Hi everyone,

The first thing I thought of this morning was that i must see if there are any other posts answering my dilemna. I am pleased to say that there was and they, just like the others last week, have been really helpful. I have been loath to say this before, but my dp and I are both of the opinion that if there was something wrong we would terminate the pregnancy. However, that still doesn't mean I want to have the amnio either as I believe that the next scan at 19 wks or so can still detect the same problems as the NT plus others (thank you RYN for pointing that out to me as I had wondered about that).

It truly is a hard decision and I have spent so many agonising hrs pondering the decision. I guess all I can do at this stage is to see the genetic counsellor again tomorrow with my dp, before the scheduled amnio and make my decision from there. I have a lot of q's to ask about just how far the next scan can detect problems as this may further deter me from the amnio and risk of mc?

Thanks again everyone, I can't describe how wonderful it has been to hear back from so many of you caring people out there. Big smiles to you all, Nicole