Thread: Cold that won't go away..

Unhappy Cold that won't go away..

Just having a bit of a whinge!!! I've had a cold with blocked nose and unproductive dry itchy cough for a week now and I'm just getting so sick of it... I'm getting hardly any sleep with all the coughing and I worry about the baby bouncing around in there !!! I've taken time off work but really should get back tomorrow, but I just don't seem to be any better than I was this time last week!!!!

I saw the GP last Tuesday and he prescribed "chicken noodle soup" - seriously !! He said he didn't want to give me any medication. Anyone had any success with preggie-friendly cough drops or a syrup or something?

It's a really annoying thing that you often get colds during pregnancy probably because your body is so busy making another human being!
    I used to have a hot honeylemon drink, I'm pretty sure the boiling water gets rid of the botulis in honey - but you might have to do an internet check if that sort of thing concerns you.
    Also I found putting a towel over your head, and leaning over a steaming bowl of water can help but don't do what Christy did and spill it all over you...

Yeah I recommend hot showers now....

I know exactly how u feel, i've had a cold for 3 weeks and im so sick of it, doc says all i can do is take panadol for the headaches, i've tried lemsip, cough lollies and all to no avail, it is so hard to get rest when ur preg and have a 3yr old so having a cold on top isn't much help. I think all we can do is let nature run its course and hope that it hurries up. Good luck and i hope you feel better!

Thanks girls - sounds like there's quite a few of us out there in this situation! I normally have such a great immunity - I haven't had a cold for almost 3 years! so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Last night I finally started to get some decent sleep, cough is loosening up so it's much more satisfying to cough now. yay!

Wishing you all get well / stay well wishes! Alyssa's mum- must be such an extra challenge to also look after a young child rather than curling up in bed! Hope your cold is out the door asap.