Thread: 25 weeks PG & no appetite

Default 25 weeks PG & no appetite

Anyone else lost entire appetite in second trimester? I just dont feel like eating I'm currently 25 weeks PG.

I have had quite a bit of stress lately which may be contributing to it but my weight has been up & down since day 1 of this PG, I have recently put on 3kg so I'm back to my starting weight when I fell PG.

Seems strange that I just don't want to eat??? I forced myself to have an apple at lunch time & had a chocolate bar while out & about this afternoon but thats it! I'm taking multivitamins (pregnancy ones) so not too worried at the moment.

My next hospital visit isn't for another 2 weeks, as this is my second baby I had 8 weeks between the visits.

Has anyone experienced or is anyone else experiencing this???

Lovenhope Guest

Hi Danielle,
    I had m/s for most of my first preg. The doc said as long as I take the supplements properly I would be o.k. I also lost a few kilos before I started to gain. Sounds pretty normal to me. Goodluck with the rest of your preg.

Do you have headaches, feel pain in your upper body (around your diaphragm - like a wind/gas that can't get out), see little "spots" in your vision?? If yes, get your urine and bloodpressure tested. Having no appetite was one of the "symptoms" I got with the HELLP syndrome. I don't want to freak you out, just inform you.

I do agree with sandygirl. If you take your supplements, I don't think there would be a problem.
    HTH

I had no appetite and MS throughout my whole pregnancy with DS and I found that I could manage soups and boost type frozen juices.

I had that somewhere around 20 weeks where I just didn't feel like eating and then when I tried eating I just felt full after taking a couple of bites. However it did pass and I am now back to eating normally. I say trust your body and listen to it, if you are in danger of starving yourself or your baby your body will kick in and make you feel ravenous!!

Good luck!

Thanks ladies, hopefully it will pass soon then

Hi Danielle

My appetite still comes and goes - I think tiredness / sleep deprivation and stress levels contribute to it. I find if I haven't slept well, or if I am stressed about something, I am less likely to eat. Some days I am ravenous though! Others, I can go right through lunch time without eating or feeling hungry.

~Belinda~ Guest

I lost my appetite at some stage in my 2nd trimester. I lived on zooper doopers for ages!!

Thanks girls, I feel normal again knowing alot of woman go through exactly the same thing
    You've really helped!

~Belinda~ Guest

Good to hear, I actually should have bought shares in zooper doopers! LOL

With my second pregnancy i lost 5 kilos. I didnt start gaining weight until i was 28 wks.
    And i had an 8 pound 12ounce baby....hehe
    I just didnt want to eat either....no food was appealing to me. I just wasnt interested
    I live on saltana bran....thats all i wanted to eat

Dani what happened to all the lasagne and gelato you ate in early pregnancy??? lol. I have no advice sorry except to say that your body will tell you when you need to eat more. Go to the chocolate shop that you lurve but dont make yourself sick this time mwah xoxo

i went through the same thing a few weeks ago , i hardly ate any thing . and now its once or twice i day i have a big meal and nibble in between .... as long as you are keeping your fluids up ... now its getting cooler i keep forgetting to drink water .... oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by MrsB26 View Post
    Dani what happened to all the lasagne and gelato you ate in early pregnancy??? lol. I have no advice sorry except to say that your body will tell you when you need to eat more. Go to the chocolate shop that you lurve but dont make yourself sick this time mwah xoxo
    Kristy hahaha you nutter!!! My haven't things changed since early pregnancy, although even with eating all that lasagne & gelato I still managed to lose 6kg in the first trimester!! LOL I actually had curried sausages last night so things are looking better now.
    BTW, OMG did you have to mention my chocolate shop!!! They are open late tonight, I guess we'll be going for a drive now YUMMO!!!
    PS I can't believe you're 9 weeks already!!!! Well done hun xoxo

Lea Thanks, I've been nibbling a bit today, well I've had some weetbix & an apple which is more than recent times, looks like it might be passing already!

SJ Funny how it works out hey, you may have a small belly but still have a big baby!! DD was 8lb 13oz & I was small & pretty much lived off only spaghetti & fruit (not together haha) So your bub would have been nice & cuddly like my little chubba hehehe

Evening star LOL @ buying shares, I think the same way about the medication I take for HG, because I need it all the way through pregnancy & costs $12 per tablet (yes $12 per tablet) I definately should look at shares hahaha

Thanks again ladies for your advice

Hope it passed soon for you Danielle! I am living on dry toast atm....no appetite hear either!

I am feeling very much the same, I will have some cereal for breakfast and only have a snack in the afternoon and no dinner. My weight hasn't moved for weeks and I even think I may have lost a kilo, so far I have gained just under 5 kg's.
    I definately put it down to stress as I am experiencing more than my fair share atm too.
    hope you feel better soon.

DanielleM - HAHA My babies came out fat lol
    They were both huge and born with little fat rolls!