Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 18-20week u/s,Slightly enlarged kidneys.. UPDATE PG3

mizzsocial Guest

ROSE, any updates?

How did it go Rose?

Hi girls,

Thanks for the suport. All went well. So amazing as to the difference in the look of baby in 14 weeks. Renal pelvis is all good. No problems. There is a chance I will have a retained placenta and need to be prepared for that but I had one with #1 so I know a little of what to look forward too.

All the best for you emishka & mizzsocial. Don't worry cause I'm sure it will all work out soon.

mizzsocial Guest

Rose, im so happy they are all back to normal!

Thanks so much for updating us..

Im not sure what a retained placenta is, but i hope all goes well with that..

Take care...

Thanks for looking in mizzsocial.

A retained placenta is where the placenta is stuck and does not come away from the wall of the uterus. It usually needs manually removal.

Rose, I am so glad things are back to normal for your bub... I guess it is a slight plus that you are prepared for a retained placenta ( was just reading about it). Hopeing all is going well. I can't belive you will meet your bubs soon..

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Rose,
    my little girl has an enlarged kidney, i'm going back for the 28 week scan in 4 weeks. I was so gald to read your post that your little one's kidney's are all better. best news I've heard all day.

\/

Cee_Cee99, please don't stress about it. I have a few mid/w friends that were saying that even if the scan came back as still having the dilated kidney, it is not serious and usually they have grown out of it by birth or their 12 month birthday. They just monitor them closely so there is no sign of kidney infection. They are more prone to infection due to the urine not draining as efficiantly. Hope I have eased your mind a little. I think if I had stressed about it like I started to, look how much time I would have missed enjoying the pregnancy. 14 weeks.

Take care girls and will be looking out for any updates from you.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

thanks rose,
    not worried about the kidney really, in fact when they told me I was like, "you only need one kidney anyway" so no big deal... but then they pulled me into a room and told me it was a sign that my girl has Downs, and that is what worries me... a bad kidney is nothing compaired to the long list of health problems she will face if she has Downs.. I am pinning my hopes that the kidney is fixed as it means she may be normal (the doctors dissagree, they think one a 'sign' always a 'sign', whether fixed or not), but I know that if the kidney is OK at the 28 week scan, then I will not have to worry about Downs, that she will be fine...my age puts my little girl at risk as well, they said if they found this problem in a 19 year old mother they would not be worried about Downs. I'm trying not to think about it, trying to be healthy and happy, but I would be lying if I did not say a pray every night before I sleep.

Of course I will keep you updated, good luck with the rest of your journey.

Cee_Cee99, is this the only sign you have of the chances of downs or did they mention other things? How old are you, if you don't mond me asking? They did not mention any of this to me. I do hope all is ok and that you will end up with a very healthy child. U/s are not always right either.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Rose,
    I will be 35 in July. They said if I was younger then it is not a soft sign, it is only a sign if it is combined with older women... Ho Hum!

I'm 34 in June. You would not have thouht 1 year would have made any much difference. Any way my prayers are with you.

mizzsocial Guest

hey, a little update.. ive been booked in for an 30 week u/s on the 3rd April.. im really nervous!!

Wish me luck.. Ill defiently update.

Mizzsocial, you will be in my thoughts for your 30 week scan... I hope all improves.. Just like I am hoping for Cee Cee and myself..

Cee Cee they told me too that it increased my downs risk so that is on my mind. I am 33...

mizzsocial Guest

emishka, i think its only if one kidney is larger than the other, then its considered a "soft sign" of downs.. although i could be wrong..

Did you get the 12 week scan done to estimate your risk of having a baby with downs??

Cee_Cee99 Guest

mizzsocial - ohhh.. you are 3 days before me... good luck honey. Lots of prays for you and your bubba for a good healthy scan. [-o<

mizzsocial Guest

Hey girls the ultrasound will now be on the Friday 31st.. so just 4 days away.. ill keep everyone posted..

Thinking of you mizzsocial. Are you getting it done privately or through the hospital?

emishka, i think its only if one kidney is larger than the other, then its considered a "soft sign" of downs..
    Mine showed up one bigger than the other and nothing was mentioned about downs :-k I am almost 34 so not sure re the downs.Take care girls. Try not to worry.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast