Thread: Is baby just being sympathetic?

Default Is baby just being sympathetic?

I'm 22 weeks and have been getting walloped by baby, it's been great seeing my tummy move when baby's doing somersaults and such, but the last couple of days i have had a cold and havent felt baby moving as much, DH thinks i'm just not noticing it cos i'm not feeling well, what do you guys reckon? I can feel a little kick or two every now and again but nothing like before..

I would say it could be bcos you're not well and are distracted, could also be bcos you have changed your routine due to not feeling well, or it could be just that bub isn't as active - mine have always had days when they are more active than others and this is apparently very normal. If you are at all worried though, contact your ob or mw - peace of mind is better than worrying about sounding silly.

This bub moved the most when I had gastro and couldn't keep anything down. I think it loved having the extra room from my empty tummy! LOL!!

All the best,
    Melanie

It is not unusual to have days when your baby does not move as much. You will also get days where your baby will not stop moving. As long as your are feeling some movement everything is fine.

I think when you have a cold, bub also can feel the effects of the cold so s/he is not moving much to preserve it's energy and it may be feeling tired etc, just like you are.

Yep, like Tegan I heard the same thing - if you are feeling sick from a virus such as a cold bub can also feel sick and want to rest more than often. As long as there is some movement I wouldn't worry too much.

Hope you feel better soon *hugs*