Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after miscarriage or loss ~ September 2010

I just wrote a huge post and clicked on the wrong thing and lost it.

Luna-hope to see you back soon with good news.

Angelfish-my ex SIL had a placenta at the front and didnt feel any movements until late into the pregnancy and they were all down low.

T-Hopes-great levels not long until your scan.

Reet-I thought id feel better after weds scan but i am still concerned that our girl can have SLO but mildly there is such a broad variation from mild to servere even mild is cruel SLO babies dont sleep they usually have to be tube fed for months and are interlectually disabled and as they get older self harm and have autistic tendensies it is so scarey we should have had a definate answer by now if the doctor didnt stuff our cvs.
    I was very bloated until i got to 12 weeks i felt really uncomfortable now i feel heaps beter although i am not sleeping real good either not sure why.

Sunny09-love the huge post thanks for dropping in on me.

Timeforafamily-it was a relief not seeing any extra digits i just wish this journey was over for me to enjoy the rest of my pregnancy.

AFM-DH doesnt want any further testing after our 18th of oct scan he says what we get when she is born we will deal with as long as she has no major problems like heart and lungs ect like Abbi did he said no one knows what they will get when their baby is born and no one can garauntee a perfect healthy baby but i dont agree SLO is a horrible syndrome and most babies die within the 1st few months of life and it's no life for some one if they do live i was leaning towards an amnio to be sure but he doesnt want one it's a very hard choice

T-Hopes - Your HCG is great!

Reet - You will fall in love with your bump in no time, I garauntee. Enjoy not having to worry about whether you look slim and trim for a while hehe. I know I am! Things are ok with mum, she seems excited about the baby now after I had a few arguments with her about her lack of interest. She isn't going to be there for the birth, nor would I want her to be...... she panics over nothing and just stresses me out over the smallest things. SOOOOO not the best birth partner lol. Also, she's about 12hrs drive away, so yeah. If I did ask her to come she'd probably just make a bunch of excuses about how she has a cat to take care of. wtf, I know.. but that's the excuse she uses every time I've asked her to come and visit us in the last 7 years. I just kind of gave up on her ever bothering to come and see us. Honestly though it's probably for the best because she drives me crazy with her whacked out point of view. Like you can't open a window in case it rains on a sunny day. And you can't use anything in the kitchen or it'll get dirty. I couldn't handle her nit-picking the way I live and do things. NORMALLY. lol. And don't worry, I'm taking the laptop to Melbourne. I would miss everyone too much. Congrats on having some quality toilet time hehehehehe. Your headaches sound exactly like mine. I had the same thing last night, the pillow was making my neck/head hurt. It doesn't always though so I know it's not the pillow, it's me! I still have a headache today, but I've just taken a couple of panadol to get rid of it because I'm sick of lying around feeling crap. I'm wondering if they're hormonal or what.... they remind me of my af headaches. I hope yours disappear and never come back!

Angelfish - You'll look pg in no time, hun. I'm the opposite, and getting comments about my belly all the time. Some people just don't show very much, try not to feel bad.

Luna - I hope to see you back here soon, jumping for joy that your baby is ok. So sorry hun, I'm keeping everything crossed for you and your precious bubby.

Ferrals - I hope you and DH can come to an agreement about whether or not to undergo further testing. I do understand his point..... but yours is valid too. You just want the best for your little girl. Totally understandable.

AFM - Struggling to get the house clean and everything washed and packed (limited wardrobe here, lol) for our trip. We have a friend coming to take care of the furbabies, so at least I can relax about that. I might try to make him a nice chocolate cake and leave a bottle of bourbon in the kitchen for him as a thank you. I was sooooo worried about leaving our puppy, but I know he'll be ok with our friend. Now I don't have to cry every day I'm away from my little mr snugglebum worrying he's heartbroken. LOL..... I'm such a sook! In pg news, I feel like my tummy grows every day, and my cravings change just as quickly. Today I want apples. And yoghurt. FINALLY I'm craving something that isn't completely devoid of nutritional value.

hiya all - geez I miss being in here... I really really enjoyed being pregnant... scary, overwhelmingly scary at times, but a very very special time. Don't worry abut whether you show or not... I thought I hardly showed at all and grew a ten pounder.

Ferrals - it is very hard, the syndrome is tough and it's also tough when you have different views to DH. All I can suggest is talk and talk and talk with DH about it... hopefully thre's a pathway through this for you.

Forshelby - LOL re your mum and you.

Luna - fx crossed and big hugs.

Murray - how are you?

Better run, out of time here.

I think of you all often and I do miss being able to get in here more often. Take care. All my love.

Dory - Hi, hun! I agree pregnancy is a very special time. My pg is going way too quickly, 40 weeks sounds like a long time until it's happening. It'll be over in the blink of an eye and my kid will be 15, saying he/she hates me, slamming the door and cranking up weird scary 'new agey' music. LOL. Unless I confiscate the stereo. I hope little Hannah is growing big and strong, and being kind to her Mummy and Daddy of course. It's always good to see you pop in, you've been an inspiration to us all, and continue to be.

Oh Ferrals: What a hard hard time there still is ahead of you. I cant even begin to suggest what id do. I have had no experience that would give me the inside knowledge as to what you are going through! Like Dory i suggest you just talk your hearts out...All my support and strength to you and your DH!

Dory: so nice to hear from you!

Hello everyone else!

Felling that pregnancy hump at the moment, where i am so sore and over it already but it still feels like an age before the baby comes! Hehe hopfully the old back comes good again soon and i can stop the self whines!! hehe

Hi Girls

Tegam not too long only 13 weeks - hope its starts to go a bit quicker for you

ForShelby you are so funny you crack me up you have your bub a teenager already hehe

Hi Dory - yah to to see you back in here how is Hannah going? hows motherhood

Ferrals - what a hard decision i cant even imagine. Your DH sounds like an amazing man

I feel terrified before my scan next week all the other girls in the belly buddies have scans this week and im sure all will be perfect then mine will be bad. i dont think i can even go in that group this week.
    im feeling so sooky lala tonight
    I have my first OB appointment on tuesday think ill beg him to do a quick scan for me just to calm the fears for a while at least

Oh Kellbell: I had to have breaks from my Belly buddies group for the same reason and also when a few had to say farewell... Thats why i think we all 'hide' in here thru our pregnancies.

13 weeks eke all i can say is that DD was born in only 9! I hope that this one isnt too comfy

hello.... thought i would join in here!
    hello forshelby, reet, dory, kellbell - nice to see you again!
    and hello to all the other lovely pregnant ladies !!

i'm sitting here feeling so bloated after eating 2 pieces of pizza (believe me i can usually eat a few more LOL) and am feeling really good about being pregnant but also thinking it is taking AGES to get this first trimester over with !!!

Have been having mild nausea most days but can't even whinge to anyone about it (apart from my poor DH) which makes it doubly bad... especially at work. am trying to lay low and avoid social functions unless absolutely necessary so have had a massive week on Ebay (buying, selling) plus completely reorganised my wardrobe and am 90% of the way through a big garden re-vamp... so at least i'm getting some stuff done.... but just want to be able to start telling people and really planning (ie. after 12 week scan is OK) for this little bubba.

40 weeks seems an eternity !??!?!??

anyways, looking forward to getting to know you all

Angelfish- Oh u make me a bit scared that im going to be super nervous this whole pregnancy! I hope u can begin to feel less anxious before u/s's and drs appointments etc. soon. Like u have said a good heartbeat is a great sign.. i also need to remind myself of this everyday! When is ur next drs appointment?

TFAF- Thankyou so much for that info on ur friend.. I feel exactly the same! Sometimes i honestly think i cld pass for someone thats 6 months pg! Whenever i go out i always have to remember to hold my tummy in.. cos how embarrassing to be asked how far along i am and have to say only 12 weeks! I do have good days and bad days tho.. my digestive system has always been pretty slack. I started thinking about taking metamucil... its fine throughout pg?? hopefully it wont give me headaches!

Ferrals- I just feel super frustrated when reading ur posts.. why oh why did that stupid dr have to mess up ur results!! Its absolutely insane!
    I think u have to go with ur heart.. if u feel strongly enough that u want the amnio then i think u shld have it.. atleast then u will be able to relax for the rest of the pg if everything is fine.

Forshelby- Oh im glad things are sorted with ur mum.. so do u think it will be u visiting her with bubs when ur ready or do u think she might be able to put her cat in a cattery and come and see u? (and stay in a hotel! ) Do u get on with ur sister? Will she come visit u??
    And yep ur headaches do sound exactly like what i was having.. god i hope mine dont hang around tho.. it was continuous for 3 days but hasnt been back today.. hopefully it stays away.. from the both of us!! My mum said she had headaches for half her pg.. so it must be hormonal i reckon.
    U leave for melb. tomoro hey! Woohoo! Heard its freezing there so take ur winter woolies! (that was from a cairns girl tho.. our freezing is 18 degrees!)

Hi Dory- Lovely to see ur name in here!

Tegam-Hope ur back is feeling better soon. Did u ever have problems with it before u were pg or is it just a pg thing?? Just so i know what to expect as i get bigger!

AFM- I have an ob. appointment tomoro.. i cant wait to see how bubs is going.. except im super super nervous once again! Im hoping everything is all fine so i can go to NT scan on wednesday without feeling stressed (altho im sure there will still be some nerves.. im hopeless!)

Hope everyones weekends were relaxing! xx

Kellbell- I know exactly how ur feeling.. everything seems to be running so smoothly in our bb group.. i keep thinking ill be the one that stops that. Defintely ask ur ob. for a quick scan for piece of mind. How long ago did u see ur baby??

Hi glenglen! Mmmmmm pizza yum! I feel like some! That might be tomoro nights dinner
    Ive started doing stuff around the garden and cleaning out cupboards in the kitchen etc too.. nesting has hit us early?! haha
    I know what u mean about feeling sick but not being able to tell anyone.. i had to tell my family earlier then what i wanted cos i work for my dad and he was telling them all that he thought i was depressed cos ive got no energy and am grumpy alot! haha oops! Only another 3 weeks til u can spread the word!

We saw bubs at nine weeks so a couple of weeks ago. My scan was booked for tomorrow but now have to wait till next tuesday due to the dates being out. Its so close yet so far away just want bubs to be healthy and growing. Id have a scan every day if i could. My OB retired so a new OB for me just hoping he has an Uss machine in his office like my old doctor
    Good luck for tommorow - ill be thinking of you
    Hello GlenGlen - so happy to see you in here.

Tegan - Shall we call it the bump-hump? You poor thing. I hope your back gets better soon.

Kellie - LOL, If he/she is anything like me I'm going to have one heck of a ride through the teen years... i can't help but look forwards that far. Good luck for your scan! Try not to stress, hun all will be great I know it.

Glenglen - It seems like an eternity now but everything after 12wks has flown for me so far. I hope your ms eases off soon, that is by far one of the suckier symptoms. Your 2 pieces of pizza pales in comparison to my massive record of 6 since getting utd. LOL

Reet - It won't be long before you can't hold your tummy in hehehe. I'd have to say I'm there now. DP says it looks like a real preggy belly now. 'Sweet child of mine' came on the radio yesterday and he was singing along and prodding at my belly... so cute. I don't see myself going up to see mum after bubs is born, not for a long while anyway... it's hard enough dragging myself up there let alone taking a baby. Plus mum's place is so full of dust and my room was filled with junk so I don't want to sleep in the lounge with a tiny bub. Ughhh. She'll have to come and stay in a hotel if she wants to visit sometime next year. Hopefully when bub is a bit bigger and I'm 'established' as a mum myself. My sister will come and visit for sure, she lives here on the GC with me and seems pretty pumped to have another niece or nephew. My headaches aren't as bad as they were, thank god but they come and go. I'm excited about our trip tomorrow but so tired from running around like an idiot getting ready. It's always freezing down there... I was born in North QLD so I know what you mean. I'm a winter sook, lol. Good luck for your ob appt tomorrow! I'll jump on bb as soon as I can to see how you went. Nearly time for your NT as well, wow! You'll be stoked when you see how much bubs has grown and how he/she wiggles around. I loved that scan.

Glenglen-welcome looking forward to get to know you the 1st trimester seems to take forever before you know it you will be in double digits.

Tegam-Thanks hun i am slowly getting there just the wait for something to go wrong is the hard part DH and i decided to see what the geneticist says and how the next scan is before we decide on an amnio.
    OOH! and yeh not to long for you now.

Reet-your ob appointment will be fine i look forward to hearing about your wriggling bub.
    And frustrating is not the word all this waiting and uncertainty but i must admit she look perfect on u/s so i am feeling a little more positive i just want to get past the bone measurements next monday if they are normal i will feel a lot better.

Kellbell-i have stayed away from my BB group a fair bit they are all talking baby clothes prams and nurseries ect and i still dont know if my bub is normal or not and the other ladies have no idea what i am going through an u/s to them is just to see their bub one more time i know some worry about no heart beat ect but an u/s for me is terrifying.
    Thats why i post here everyone has had a loss and understands my anxiety and why i am a headcase.

AFM-spent the weekend obsessing over this bubs u/s and compairing it to Abbi's one this baby looks totally different and moves normally compared to Abbi and you could see Abbi's abnormalities they were so obvious and she really did not look right this little girl was yawning and stretching her arms and legs and she just looked beautiful so i do feel better having compaired them.
    I am so in love with my girl we just need this next scan to be perfect and the geneticist to give me some positive news then i can actually believe that i will be bringing this baby home.

Reet I hope you have a beautiful Ob appointment today.

Kellbell shame you are waiting a little longer for your scan instead of today. Just think how developed bub will be next week when you have it. If you lived near me I could have done a scan for you over the weekend lol. I've been practicing using the ultrasound machine at work. Not game enough to try on myself but incase I can't see it and panick. Hope your new Ob has the machine in his office also.

Ferrals I am pleased to hear your feeling a little more positive about this pregnancy. Your princess sounds perfect.

Not much to report from me. Now 13+4 woohoo slowly slowly getting there. Bubs has gone all quiet on me which still freaks me out although I know its completely normal. Had such a boring weekend at work I spent time playing with the doppler on myself and could hear bubs HR so I guess everything is progressing well.

Mildez- I want ur job!! (or atleast to live near u and be ur friend! ) U/s machine and doppler right there for u to play with! I wld become really obsessed with checking! haha. U lucky thing

Will be back later on! xx

reet i did not mean to make you scared or nervous that is the last thing i want to do.

With me people have been giving me things and my b/f has been saying i dont know why people are not waiting till the baby is born something bad can happen between now and then. When i just got myself into a postive mod. In two days i have my next dr appt just the mesure my stomach and listen to the hb and check to see how my dieabities is going .

welcome to the new people you will love it here

Oh no angelfish i didnt mean that badly! All i meant was i thought maybe after the 12 week mark the anxiety and fear will just miraculously disappear.. but im finding that probably wont be the case!

Thats a shame that ur bf is being negative like that doesnt help calm ur fears. Has he been coming to the drs appointments and u/s's with u?? If he hasnt make sure u start dragging him along with u.. hopefully then he will believe that this pregnancy is going just how it shld be and u will meet ur healthy baby very soon.
    If u start being positive and believing that everything is going to be fine then hopefully he will catch on to those good happy vibes and he will become more positive too.

Kell- Hopefully ur ob. has an u/s machine in his room and ur mind can be put at ease for atleast the next few days! It normally takes about 3 days for the fear to come back into me.. so annoying! I wish it wld just stay away. I dont want to worry this whole pg!

Forshelby- Aww that is sweet that ur dp was singing that to ur tummy! I hope ur plane trip to melb. is uneventful and the waits at the airports arent too long. Enjoy ur time away!

Ferrals- Ill defintely be thinking of u next monday and sending u all the luck in the world. If everything comes back fine with that u/s then will u be happy not to get the amnio?

AFM- Just about to get ready for ob. appointment.. i am trying to make myself go to the toilet before i go but nothing seems to be working (tmi!) i am so so clogged up..once again! Im going to weigh probably an extra 2 kgs if i dont manage to go! And my stomach looks big from all the bloatedness! At my last ob. appointment there was a lady who was 13 weeks pg and she was so so thin. I might wear one of my floaty tops today

Reet - he has only been to the 20 week scan he already had two girls with his ex wife they are 10 and 9 and he does not feel that he needs to be there. He is really dispointed that he is not getting his boy. I am happy becouse i have been told so many times this would never happen. thank you

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast