... i am feeling very week. rest is all good. My 20 week u/s is booked on 27th aug..eagerly waiting to see bub and to know the gender as well ( thinking whether to find-out or not?). we still havent disclosed the world about the news (except family), so thats going to be hard as we are thinking to tell everyone after 20 weeks and my Dh is thinking of inviting everyone for drinks in mid sept and i will be 23 weeks by then...thats a long time...heheeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Hey all the experienced ladies - when do we feel movements of the bub??? i read in some forum - gals are saying 15 weeks, 17 weeks, 20 weeks...even the first timers said that they feel LO kicks in 16- 17 weeks??? when when when...

Take care all.
    Will post more from now on...

Love and wishes,
    Ric xx

Ric-my 1st son i felt at 18 weeks my 2nd and 3rd i felt around the 16 weeks but with Abbi i felt her at 14 weeks just tiny flutters but i felt her.

Ferrals - i get some fish moving in my tummy, not regular - like when i am in deep concentration, reading something or so....is that baby???????????????
    i think i have to wait for solid kick. how are you? m/s, nausea???

Ric-that little swishy feeling would be your bub woohoo so exciting.

And m/s nausea what is that i have never had it with any pregnancy i am so lucky the only thing i have is excruciatingly painful boobs i had to buy a maternity bra with no wire to make me more comfortable and i am constantly weeing we go shopping and i have to stop every 20 minutes for a dribble and to be totally honest i have never felt like this with any of my other pregnancies so i wonder if it is the high hormones or left over from the ivf as i am still really bloated and swollen i have never shown before 16-18 weeks but i look 6 months and i am only 6 weeks.

Hi ladies,

Has been a while since my last post...

Just wanted to say to Ric that this time round I felt bub move at 15-16wks n my DP got his first feel at 18wks - small kick to his cheek but it was there.... We'd only feel bub move at night when in bed n I was lying on my back with no background noise...

These days omg there's not much room but she makes her presence very known!!

Not long to go now, go to our first n only birthing class next Saturday looking forward to it but also dreading the long day starts at 830 n finishes at 4-430....

Big hello to all the lovely ladies out there!!

Oh Iona congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!! That is fantastic news!

ric: I'm great thanks for asking I hope your m/s eases soon!!

ferrals: oooo the more you talk the more I'm thinking twins twins twins lol

Hiya to everyone else!

I'm feeling pretty good this evening. I had almost convinced myself that I would not see a HB on monday, then tonight I have extremely sore BBs and random hectic nausea while sitting in traffic. So, now I feel better! lol. I just wish it was Monday already!!

I love how busy it is in here now..... this will just be short for me.. will be back tomorrow....

Mummyoncemoreplease - welcome and congrats on your BFP...... every preg is different.... this time around I had extra sensitive nipples before anything else! It was weird....

Iona - congrats!

Ric - good to see a post from you! Missed you.

Murray - gorgeous girl - my fur baby's been in for radio active iodine treatment for the past 3 weeks for hyperthyroidism ( overactive thyroid). For him the treatment is relatively minor - a tablet - but he's radioactive and with little bubs staying snuggley, the radiation levels are too high to have him home or even for me to visit closely with him. For the first week he was basically in isolation in a radioactive bunker and then for 2 weeks DH could visit, but only for 20-30 mins per day. Sometimes I went and watched from a distance of 2 - 3 metres ( the vet says that distance was safe) for about 10 mins. It really helped me cope to see and hear him.... sometimes it did my head in to think of him in a strange place, and isolated from all his special cuddles and couped up in a cage. However the vet nurses all tell me how many cuddles he gets when I telephone to check on him. I remember being so worried about each of my boys when they went in for their snips.... they all bounced back really quickly.

Anyway, it's getting late and I need to do a few things before going to sleep. I will be a very happy Dory tomorrow as the fur baby will be home!

iona- yay for a healthy heart beat and size! i dont blame you for crying, i do too its just such a relief to see them doing well xxx
    dory- yay for fur bub coming home tomorrow! oh how happy your fur bub will be to see you!
    mskara- good luck on monday! i hope everything goes well, we all worry and the mind just thinks things over and over.
    hope- OoOo not long now hun, yay for birthing classes, i wish i could do them and have a natural, oh but me and dh might be no good in a class if we get the giggles oh how we giggle at silly things lol.
    ferrals- i had bad m/s but no sore bbs they have got firmer lol, i wish they would sit up more, dh says the boys sucked the life out of them lmaso, and by god they boys used to give me hell on the bbs lol. my bloating has settled alot over the last few days, but i had greasy snapper and chips so its popped back up! i usually have a bump the more kids the easier you tummy stretches!
    ric- sound likes a bub to me! i am so excited and amazed i have already had the a few butterfly feelings only in certains ways i sit or lye also everytime im in the shower bump will flutter away, i think i defently have a water baby this bub should be a fishy horoscope like me (i didnt spell it cause baby brain lmao!) but this is my 4th pg but 3rd time being this far my first two took longer to feel DS1 about 15-16 weeks then a few weeks later kicks, then DS2 was about 11-12weeks and felt kicks about 16-17 weeks. so hopefully it wont be long and you'll be feeling some stronger movement!

afm- well i had a wonderful day no m/s at all and bump gave me a wonderful suprise, i heard bumps heart beat and for a while too enough to get a heart rate on my doppler 162bpm! so it hasnt gone down yet still sitting in the 160's! i cried cause i was over the moon, dh got a quick listen before bump hid again, hopefully bump will let daddy listen soon for a while too!
    my bump is so much wider than with my boys lol, i think im carrying weight on my hips and thighs! but the bump sticks out well too, so god knows what this belly is doing. i accidently call bump she all the time! i dont mean to and correct myself, cause i dont want to upset bump if bump is a boy lol. my instincts have been right with the boys i knew they were boys, and my instincts say girl but that may be cause i havent had a girl yet, and another thing i worry about people being sad if bump is a boy dh and i are thrilled if bump is girl or boy, but i had my grandma say its a girl cause you dont have a girl, and you have to have a girl. i feel like theirs pressure on me having a girl cause its our last bub. i am just happy having a sticky bubba! also my mum and friends goes on wives tales, wives tales were right with boys, and if bump is a girl old wives tales will be right again! oh i hope my ob can get a looksie in at 15 weeks i am eager to shop lol!

Ashie-I know what you mean by the pressure to have a girl my mum has one grandaughter the 1st born who is 18 and then 7 grandsons aged from 17 to 8 months only my 18 year old neice and my 3 boys are biological the others are my step siblings kids so when a was pregnant with Abbi after 3 boy OMG! did i get the it has to be a girl your having a girl and god i hope you dont have another boy and when we found out it was a girl everyone was so over the moon the 1st grandaughter in 18 years and then when we found out we had to end the pregnancy i felt like i let everyone down it was a girl and i couldnt keep her.
    So now i am pregnant again i feel i little pressure for it to be a girl but i think after all our nightmare journey to get here and our risk of bubby having SLO everyone just wants a healthy bub and i presonally feel it is a boy so DH will be happy he doesnt have a boy he has one girl to his ex.
    We dont care what we get as long as this one we get to bring home.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast