Thread: 17 Weeks & Swollen Feet & Ankles..

Default 17 Weeks & Swollen Feet & Ankles..

Has anyone else experienced this yet? My ankles were so swollen over xmas i had to rest with them up majority of the day and now i can feel my shoes are getting tighter to put on.. 8-[

Maybe it is moreso just the heat? or is it not too early to experience this?

mizzsocial Guest

With the Hot Weather Melbourne has been gettting, id say its totally normal... have you also been on your feet a lot? I found with my last pregnancy id get really bad swallon ankels when i was on my feet a lot.

No that is why it seems strange to me, i sit down at my desk majority of the day and my feet look like balloons today..

Rac - the heat may very well have a lot to do with it but I also found when we were travelling and I was sitting all day that mine started to swell. I think if you stand all day or sit all day rather than being up and down all the time the potential is there. Maybe you could raise your feet on a stool at work or something and see whether that helps. But let your doc know at next check so they are aware anyway.

Awww Rac you poor chicky.... is there anyway you could sneak a bowl or foot spa under your desk & have some cold/luke warm water in it to soak your feet..... Just ahve a pair of slippers to chuck on if you need to get up in a hurry LOL .... hmmm might have to do that myself LOL

I agree with the other girls and it could just be the heat. I noticed mine swelled up with the heat and I am not on my feet all day either but didn't put them up like I sometimes do. If you can try and bring in one of those feet seat thingys and put your feet up under your desk and when you get home too.

Also I would suggest telling your Dr/OB when you go and see them next.

Good luck and I hope your ankles don't swell up again.

Hi Rac

Your feet are swelling because you are sitting down for most of the day. You need to exercise your feet when sitting. The heat would also effect them.

Bec Guest

Yes my ancles are swollen and look discusting.

I only noticed it at about 7pm i have been resting them abit but tv is sooo boring at this time of year.

It says in my book to reduce your salt intake? and today i ate all salty things ](*,) so i am mad now. I am also eating chocolate cos I am abit sad about the way my body is looking atm lol

Bec

Alan how do i exercise them sitting down?

Also at xmas i noticed the problem started when i went shopping for an hr and my ankles swelled up like balloons & my feet killed (doesn't normally happen until now im pregnant, so could it be a fluid problem?

Hi Rac

It is a fluid problem. Your bady is retaining fluid for your baby.

To exercise your feet wriggle your toes, make circles with your feet, scrunch up your feet. Also if possable put your feet up whenever you can.

Rac - I was getting swollen feet and have been doing little excercises at work under the desk and they seem to be going down! but then if i forget for a day then they are back to puffy!

Fantastic thank you everyone..

Will get onto those straight away Alan..