Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deforrestation... can't see!

I have the clippers. They're specifically designed for deforestation. They're actually pretty good and I haven't cut off any vital parts - oh no!!!!

I will continue to clip, dunno how - but I will. Can still see everything so far - so that's good. My belly isn't so large yet.

Erybery, I don't reckon they'd care. They've no doubt seen everything and are prepared for all types.
    I can't understand why middies would say they find hairless "easier"? What are they doing?!? I would've thought that any tears or where they need to be looking there's no hair growing anyway?
    I haven't tidied for a while and last time I could see ok if I angled my pelvis forward enough and put one foot on the toilet. But next time I will probably use a portable mirror while I wield the scissors, and rest it on the toilet seat.
    Last time I let it run wild, but this time I'd like to control it some before the post-birth bleeding.

Great thread girls!! I am very pro hair-free but each day it gets harder and harder to reach.... let alone see!

I try squatting down, and just do my best to hack slowly with th razor. But most of the time I get stuck. Its a hit and miss thing lol!

I wish I had the guts to get it all waxed . It would make life so much easier. But im too chicken!

ha ha ha... great thread!! I prefer to wax and did when I was pregnant with Aiden up until I was 38 weeks and the lady who waxed was great and honestly it hardly hurt... but thats just my personal preference

As I said when I first posted, I tore really badly - in places that shouldn't tear...
    It was horrific!
    I think my midwife and ob said it would make it easier is because of MY history - they will be able to see what is going on easier and quicker when they know I am already have panic attcks about it now...

Another waxer here!
    Waxed all the way through when pregnant with our DD - and our hospital asked you to wax or shave before c-section delivery. No stubble around my scar when it was fresh which really helped... takes about 2-3 weeks before the hair peeks back through - by which time my scar was in really good shape and not as sensitive...
    Not sure what Ob's prefer overall though.
    Doesn't hurt as much as you think - and hurts a whole bunch LESS than your eyebrows. Besides, I only do it every 6 weeks.
    Should say though, that it does hurt a bit more when I'm pregnant - but I'm generally more sensitive in that region when I'm pregnant !
    Lily

I couldn't see and it was just too hard so I let it go. With DS2 I fully intended to do something about it before going into labour, but he arrived 3 1/2 weeks early and with a 3 hour labour there was no time to worry about it! I am sure the ob and mw have seen it all before so I wasn't too worried about that, but boy did it give me a shock when I could see it after the birth!

They must have seen it all before!! - unchartered territory.

lol this is a funny one. Well I too have always been one to tame the beast. I have to shave still. I can't really see it either I just hope that it doens't look to funny.

I love this thread!!

I'm a huge fan of waxing Tassie so lucky for my DH, he's not going to be subjected to maintaining my precious 'Map' for me. I actually had mine tamed a couple of weeks ago and had to apologise to my goregous beautician for my new Amazon look - even my poor belly has some new sprouts! Well, it had some until the hot wax took care of those suckers for me. I have so much extra hair now I'm pregnant that it's disturbing! I still shudder to think what my beautician saw when she got rid of the hair 'behind'!!!

Speaking of excess hair, has anyone else been blessed by a very fine growth under their chin? My DH affectionality informed me yesteday that he still loves me, even if I do have a beard!! I've never had hair there before and I'm a bit scard to wax it in case I have to do it forever. Hmmm, will start another thread to get some feedback

Thanks for the giggle - it was just what I needed today

I love the terminology in this thread: firebreaks!!!

I have never been one to keep up on the mowing. The undergrowth needs to be capable of harbouring fugitives before I can be bothered but I did a huge "backyard blitz" when my due date approached.

Tools of the trade were scissors, wax and a small mirror which I rested on the corner of the bath which I then rested my foot on. It wasnt easy, there were several troops lost but mission accomplished eventually. I should have got a purple heart! I was glad I bothered as I had an emergency ceasarian and saved valuable lifesaving time from having to have a shave in surgery. MUCH nicer for the wound care too as I had a nasty overhang scar that had to be cleaned and covered for much longer than normal. I was very glad to not have much regrowth then!

sazzafrazz- PMSL at your post!!!!

AFM I can't exactly see what the heck im shaving down there but I try my best. A wax has jumped into my mind on a few occasions, but Im way too chicken to get it done! Makes me feel silly considering Im going to go through something much more painful!
    If I do get it done, and it ends up really hurting, chances are I probably wont go back. Im kind of in 2 minds about it!

I've been 'going to Brazil' for about the last 10 years or so. I look at it a litle like birth- you know it's going be incredibly painful but you know the pain will eventually come to an end and the end result is well worth it. Luckily, for all of us, we don't have to return to childbirth 4-6 weeks after the last one...hmmm, not sure how to work that into my little metaphor
    Anyway, I'm all for it particularly in the third trimester when I'm feeling massive...bring on the pedis, manis and visits to the hairdresser- anything to make me feel a bit prettier!!

I bought boylegs.

I gotta say - its so disturbing the first time you realise - I CAN'T SEE WHAT I AM DOING!

Hi, I just checked into the second tri section ... not officially eligible yet, just wanted to get an idea of what I was in for.
    I love this thread! I'm glad I have time to plan a strategy for how to deal with this when the bump gets bigger. I'm thinking DP would love an opportunity to have an extra fiddle down there.
    As for waxing, I've had it done a few times... gave it a go because it's so cheap here. It didn't hurt so much but it was VERY personal ... doing a starfish while someone moves your bits around. I also got ingrowns... got a super-infected one last time that filled up with pus ... so disgusting. I ran out of exfoliant and didn't think it would matter.
    Now my Tassie region seems to be public property for scans, DP's conversations with the baby and the future birth... maybe it won't seem so embarrassing.

GoingtobebiginAsia - they always say leave your dignity at the door when you fall pregnant and it is so very, very true!

I have been having regular waxes for Tassie since - well I can't even remember how long I have been waxing. I missed my last appointment because I couldn't get to Obs and other appointments all in one day so I will take to Tassie with the clippers and shorten everything and then get it waxed and then continue that regime until birth. I have already discussed with my wonderful waxer how we can manage the different positions once the bump gets bigger

I've started waxing again since I've been pregnant cos I lost sight of mine months ago. It's really not that bad... If you ask me having your legs done hurts way more than your bikini (I only get a tidy up though, not the full brazillian, funnily enough they actually call the wax I get a Tassie).

But I was thinking about what I will do in the lead up to the birth. Personally I will feel a whole lot more comfortable if I know it's all neat and tidy. But, I have to exfoliate daily to avoid ingrowns and somehow I don't think I will be wanting to exfoliate anywhere near there in the days afterwards (or weeks if I need stitches)...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast