Thread: Burping ??

Default Burping ??

Has anyone else had this problem? I dont normally burp alot (other then after fizzy drink etc) but, since i have been about 10 weeks preg, i burp alot. But, more throaty burps, sort in my neck area, and not actually out loud burps. And heaps. DH says i do it in my sleep, apparently kept him awake.....anyway, was wondering if anyone else had something similar. I dont drink alot of soft drink, and when i do, i dont feel that has any effect on the burps. Could it be something that i am eating perhaps?

i have had the same thing but it has been since i was 1st pregnant and has only just went away i'm not sure what it is from never had anything like that with miss keyonte but i'm glad it has gone as i was doin it so much it was making me sick

Ugh I have the same thing, and just to make matters worse I have terrible indigestion so I get that lovely acid taste everytime. My diet hasn't changed so I don't know what's causing it. Not very pleasant though!

sammoran Guest

I had that a little at the end of my first pg (a boy) but all the way through with my second (a girl), and that was how I knew I was having a girl in my third (right from the beginning). You can get something from your GP for the indigestion but I never did. It wasn't really bad and I try not to take things when I am pg.

I have the same thing too - no diet changes either - It gets to the point where if I have to have a meeting or speak at length after lunch, I am burping every minute or so while talking - very annoying! Takes me three times as long to say anything!

I've had the same thing from around 28 weeks... I wake myself up, burping in my sleep. I've put it down to the heartburn... If I feel like heartburn is coming on, I usually have a glass of milk... then end up burping... but no where near as much burping as when I have had Gaviscon or similar.

I had exactly the same thing. I stopped in the second trimester and has started up again just in the last couple of weeks.
    My poor husband - not a very attractive trait in a wife. A great fat, exceptionally hairy woman has taken over his bed who intermittently groans and when not groaning burps - much like you would imagine a cow with it's cud. Not exatly the Elle McPherson he fell in love with - YEAH RIGHT!!!

ttcno2 Guest

this is a form of reflux/indigestion.
    try eating less before you go to bed, sleep with two or three pillows so your head and shoulder are raised, also cut out caffeine and keep a record of what you eat on the days that it is worse.
    i suffer terribly from this (have even ended up in hospital once with difficulty swallowing) and it gets worse during pregnancy...
    you can take some over the counter meds for it, but check with your dr...
    otherwise - mylanta, gaviscon etc are perfectly safe..
    good luck, its horrible

mine seems to have settled down now. I do notice it in the morning, when i first get out of bed, its abit bad. Maybe something to do with stomach gas's and nothing in there? Who knows...another mystery

I havent been burping as such, but I can feel alot of trapped wind in my stomach at times, which makes me feel short of breath. Hope your burping eases soon!