Thread: bad feeling

Unhappy bad feeling

I can't shake the feeling that something is wrong with my baby. I'm due for a scan in a week and really can't wait for it. I don't know if i'm just being paranoid, which i hope i am, about something being wrong or losing the baby... I had a miscarriage last may which wasnt planned and was only 4wks along but it was hard to cope with i don't think i could deal with it again.
    I keep thinking i'm sure my DS was moving more at this stage of the pregnancy, this baby the movements are very light and not many strong kicks (unless i lean a certain way the baby doesnt like). I'm probably just being paranoid i'm sure in the next few weeks the baby will be kicking away like there's no tomorrow.
    I'm sure some of you can relate!

MummyNelly - I can relate to you feeling nervous, I was too after having an ep... I felt small flutters too at 18 weeks, now I am 22 weeks and bubs is kicking up a storm!!! May be your placenta is low lying and absorbing some of those kicks.... if you are really unsure go to the hospital and ask them to check if everything is ok, and then you can relax more... wishing you a happy and healthly pregnancy xx

Hi Nell

Big :hugs: to you. I know just how you feel. I mc'd last June and this pregnancy I have been convinced that somethings not right. I was soo worried before my 12 wk scan, but that was all fine. Then at my 18 week scan, I was sure a problem would be found, but it was just perfect..but still the worry never really goes completely. Even at 36 weeks now, last week I had another scan to make sure bub was an ok size because I looked very small, and again, a beautiful, healthy (and chubby!) babe came up on the screen. So I think I have been worrying for nothing, but still it's hard.
    I hope that your worry subsides soon and you have a great US next week..
    All the best with the rest of your pregnancy

Completely normal how you are feeling. I had two m/c early on and even now @ 33 weeks I still get nervous when bubs hasn't moved much or for a while. I have a scan next week and even though bubs has moved a fair bit today, I am still very nervous cos I have these horrible thoughts that something will be or is wrong......... I think for me it is my way of protecting myself if there is a problem IYKWIM. Good luck for tommorrow, I am sure everything will be fine.......... keep us posted.

thanks everyone, i have tears in my eyes now! (damn pregnancy hormones! hehe) I've been getting a fair amount of small kicks tonight, bubs just reminding me i'm not alone. Wishing u all the best with ur pregnancies and i will keep u posted for sure!

Hello,

I am glad to hear baby gave you some kicks as a friendly reminder, I am sure if you are feeling any movement it's still a good sign. Well better than no movement right?

I am waiting for movements and told I might have to wait to 20 weeks but I'll go nuts with worry by then.

I have had times during this pregnancy when I have convinced myself something was wrong. So much so I convinced myself there was no longer a connection to the baby and blah blah blah and of course baby was fine.

It's been a while since my last scan (although head HB on doppler) and these crazy thoughts are creeping back. I just need to SEE the baby is ok, but I guess I got I got a long while to see for myself.

goodluck...

Well here's a worrier telling you not to worry! Sam situation a bit 0 I had a m/c last year so of course always in slight panic mode for this one. Id read many books and htreads all saying movements were normal from about 14 weeks to 20 weeks and here I am at 20 weeks with no definate move. When I went for my scan on THURS I thought for sure there would be something wrong. BOY was I wrong! Our baby was practically doing backflips in there! Moving like they had just drank 4 litres of coke! It was quite funny really. So now I;m not worried because I know there is an active one int ehre and I will feel the proper moves soon. Good luck at your scan!

MummyNelly, what you are feeling is perfectly normal. I totally relate myself to your feelings. Last week, I had my 12 weeks scan and the night before that, I was so convinced that something was going wrong with my baby... I worried for the whole night tossing in bed. In the morning, I was so afraid to look at the monitor while the technician was doing the scan. When she noticed my anxious looking face, she told me that my baby looks healthy... from then on, I was relieved. Now, I am waiting for my 18 week scan, and I start feeling eager about it already. In the mean time, I try to relax and tell myself to think positive because I don't want to affect my bub!

I had my scan yesterday afternoon and bubbles was cheeky as, kicking away the ultrasound probe and grabbing at their feet while trying to get a picture of their hands! No obvious problems, bub did not stop moving!! I still don't feel alot of movement but are starting to feel more now. I read in my last u/s report that the placenta is on my anterior uterine wall which may explain me not feeling as strong or as many movements???
    We also found out the sex, we have another little man on the way!
    AND she thinks im further along, due on the 15th instead of the 26th!

Awww fantastic news Nell! So glad everything went well, and congrats on having another little man!

Congrats MummyNelly - i guess you can have some relief after your scan!

sajemsha Guest

Hi Nell, I've been following your thread and it's great to hear that all is well with your baby, it's so nice to see them with the ultrasound and it all feels so much more real Once you get furthure along you'll feel heeps of moving and kicking, then you'll now your baby boy is doing well, I'm nearly 27 weeks and this baby moves consantly I'm getting loads of reassurance now. Take care and enjoy your pregnancy!

Thanks everyone it's comforting too to know that i'm not the only one being a worry wart!
    All the best with your pregnancies may u get lots of kicks.
    Good luck Lee, not long to go!!
    Sajeshma i'm sure the last 12 weeks will fly by! Good luck!