Thread: Beginning The 2nd

Smile Beginning The 2nd

Hello,

I am 14wks, just beginning the 2nd trimester. I'm very nervous , this is my 2nd baby. Brendan was born at 30wks with PPROM (Pre-term prelabour Rupture of Membranes) and I'm worried that I'm going to have another Premmie. This pregnancy has started off the same I have morning sickness allday, I've tried everything I can think of but nothing seems to work. There are so many foods I can't eat or can't stand the smell of.

Has anyone got any tips that worked for them?????

Hey Sally. I had really bad morning sickness in my first trimester aswell. They had to fly my fiance home from a course that he was doing so he could be with me.
    Have you tried dry biscuits (like ryvita, premeium, saos or saladas) BEFORE you get out of bed in the morning? Did wonders for me. Something about blood sugar levels. Also a cup of chamomile tea helps. Oh and ginger tea works too. Other than that not too sure. You probably know about the medication that you can get from the Dr???
    I hope that some of that info helps you....

Congratulations on your little boy Brendan!!! Try not to worry too much about this pregnancy.That is the last thing that lill Jelly Bean needs. Think positive When I first fell pregnant all I did was worry and it made me crazy. Now that I have stopped I feel sooooooo much better for it, I'm sure bubbie does too.

Well I hope that some of that info works for you!!!
    XXXXXXXXXX

I didnt have too much/too bad morning sickness but I had to have a couple of water crackers BEFORE i even thought about getting out of bed, otherwise as soon as i got up i was sick.

I do remember trying crackers with my first pregnancy, didn't work then. But I will try again!! I need to do something... poor little Brendan has to wait for me to get up before he gets fed. Thank you so much!

Have you tried ginger? I don't like it at all, but it worked wonders for me. If you can snack on something right before bed it also helps with the low blood sugar, but it can also interrupt your sleep...

I had heard of ginger, but how do you take it??? Do I need to buy fresh ginger, or can it be anything with ginger in it???

Drink ginger tea. It is a different taste but quite nice. Also are you taking pregnancy and breast feeding formula? (tablets) They have some ingredient in them that help with morning sickness. Talk to your Dr. first though if you aren't taking them already.

Thanks I'll have to have a look at the shop on Monday. I'm not taking the pregnancy and breastfeeding tablets, I have got a packet of them though!! I have enough trouble remembering the iron and folate!!

You can also buy preggi pops. Just google them and they should come up. Apparently they are really good for morning sickness.

citygal Guest

I found peppermint tea (it has something in it that is known to settle an upset tummy) and KFC chips worked the best for me and I had MS all day every day for the entire pregnancy. When it was really bad I took Maxalon (the stuff the doc gives you).I had a friend who used to eat crystalised ginger. You can buy it in the supermarket. They are little chunks of ginger covered in sugar. She found the sweet taste worked better than the bitterness of straight ginger.

Thanks I have a few more options now! I really appreciate all the ideas!! Hopefully something will work.