Thread: Does your baby seem to be aiming for your bladder?

Default Does your baby seem to be aiming for your bladder?

Hi
    I was wondering when will the baby stop kicking, punching, head-butting my bladder? I am only 26wks and find that I am constantly in need of the toilet - even when I have nothing in there to go with - is this normal?

I don't have any pain so its not an infection so I am convinced it must be bub using it as a punching bag. Does anyone know if this gets easier as bub gets bigger or worse?

T.

This is very normal and doesn't seem to end. You are now a vessel for a human and any consideration for your welfare (from the baby) seems to go out the window.

What is also especially exciting is when the baby turns and kicks you in the diapraghm. That was always exciting too........

Thanks Leesa - sounds like there are more fun times ahead then. I am not complaining, but I am convinced my body is just not big enough for this growing bub!!

Cheers, T.

Yep my bladder is a bean bag too at the moment. I can't go anywhere that doesn't have bathrooms close by. I go all day and all night.

I'm 21 weeks TUE and I've been feeling this for the last two weeks, bub's is sitting VERY heavily on my bladder!!!

Oh my goodness yes!
    Jellybean seems to pick the most appropriate times for it too, like just as im drifting off to sleep...
    I got to the point where i was needing to 'nano-pee' so frequently i went to the doctor and begged please please make sure i don't have an infection...
    I'm hoping once he's a bit bigger he'll move around and off my bladder... mind you, if it's not my bladder it's something else...

Thanks ladies - I agree that once she gets bigger it will probably be somewhere else and not the bladder. Still its a good job I am at home most of the time as once I gotta go I gotta go - hee hee.

Welcome to my world...

My DD also seems to be aiming for my bladder mainly during the day, so i'm lucky also that i'm at home alot. And i make sure i go before i leave the house but usually have to go a few times while i'm out. DD doesnt aim for my bladder during the night which i'm thankful for, but i usually get up between 4am and 6am to go.

Yes, but seems to have more fun with it when its full! Day & night.

Oh & by the way that consideration for your welfare will never exsist, just so you know. 2yo DD still jumps on my bladder, & everything else she can possibly hurt. including the baby, but hey, who cares. SHE's having fun, why worry about anyone else?