Thread: brown spotting at 22weeks

Default brown spotting at 22weeks

Hi gals I need to pick your brains. Im currently 22 weeks pregnant and last week had some brown spotting that lasted for two days. went to hospital to get it checked out and they said it was probbably due to being constipated. Im not constipated anymore and today the brown discharge is back. I don want to go out there again incase they think Im a nurotic pregnant lady but is this normal or is it a sign of something bad happening??

Hi Collo
    If you are concerned go to the hospital. They will not think that you are a nurotic pregnant woman, they will think that you are a pregnant woman who is concerned about the health of her baby.

Brown spotting is not usually a concern and can be caused by mant things. Sex, heavy lifting exercise, There is also a condition where you get a small pocket of blood behind the placenta. This pocket of blood can leak out and cause thew spotting. If this pocket is small it is not usually a problem.

Not sure if this helps but when i was in my 1st Trimester i had a little bleeding (apparently from when the embryo attached to my uterus or something) anyway i freaked and for 3 days after that i had a brown discharge and the doc says it's just dry blood. So my guess is dry blood.
    I wouldnt worry about the hospital thinking your a nurotic pregnant woman, who cares what they think, main thing is that you and your baby are healthy and safe. They get paid either way so might as well make em work for it. lol
    Good luck but im sure everything is fine.

Hi Nik, I wanted to send you hugs as I am sure it is quite scary for you. I think Alan has given you some good advice and that it is worth reducing your own worry by having it checked out.

Thinking of you.

xx

When I was pregnant with DD2 I had a few contractions at 33 weeks. I was 10 hours away from my doc visiting family & just thought if I ignore it, it'll go away. I thought I'd go in there for no reason too & they wouldn't like me for wasting their time.
    Anyway I went to the loo & there was a bit of brown blood. I freaked & told DH. He told his mum & she said to go lay down with my feet up. We decided to go home the next day & that if we needed there were plenty of hospitals along the way.
    When I saw my Doc he said it was more than likely contractions & sounded like a bit of old blood. So nothing to worry about. But if it happens again to get checked & any more contractions to ring him. & I had to take it easy.
    If you feel at all worried go & get checked. That is why they are there. Stress is worse for you than feeling neurotic. They will understand.