Thread: Can I eat...

tinka Guest

Default Can I eat...

Ricotta cheese..
    My friend has invited us around for dinner tomorrow night and she has just asked me whether I can eat it or not...

Thanks,
    Tinkx

ps. I just ordered by BUGABOO CAMELEON and I am so excited! (I got it $300 cheaper than the advertised price and that it why I ordered it so early!!!)

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Do you know in what way it's going to be served? If it's hot there's definitely not a problem. If it's cold it shouldn't be a problem, cheese in Australia is pasteurised although apparently that doesn't make a difference. However things in moderation can be ok and so I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you feel strongly against it though go with your instinct.

Hi Tink,
    It depends on if it is pastuerized or not. If it is made from Cow's milk in Australia it will be pastuerized (Aust regulations) but goat cheese in Aust doesn't have to go through those same steps. Also, if it is cooked, it should be ok because the cooking process will get rid of any bacteria. HTH.

MG

Hi,

I think you can eat it.

But personally i still wouldnt. Its up to you. If you decide to eat it, i would definately eat it steaming hot.

It'd prob be fine - but if ur at all uncertain then avoid it - no harm in playing it safe

I agree, i eat it but only when really hot in thing like spinach and cheese triangles, but i wouldnt eat it cold.

PS - where did you get your bugaboo for $300 off.

You can eat the packaged ricotta, but avoid deli ricotta xo