Thread: Advice in general? Please?

Tiffany. Guest

Default Advice in general? Please?

Well, I'm young - and pregnant, obviously. But I don't know what to do, in order to keep my baby healthy. What foods should I not eat? Which are good - and which ones, more importantly, are bad?

I want to do things properly, not risking my child. And sort of little tips would be absolutely lovely.

Thanks!

Tiffany. Guest

Thanks, I'll look it up right away. I feel sort of dumb for asking in the first place. #-o

Tiffany. Guest

It certainly was an interesting and insightful read. But I just feel like I don't know enough. ](*,) Miscarriage worries me.

Hi Tiffany and congratulations on your pgy. I am sure you will get lots of info here and people who are more than willing to discuss anything in relation to pgy with you. All the best for a H&H pgy.

Take care Kas

Hi Tiffany, How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I will be 22 in 2 weeks! I am 11 weeks pregnant tomorrow!
    This is my first bub! DH and I are very excited but like you it seems like an endles amount of things you need to know what to and not to eat do etc etc! People telling you conflicting things its ridiculous, I have found this site extremily helpful especially in the belly buddies with people that are going through the same things!
    Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Hi Tiffany and congrats on your first pg!!

Like you, I was bewildered by what to eat/not to eat, but I found the info on this site helpful. For more advice on food, the FSANZ (Food Standards Australia New Zealand) and the NSW govt site had a fair bit of info on what to eat during pregnancy. They also put out a small brochure that fits in your purse and has the same info. I picked one up from a local fish shop.

Worrying about miscarring is completely normal and is almost a pg 'symptom' itself!

All the best for a happy and healthy pg!!

Really, just eat as healthily as you can, lotsa leafy greens and all that jazz, plenty of water.

That said I ate half a tube of pringles, half a box of bbq shapes, and WAY too much cream cheese last night.

angelique Guest

Dont worry sweetheart,

I am worried about what I am not eating and what I am eating all the time. These food restrictions make me scared to eat anything at all sometimes. But I think if you eat healthy foods made freshly you should not have a problem. Make sure you take a supplement regularly. I take the blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding supplement and it seems to be working for me.

Does anyone else get paranoid about all these food restrictions?

My sis gave me a book she called it her pregnancy bible its a double book called ~what to expect when your expecting` and `what to eat when your expecting` I have to admit its a great book its full of pretty much everything you need to know i do deffinately reccomend it..... mind you im sitting here eating nuttella straight from the jar at the moment i know i shouldnt but its just so darn yummy =P~ lol
    Anyways keep an eye out for that book its a gooden

Have a great day
    Mel

Bec Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mellon23
    it..... mind you im sitting here eating nuttella straight from the jar at the moment i know i shouldnt but its just so darn yummy =P~ lol
    Mel
    I have been doing this it is so yummy. my DH does not even know I have a jar lol

Bec